Question: Miracle-Gro Bloom Booster

what about raisins....they have 350g of Potassium in them.

I Also have some baby Enfamil "NEXT STEP" (LIPIL) thats powder based, and this is what it has in it.

NUTRIENTS Per 100 Calories
(Normal Dilution) (5 fl oz)

Vitamins:
A-----------------------IU-300
D-----------------------IU-60
E-----------------------IU-2
K-----------------------mcg-8
Thiamin(Vitamin B1)-----mcg-80
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)---mcg-140
B6---------------------
mcg-60
B12--------------------mcg-0.3
Niacin------------------mcg-1000
Folic Acid (Folicin)------mcg-16
Pantothenic acid-------mcg-500
Biotin------------------mcg-3
C (Ascorbic acid)------ mg-12
Cholin-----------------mg-24
Inositol----------------mg-6

Minerals:
Calcium----------------mg-195
Phosphorus-----------mg-130
Magnesium-----------mg-8
Iron-------------------mg-2
Zinc-------------------mg-1
Manganese
------------mg-15
Copper----------------mg-75
Iodine-----------------mg-10
Selenium--------------mg-2.8
Sodium----------------mg-36
Potassium----------------mg-130
Chloride---------------mg-80

I didnt bother to type the INGREDIENTS cuz it has alot, but this is what i read off the back.

Is this somthing better to use rather then soda ? I mean its for infant babies to drink so why would it hurt a plant ?

Macro Nutrients
(primary nutes)
# carbon (C)
# hydrogen (H)
# oxygen (O2)
# nitrogen (N)
# phosphorus (P)
# potassium (K)
# calcium (Ca)
# magnesium (Mg)
# sulfur (S)

Micro Nutrients
(Secondary nutes)
# Boron (B)
# Chlorine (Cl)
# copper (Cu)
# iron (Fe)
# Manganese (Mn)
# Zinc (Zn)
# Molybdenum (Mo)

I got this list off this site in the How to grow sections...and apparently this Enfamil has mostly everything except a few things on here...But it has everything for flowering....

can anyone thats advance let me know if i can test or use this....since i begun flowering as of yesterday....??????? to see how the plant likes it...and how much water and the powder do i add ?

Macro Nutrients
(primary nutes)
# carbon (C)
# hydrogen (H)
# oxygen (O2)
# nitrogen (N)
# phosphorus (P)
# potassium (K)
# calcium (Ca)
# magnesium (Mg)
# sulfur (S)

Micro Nutrients
(Secondary nutes)
# Boron (B)
# Chlorine (Cl)
# copper (Cu)
# iron (Fe)
# Manganese (Mn)
# Zinc (Zn)
# Molybdenum (Mo)

I got this list off this site in the How to grow sections...and apparently this Enfamil has mostly everything except a few things on here...But it has everything for flowering....

can anyone thats advance let me know if i can test or use this....since i begun flowering as of yesterday....??????? to see how the plant likes it...and how much water and the powder do i add ?

I will bet that Enfamil would work too.. In the right ratio with water.... and bringing the water to the proper PH....
But I would say that you might start a problem with unwanted Bacteria...

I can Say my Purple Kush is reaching for the sky this morning and no brown leaf tips,,,Buds are looking great.... So I will keep you up on my progress...
Funny, the cool things you can learn when you understand a bit of Chemistry.....:cool:

I did use mg in my last crop and i had some bad burn problems. At one point half the leaves died off. In the end they flushed fine and the bud was delicous but it could have been better had i not stressed the plants.

MG... Lol. The price of enough MG to run a crop and the price of a decent (for MJ) fert, say, something like GH series 3-part Flora nutes (yes, you can use them in soil too) is what, $20? $30? The "worth" of running a crop with MG vs. a fert like that is what, hundreds? Couple thousand?

Some people don't care about taste. Some people don't care about much of any other thing that a good fert will provide. But for the MMJ consumers who grow for reasons of their own health... And for those who AREN'T MMJ-orientated, what was the line from that old western again, "Son, the punishment for getting caught trying to rob a bank with an empty vault is the same for trying to rob a bank with a full one so you might think about what you're doing here." lmao.

Then there's the comment I saw in an earlier thread in this post that mentioned "nitrogen is nitrogen" or something very similar. Anyone remember off the top of their hand the ratios of the TYPES of nitrogen that's in MG and why it's NOT recommended in MJ? I've forgotten some of the details from everything that I learned about MJ since it was over 10 years ago (and I don't think the composition of MJ has significantly changed in the interim). Meanwhile, most of the "recommended" ferts have continued to develop - and there are lots of new ones tailored for it.

Boy, I wish NPK, pH, and the boys (and girls?) from times gone by in ADPC newsgroup were here, they knew how to explain this stuff without having to resort to, "Sure, it'll work - sort of - and the reason that you'll find a few old farts that swear it's given them a harvest for 20+ years is because it will. MJ is a WEED and you can routinely find it pushing its way up through a crack in the sidewalk where someone cleaned their bag of crappy MJ and pitched the beans out their window. It's pretty hard to kill. But 99% of those old farts have never TRIED controlled experimentation using different ferts/additives so that they could scientifically prove to themselves how wrong they are. Being old farts, most would never admit it of course. But you can usually tell. Had they lived 100 years ago they'd be telling you that you shouldn't worry about those newfangled automobile contraptions because they're just a fad and aren't worth the money. After all, they've been riding a horse everywhere they go for the past 20+ years and it's good enough to get them to the general store way off yonder in town three miles away and back."

Me, I want a Rolls Royce. I want a jet plane. I want a rocket ship. I want to go to the stars, baby, and I want to go as far as I can and go there in STYLE.

