Question on auto-fems & do I need to cure?

jimpepper

Hi Everyone, new to the forum. I have been reading tons of stuff but found no info on either of these topics;
(should i do two threads? )

I am growing 1 quarter pounder ,1 blue cheese and 2 northern lights autos.
1st grow as it is now legal in MA. yahoo! using a combination of leds ,cfls, and fluorescent lights in soil.

At about $10 a seed I want to make my own feminized seeds. Have read a bit of the rodelization method. one using a silver spray and the other using stress by letting the plant grow longer than normal .

Question , what if i Harvest the entire top of the plant at the correct time , Or cut off all the colas, and leave a couple of the under shoots to hermaphrodite. Do you think this may produce some male flowers?

Second question, since I plan on making all edibles and I am not really going to smoke do I need to cure the buds? Or can I just chop them up and make butter?

on another note my two northerns of the same age are at 2 stages of life one is making numerous buds the other is still in veg.
Lastly I wanted ed to post some pics, but could not figure it out.
thanks
Jimpepper

re: Question on auto-fems & do I need to cure?

quarter_lb_4_weeks.jpg

re: Question on auto-fems & do I need to cure?

sorry new to this forum , this pic above is an auto fem quarter pounder 4 weeks old . as you can see she is flowering nicely at 6 weeks now buds are very nice.

Although it's entirely possible to hermie an auto by means that you have suggested. It's very difficult to achieve viable pollen unless you start early. Your best solutions are the silver route, spraying until you get your pollen sacks. Light poisoning would also work, but to a longer and lesser success rate, especially with autos. I'm not sure if they would survive long enough to Hermie after you've chopped. This is something worth sharing if you're to attempt this. Come by the Auto Growers Unite thread and we'll discuss these methods and how they apply to autos.

As for curing, it's not necessary. Just dry the buds and you'll have to decarboxilate beforehand to get the most out of your harvest.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Back
Top Bottom