Question: If Prop 19 passes

CanbisMxmus

Prop 19 pros and cons... if it passes, would you buy mass produced cannabis if it were easily available and low cost :joint: , or would you buy smaller production higher quality fresh cannabis from your local grower :yummy:?

I ask this because as a small grower in an already very competitive field, I personally do not feel threatened. I think that while large production would become a reality, I believe that the general cumulation of smokers would prefer smaller batch, frequent variety change , fresh flowers, as opposed to most anything that is mass production which tends to sacrifice some quality for quantities sake. I'd just like to hear what others have to say. :tokin:

There's also the third option, if you don't already grow, would you?

Re: Question: If Prop 19 passes...

I believe that it will be similar to wines. some people buy the mass produced cheaper wines and some drink expensive smaller batches and such. not being a wine drinker, i may be off a wee bit there.

me personally would buy from someone who i knew and not mass produced stuff. unless it was some good dank for little money....but i would always try different ones.

where I am in the deep south, it's just a fantasy anyway, unfortunately

Re: Question: If Prop 19 passes...

I don't do Wal*Mart so I probably wouldn't shop much at Weed*Mart, either.

Might pick up a pound of $40 mass-produced crap to see what kind of hash/oil it produced, but you wouldn't find head stash there.

That was something I'd not thought about, concentrates... they'd probably become VERY popular.

My hope, after all is said and done, is that cannabis legalization will open the door for industrial hemp. We could stop spending $500m+ a year on importing it from China and Canada, and spread the wealth to OUR farmers.

You can choose buy food at walmart, local grocer, the organic farmers market or grow your own.

Local communities also can choose to not allow walmart into town, but you can still grow your own... or just drive to a town with a walmart if thats what you want.

Weed should be the same.

My hope, after all is said and done, is that cannabis legalization will open the door for industrial hemp. We could stop spending $500m+ a year on importing it from China and Canada, and spread the wealth to OUR farmers.

:thumb:

You can choose buy food at walmart, local grocer, the organic farmers market or grow your own.

Local communities also can choose to not allow walmart into town, but you can still grow your own... or just drive to a town with a walmart if thats what you want.

Weed should be the same.

:thumb:

If I could buy the same quality weed that I grow for less than what it cost me to grow it, I would buy it in a second regardless of whether it came from Walmart or Dealer McDope.

How do you think this vote will effect prices for medical use and the prices of growing supplies? I need to get my indoor set up going, but debate whether to order something tomorrow to get the best choice, or wait until after the vote to see if huge discounts will be available.

I think many more people will try to grow their own. Those that can't will resort to the cheapest buds they can find. Most people have never had a quality bud before and wouldn't know the difference. I use my aunt as an example. 40 years she has smoked MJ yet has never heard of "Indica" or Sativa" and didn't care. to find out.

Consider how many people have no jobs and no money in CA. Whoever can grow will likely try to profit from it. Me, I just want it for my medical condition and look for the best.

While I'm hanging around here, is there any place I can get advice about growing in this extreme CA heat? I can barely cool my house, let alone a grow space. :-( All the folks I find in forums don't live in this type of climate. My dispensary was raided and shut down. i have no choice but to grow my own more seriously when before it was taking my time to learn...

I believe "medical" in this instance refers to potency, which is largely contributed to the strain grown. Indoor growing is expensive, unless you have free or highly discounted electricity, so I don't really see that the indoor prices can go down too much, but I do think it will fall considerably. I don't see equipment prices going down anytime too soon, since there will probably be a wave of sales with legalization.

You stated exactly right "many more people will try to grow their own", but the key word is TRY. No it's not rocket science, but if you want to get good results, you have to know what you're doing, and it takes time, trial, and error. I provide clones and seeds to people who want to try, more often than not, they kill it and then come to me asking what happened. I just tell them to read up, or leave it to me, I'm not a teacher, been there tried that... people don't really want to grow after they find out how much work it actually is.

I've been a smoker for 25+ years and had never knew anything about cannabis except that it got me high, until 5 years ago when I got my mmj recommendation. That's when I learned as much as I could about it, and suddenly, I was the pot guy. But it took a couple years before people quit calling it homegrown, and just started calling it chronic. I've read a multitude of books and magazines, read through online forums such as this, and even gotten a tip or two from more experienced growers. I now have thousands of dollars of equipment (not hard to do), have grown thousands of plants, and make my living from what was a thirty five dollar initial investment. I spent $10 acquiring some good seeds, and bought an overpriced bag of Foxfarm Ocean Forest for $25 (my first hydro store rip off). I started with six seeds and a bag of soil, and talked my way into using some of my friends nutes. Two seeds my buddy killed for me, leaving four, of which one was a male, and the other three were my career beginning. I started on a shoestring and now spend more in a month than I did in my first year. This all took time and dedication though, and I don't think the average smoker will devote what it takes to grow their own if it's cheap and available.

I don't think you're going to have to worry about the heat too much longer, I got my first frost yesterday, and I'm in the high desert.

Prop 19 looks like it is in trouble of passing right now. Lots of us are just hoping for the best, or a miracle. It is saddening to see this. If this were to ever happen it would be in California. Lots of problems with this bill, but the worst culprit to me are those that stand to lose money if it passes. Most people that vote do so to protect their own personal economy. It is short sited because a lot of economic opportunities would come from this bill passing. It could make some people squeaking buy very wealthy. It just means a different way of thinking.

Here are the latest polls: https://polltracker.talkingpointsmemo.com/contests/2010-ca-prop-19

I am not in cali, but I am praying daily and hoping that the polls are wrong and people are just not wanting to answer truthfully. I include police, and anyone who may have something to lose if other people knew their true views.

being on the other side of the country, we are all hoping you guys don't let this opportunity slip through your fingers

sad part is if 19 does not pass the next legalization prop will have to be even more restrictive to be able to pass.

the next prop will have to be for carrying 3 grams and growing in a 2'x2', and keep it 10,000 feet from any school, park or government owned property, for those aged 30 years old and over...

I believe there are too many problems for this bill to pass this time, but it is a win regardless in the simple fact that it made it as far as it did. With some adjustments to whatever issues need to be addressed, the bill can be resubmitted. Persistence and patience are the keys to getting things done, even the wind carves stone... (been reading too much i-ching... lol)

Keeping it illegal means the bad guys get to keep being bad (crooked alphabet gov't agencies and such) and are going to make it very hard to take their income.

well the CA prop bit the dust. They need to get more details in this thing ironed out!

Another legal issue... I hope the "Saving Kids From Dangerous Drugs Act of 2010" (S. 258) flops. It is all about getting the votes.
I sent CA Senator Feinstein a letter on that. If ya don't know what this is, I can post her initial reply which explains it. My new reply is in the works and is waaay too long. Here's part of it that I'll leave in, maybe.

"What is the purpose of making something illegal that is already illegal? How will this change things? This operation in Oakland that was selling drugs as candy is just as illegal as if the sold drugs were sold in pill form and just as expensive to buy. These people are already breaking the law by selling drugs. How will this new legislation change anything? I would really appreciate an answer for this. Here's an example: is illegal to sell fully automatic guns. If you discover they are now making illegal guns out of plastic or in colors, it does not change the law that such guns are illegal. It would make little sense to pass a law banning the sale of red machine guns or plastic guns. I completely agree that drugs should be illegal and I as a law abiding citizen will never buy them, even if the look like a Snickers Bar. Do you understand?"

I also wanted to add that nuclear weapons are dangerous. Would I pretty pink artistically nuke be any more of less dangerous? heheh (duh)

Back
Top Bottom