Question on harvests and potency

BobOJ

420 Member
In my first grow, one of the varieties was "SLURRICANE". This was reportedly was a high thc strain. I harvested at 60 days (I think the slurricane could have went another 10 days) for logistical reasons (the other strain in the room was ready and I was drying in the flower room). Okay, now when I harvested and tested the slurricane buds, they only tested 14.7%, but its really nice smoke.

Now I have my second harvest about two weeks from harvest, and again I grew the same strains (cuts from the previous grow). My question is, if I let the slurricane go longer, until it is ready, is there chance that the thc will be significantly higher this time? I like the strain, but having such a low thc content turns off some buyers. I'm trying to decide whether to drop this strain and move onto something else. Thanks.

BobOJ

It's all about the trics, so in short, yes

The last one didn't fully mature, probably had lots of white hairs and still pretty clear in trics

Attachments

• when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram.jpg
    when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram.jpg
    545.9 KB · Views: 119
  • how-to-tell-a-marijuana-plant-is-ready-to-harvest-c62052097c07fb01.jpg
    how-to-tell-a-marijuana-plant-is-ready-to-harvest-c62052097c07fb01.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 100
  • When_To_Harvest2.jpg
    When_To_Harvest2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 106
Imagine too early could affect that quite a bit, but just because a Strain is "high thc" doesn't mean every pheno that comes from those seeds is going to be and that could be all over the place depending on how stable the Strain is. I know there are plenty of folks that shop at the Dispensaries by the "numbers", but I'm not much of a believer in it being relative to the "high" as I have had 15% flower that kicked as hard as the 29% so there is other things factoring in, personally I go more by looks and smell but that just me. Like alcohol a beer or wine or liquor even with the same alcohol % aren't going to necessarily have the same effect or type of effect, or for that matter even just taking one like a wine and have multiple wines from various brands/places with the same numbers might be different, and folks buy or have favorites based on something besides the number on the bottle.

Back
Top Bottom