Question on soil absorbing rate and why it's not going down, all of a sudden

Pzza138

Hi fam
So I am a couple days into my fourth week of flowering; I have had no problems since transplanting into perm.pot with water sinking into my soil correctly but now all of a sudden water is just sitting on top and doesn't seem to be sinking down into soil how it usually does. It's sitting at top of pot and seems to only be going down sides.
The only things different on my grow is I've added some bat gauno,molasses, and worm castings- but I have been giving these on reg water days. My water schedule goes like; water& tiger+ big bloom,water & molasses( splitting a mixed gal of water with three tsp of molasses into half foliar and half hal str8 watering root zone.)
Is the molasses the cause of this?
Soil is Ff ocean forest
15 liter pot
Outdoor grow( been doing outside during day with fan on it to keep humidity down under fifty+ask live in s.w Florida & taking inside to closest at night where I have two fans on and the stays at 25-35/
Here are some pics+ please help I don't want to fudge this up as I'm doing pretty good considering it's my first grow
Thanks for any input,feedback, information that will help me diagnosis this correctly IMG_20200804_085258516.jpg
Also how does my bud production look, I'm two days into fourth week of flower?!

Ha thanks I've read that piece and I know how to properly water. But in regards to the soil+ I did add perlite -a good amount. That's what is throwing me. It's not like I just transplanted it's been two months since that and I haven't had not nairy an issue problem . If anything it was to loose and would absorb at a very good speed.
It just started happening the last few days.
I did go out an aerate the soil a bit and
"Carefully" made small super thin holes as deep as a large paperclip unbent to str8.
I'm hoping this will do the trick
Thank you though

Its probably the worm castings that are clogging things up a bit. Once they break down the problem will start to go away, but I would quit adding them from the top... its not adding as much to the grow as you think it is. Until this breaks down, try going out 10 minutes before you actually start watering and throw a cup or two of water on the surface, just to let it start seeping down. When you come back in a few minutes it should be a lot easier to get water to sink, but go slowly until it does. You are actually moving the blockage deeper into the container when you do and eventually it will be absorbed. This problem is why when I build a container I just put thin layers of EWC in there... too thick of a layer and it causes the problem you are having, and then later when it all decomposes, it leaves a void in the soil that eventually will cave in.

Its probably the worm castings that are clogging things up a bit. Once they break down the problem will start to go away, but I would quit adding them from the top... its not adding as much to the grow as you think it is. Until this breaks down, try going out 10 minutes before you actually start watering and throw a cup or two of water on the surface, just to let it start seeping down. When you come back in a few minutes it should be a lot easier to get water to sink, but go slowly until it does. You are actually moving the blockage deeper into the container when you do and eventually it will be absorbed. This problem is why when I build a container I just put thin layers of EWC in there... two thick of a layer and it causes the problem you are having, and then later when it all decomposes, it leaves a void in the soil that eventually will cave in.
Sage advice thanks very much

Emily's thanks a lot- I will work this method later on right after sunset . .keep ya posted if you want- what do you think about the size of the buds ( prob gotta zoom in a bit) but four weeks into flower, do you think they are doing good or are they small ??
That's what I like about this forum,always a variety of viable options. Thanks Nunyabiz. I'll look into this.

Back
Top Bottom