Question on trimming and when to flower

Weedian2112

So, my plants are about two months old now from when they sprouted. I keep seeing things online about switching to flower at 60 days but if someone could clarifying things for me I would appreciate it. Is that 60 mark from when they sprout? Or is it at a later date, like when they got moved into a slightly larger pot.

I just moved to 5 gallon planters today, and I took a few leaves off but I figure that some more trimming might help the plants out. How much should I be trimming off these plants as they grow, and how often?

Also, I know that one of them is looking a bit sad, it's my LSD and it's becoming a bit of a water hog. It seems to get sad looking like this way before my Acapulco Gold does. Guess it's just a matter of strain hardiness.

IMG_4947.jpg
IMG_4948.jpg
IMG_4949.jpg

Switch to 12/12 when they're about half the height you wish them to end up at. But some strains might triple in height after the switch, so be aware. How much can you raise your light? That determines the switch if you want them to grow as large as possible. It has nothing to do with how old your plants are.

At the very least you should remove fan leaves that cover bud sites. If you want to go to the extreme - try schwazzing - removing almost all fan leaves. I use that technique myself. There are loads of videos on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom