420 Magazine Background

Question on Autoflower seeds

tilcer

Recently harvested my first time trying auto flowering seeds. to my surprise I have noticed a few seeds. is this a common thing for autoflower strains? Also are these seeds auto flowering? there were no males anywhere whatsoever so not sure how they got pollenated unless it pollenated itself. I didn't notice any herme tendencies either.

cmon

Recently harvested my first time trying auto flowering seeds. to my surprise I have noticed a few seeds. is this a common thing for autoflower strains? Also are these seeds auto flowering? there were no males anywhere whatsoever so not sure how they got pollenated unless it pollenated itself. I didn't notice any herme tendencies either.

I was just doing some research on this exact topic. Every plant is different and some are more prone to herme then others. I learned that seeds from a female hermaphrodite are feminized seed, because no male DNA was introduced. And in your case will be auto-flower. I have also been informed that seeds from a hermaphrodite female may have a genetic tendency to herme themselves.

Spimp

Nug of the Month: August 2013, June 2014 - Member of the Month: Oct 2013
Ive grown a few Autos and never been Lucky enough to find a seed.
Sometimes when buds are at the end of the cycle they Self Shag and produce feminized seeds. If I were you Id take care of those and grow some more autos. :thumb:

Herm's are different than late harvest nanners. Its hard to miss a herm, what with the male flowers and all. But nanners are sneaky and ninja like. Especially on light green foliage.

Heres a link or two to check out--Hermies Sneaky Nanners

tilcer

Didn't see any nanners but anyways going to grow them and see what happens. The strains were short ryder and bubblicious. the bud is decent and I got a fairly decent yield considering my barbaric set up

Top Bottom