Yeah, I wish the old gang was here. They could probably explain it a lot better. Me, I had to learn all this stuff the hard way because there weren't a lot of people who could have saved me from all the experimentation, the trial-and-error, the refusal to stop at just "bare minimum." At least you guys have web sites like this one and all the years of accumulated knowledge of the experts that are members and staff here.

Now if you'd only use it...

ok that still dosent answer my question.i already have miracle gro and dont have the means to get anything else right now.so how much mircle gro should i give a 4 1/2 foot tall plant per serving?

How long is the entire flowering cycle? And what do you have it growing in? IOW, what kind of ammendments if any have you been feeding her and what type of "soil?"

ok that still dosent answer my question.i already have miracle gro and dont have the means to get anything else right now.so how much mircle gro should i give a 4 1/2 foot tall plant per serving?

Use the little spoon that comes with it - about a 1/4 teaspoon per gallon at every watering - error on the side of caution. I'm not sure about the liquid version, but if you follow the directions for constant feeding, you will most likely not burn your plants. Don't get it on the leaves.

I'm one of those old farts mentioned here .... It will work fine if that is all you have .... as for amounts are you indoors or out ???? I've been growing for some 20 year or so .... and it does work.... I have done much experimenting with ferts ....BLAH,BLAH,BLAH.... You'll BE FINE:smokin::smokin::smokin:

whatever you started the plants with is what you should keep on working with if the plants are doing well. IF ITS NOT BROKEN DONT TRY TO FIX IT!!!! catch my drift?

All my cuzns north of Marin swear by MG not only for the dankest buds but the cost factor as well. like some folks said before just do what the directions say and you will be dancing in the streets. Take it from someone with a marketing background, half the "natural" products out there are phony and way expensive.

from my experience , use weekly very weakly.stole that from someone on this site. no disrespect intended. just cant remember who said it.

This thread is pathetic, anyone who defends using mg for cannabis should never be allowed to grow again. MG is shit... If you guys are so into growing why don;t you spend a few minutes doing some research, why would you want to use a product that is designed for a wide variety of plants, when you could use products that are specifically designed for cannabis???
Not having a hydro shop near you is a lazy excuse to not be able to get your hands on these type of products. You obviously have the internet... Why don't you order the goods online???
For the person arguing that a "long term" grower swears by MG and has great results..Well to that all i can say is if he;s using MG he doesn't really know what a good yield really is!!!
My personal favorite nutrients are,

Soil grow:
chemical- Dyna-Gro products
Organic- Age Old Grow

Hydro:
Dutchmaster

This thread is pathetic, anyone who defends using mg for cannabis should never be allowed to grow again.

I agree with most of your post, but for some reason it bothers me that you called this thread pathetic. Kind of negative energy you know? I think anyone searching this forum for knowledge should be encouraged, not ridiculed.

most folks know that its not the best nut to use . but some dont. and some have very limited resources. i am not defending it or endorsing it by no means. its not a competition here, just the fact you are doing what you are doing should be enough to encourage every one to grow-grow-grow. through exp i suggest if you must use it ,use it at diluted rate. very diluted.

i don't post very often. i have , for many years, learned how to grow from this site. i also work in an industry that uses ferts every day, the golf course industry. i have to determine what ferts to put on bent grass, poa grass, blue grass, rye grass etc. we also have a lot of landscaping...flowers, perenials, annuals , azalias etc. i spend over $100,000 annually buying ferts. for just one course, we also hire 35-40 people a year to prune and care for everything. i have used ferts from all of the commercial companies. unfortunately, i have to put up with the fert salesmen every week. with a degree in turf i know what i am talking about. the chemicals in MG are no different than any others. to say that MG will taste different than Schultz bloom booster is absurd. the fert companies buy their chemicals from the same suppliers. organic N is no different than N that can be bought from a chemical company. it is just delivered in a different fashion...animal waste. would you rather that your nitrogen be delivered in fairly clean chemical form or cow or fowl shit?

since my profs didn't teach weed growilng, i still come here for tips on how to make my grows better. in my profession, why the hell should i buy it? i have made mistakes that could have been avoided if i had paid attention here. l agree with most that is posted here. weed is different than a putting green.

however, the fert debate needs to start to do some serious thinking about what is being said. most people act like they demand organic. that means, to quote cheech,.."i'm smokin dog shit?"

i use commercial ferts. i bring them home for free. i don't grow a lot, just enough for my personal use...plus my son, step daughter and a couple others. l like good taste and good potency. i get both and do sometimes with MG!

i work with 3 other guys who have degrees in either turf or horticulture. we all grow. we also all agree that the lack of love for MG is unfounded. none of us are large growers, just personal use,but i will match our grows with just about anyone's on the growing sites.

bottom line?.... a lot of people are just regurgitating what they have read, not what they have experienced.

just my opinion,fwiw

this might be one of the most honest and well founded posts on here lol

I have a very similar back ground to buckeyebonger. Commercial produce grower. I have successfully used Miracle Gro for 25-30 years in my operation. I have had blind taste tests with melons and tomatoes grown on our organic plots as well as our miracle gro fields. Elements are exactly that...elemental. You are giving plants in general way too much credit for their ability to discern sources. It is all about timing of application and availability (Which includes an number of considerations including moisture levels, pH, day length and temperature). I currently have a free Great White Shark seed from Greenhouse Seeds growing in a hillbilly airpot of 8 gallons. It is in a ProMix Ultra/ Bumper Crop/ Compost Mix. It has been fertilized mainly using only Jack Peters Classic Fertilizers and Super Thrive. I did use some of my compost tea and fish emulsion early on. She is 8 feet across the crown and still growing. I don't think she knows all of that stuff... but whatever it is she loves it!!

Back
Top Bottom