Question on size growth when switching to flowering for LST'd plants

ptk2k

hey all! i've got three ladies (all femmed, 2 cheese seeds from VIP, different phenos apparently, then a delahaze from paradise seeds all the way to the right) about 2/3 way through vegging. my question stems from how much and how i'm training them. i'm doing an out and up method for all main colas. so my question is: if i flower with the plants with them 2 inches high off the planks they're tied to, will they only grow another 6 inches or so? or will the LST, (without it they'd be about three feet tall) make them grow another 3 feet upwards?? might seem like a stupid question but this is the first time i've stressed plants in such ways, haha. let me know what you guys think! :blunt:
image1_5_.JPG
image2_3_.JPG
image3_3_.JPG

I can't fully answer your question because different strains behave differently under similar conditions. But, it is generally accepted that plants will atleast double in size when switched to flowering. Chances are that if they are 2" now, they will not go over 12-14" during flowering :)

during the first few weeks of flower the ladies will stretch big time. Rule of thumb like said above, is you need to plan on them at least doubling in size...but can triple and quadruple depending on setup and strain.

good job with the training....looks wide open and healthy. ready for some buds

Back
Top Bottom