Question: Miracle-Gro Bloom Booster

i know the issue you are addressing racefan. i wish i had an answer. no one wants the run off. but here, where i live, we keep testing for fecal coli in our water which is put there by geese and ducks. it is great fert. but makes humans sick. also cow sh*t gets into the water and has to be traced when it gets too bad. these are organic but we don't like them either.

by the way, i use a weak organic when i plant seeds. even though i am not totally convenced that it is that much less harmful, i still use it. i guess its like many things, better safe than sorry.

and when long time posters talk about how to make your bud taste better, i always try it. got nothing to loose and everything to gain.

The day you stop learning is the day you stop maturing...

And racefan, i'm with you on the salmon, i went to humboldt state and people are up in arms about that issue, its just terrible.

Run off is getting into the drinkin water systems? Maby a well system right? Ive seen creeks and small ponds destroyed because of some carless farmer. The ferts make algea grow at amazing rates. This floating algea chokes the light from the other underwater plants killing off the aquatic habitat. This is how you get one of thoes nasty looking ponds in someones yard or some random place. This situation has a name but im sleepy and i cant remeber it. My uncle has a occupation that deals with cattle feed. Nothing special there but he designs the strain of sorgum that he feeds the cattle for certain contents..... Im looking into this sort of tech for cannabis plants and seeds. Should be interestin on how we have learned to alter plants through chemistry/cross polination.

Thanks boomhauer,so many are so down on whats cheap,readily available and effective.

I'm not so much down on it because its MG just don't like how all the MG I see has a 20-20-20 NPK value or similar. If they made a 12-6-6 I would use it if it were cheaper then the 8 bucks I spend on my Ago Old Grow. Just seems like MG formulas use a broad stroke rather then something more fine tuned like the "more expensive" designer nutrients seem to be.

MG has a bit of a veriety. They actually have veg and flower verieties, and a random selection of african violet stuff..... i think thats what it is.... Alaskan fish formula from Home Depot is $7 and change with a 5-1-1. Anyone should look around. you will find deals if you want them or not

I dont care about the taste of my weed, unles it taste like Bow Moment (what ever that taste like). I smoke my weed with blunts and blunts only so the taste wouldn't make a difference to me either or.
Dont get fooled by the popular names...Just cuz a product is very popular and most ppl use it, does that mean if some one jumps off the roof you will do it to as well ?

cuz everybody dont have it as good as others, and everybody dont have a hydro store right down the street from them where they can get up and go and get all the good name products.

Here's a guy who's been growing prolly the same amount of years as well as others and this is what he had to say about MG:

I switched to Jacks a few years ago and it is now my favorite. However;
I have grown at least a dozen crops with both Peters and Miracle Gro.
I think the problem in using these ferts is that lots of growers over fertilize....
A little of this stuff goes a very long way. I like to feed with each watering.
If growing indoors I use only 1/2 to full teaspoon of powder with 1 gallon of water. Dosage depends on growth rate, lighting, etc. Start off with smaller amount and increase as needed. Watch your plants carefully and you will develop a "6th sense", in knowing how much to give each plant!

Another problem with these products is not flushing enough before harvest.
I like to use nothing but pure water for the last week or so before harvest. And then I flush with tons of water a couple days before cutting down.
This definitely improves flavor!
A "real" fertilizer ??? .....is MG an "unreal" fert ??? Go ahead and post 1 thing that makes your "real" fert soooo much better than Mg, Peters or Shultz. Its plant food. Nitrogen is nitrogen, phosphate is phosphate etc,etc,etc. Is it the stoner friendly name ???? The glossy pictures on the container ???? Or do you feel that if you pay $10 for one product and 50 for another that it only makes sense the more expensive is better ???? A good flush is all thats needed for good taste. If you're growin quality weed the nutes have no bearing on taste or potency as long as you're doing everything else right.

And i might not know much but i believe him. Everybody is stuck on these popular products cuz they cost more ? Almost the same thing as how people go get the High name brand food in grocey stores...But it all brings us back to the taste. Yea the high brand name food taste better (of course) but the low brand food is the same thing with a different taste.

Only difference is the taste ? if you dont care about the taste why not use MG ? I dont smoke bongs 24.7, i use blunts the taste will change for me either way you look at it.

I even did more research on this @ other sites, about people using MG bloom Etc, and they have gotten same/good results in using it.

I mean of course if you use high price products you will get better weed and stuff, but personally im not in no contest to see who can grow the best weed. MG will do fine is all im saying out of this.

I didnt mean to post other stuff onto this site and start a big debate about it, i was just trying to show other folk here, you dont have to go out and break your neck to try and get these Brand name produvts eveyone is speaking of. MG will work.

When you have nothing....... Improvise,,,,,,...
Pepsi or Coke??????
Mix a can in two or three gallons of water and apply... You can do this from the start of the Bud cycle until two weeks before harvest....
Their are more ingredients than is posted on the side of a can of Pepsi or Coke... Its got all the goodies....

When you have nothing....... Improvise,,,,,,...
Pepsi or Coke??????
Mix a can in two or three gallons of water and apply... You can do this from the start of the Bud cycle until two weeks before harvest....
Their are more ingredients than is posted on the side of a can of Pepsi or Coke... Its got all the goodies....

^^ I'm gunna have to disagree with you there. High Fructose Corn syrup is what your thinking the goodies are? I could see the possible thinking of it being like molasses which a couple people like to use. But i dont think thats the case. Could you provide some more info on the subject? I think it would do more bad than good...

And Racefan is right, MG sucks for pot.

pepsi or coke, wow i dont know about that..i need more info... raisin has 350g of postaimum or how ever u spell it.

I read some where, u can add brown sugar too. But that didn come from me i said i read it some where.

And for the people who say MG soil sucks, of course it sucks, to your opinion tho. There is a list of people who grown weed for years and have gotten good results with it.

Taste doesn't matter to all the people in the world. Some people dont care bout the taste.

look again at the real contents... Pepsi or Coke...
It contains the Phosphorus, Magnesium, and Potassium needed for Bud Production...
If You are in the Bud cycle and your leaf tips are brown... Try this trick....

:cool:I got this info from a grower.... Who grows the finest Grandaddy Purple Kush.......
He told me about the Molasses too.:grinjoint:
OH, and I am confirming it cause my Purple Kush Just reaches for the Sky from every point of each Bud, and no brown leaf tips...
Bud production went into overdrive in three days after mix was added...

omg, so all i need ais a small can of pepsi or coke then get 1 gallon of water then mix it?

:cool:Try it on one hard starter plant if flowering has started... If your not sure.....
One can of coke or Pepsi in three to five gallons of water...
You will see a difference in three days to a week.... I just crack a can and add a half to three quarters to my bucket and add a gallon or two of water... Then I drink the rest of the Pepsi left in the can... :grinjoint:

look again at the real contents... Pepsi or Coke...
It contains the Phosphorus, Magnesium, and Potassium needed for Bud Production...
If You are in the Bud cycle and your leaf tips are brown... Try this trick....
Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup,Carmel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Natural Flavors, Caffeine. That is verbatim. In 30+ years growing I have not or never heard this as an additive. Why, use it? Not why Not. But Why?
I cannot confirm this actual usage for you but will inquire. I cannot recommend this.
In soil grows I would suggest to you a little Bone meal, Magnesium or Rock Phosphate added in. I have also made teas from this to enhance the sweetness, but these fertilizers are in the flowering beds already from the start.

Back
Top Bottom