Question on which 1000w Hortilux Metal halide bulb I should get - Help needed

Keegan420

Hello 420mag, been growing for around 8-10 months now, and think its time to get a new metal halide bulb since I bought it used when i started up, and the inside of the arc tube is pretty much black.. Ive been looking online and it seems hortilux makes several types of metal halide bulbs. Im not gonna spend 200$ on the super blue dual arc bulb, but the Hortilux M1000B/U/BT37/HTL Standard Metal Halide 1000W 4200K Grow Light Bulb (U Lamp BT-37) which is there standard mh bulb, and the Hortilux M1000B/BU/HTL Metal Halide 1000W 4200K Grow Light Bulb (BU Lamp BT-5). They are 2 different bulb shapes, and the standard says initial lumens of 115,000, and the second is 120,000 initial lumens. It seems they have the same spectrum, lifetime, and price. If the only difference is the initial lumens, ill pay 1$ extra for 5,000 lumens any day of the week..

Questions I have:

Which one works best?
Does one burn cooler than the other?

Using air cooled hood with 1000w sun systems magnetic ballast.

I would steer away from Hortilux when asking "which is the best" Hortilux has a strong marketing campaign but that's about it. They greatly need to update their product line to the electronic / pulse rated lamps to compete with the new lamps coming out that produce a better spectrum. Your over paying for to fund the millions they spend on marketing. Their are plenty of other options when dealing with the "Blue" line just google full spectrum HID grow lamps.

I would steer away from Hortilux when asking "which is the best" Hortilux has a strong marketing campaign but that's about it. They greatly need to update their product line to the electronic / pulse rated lamps to compete with the new lamps coming out that produce a better spectrum. Your over paying for to fund the millions they spend on marketing. Their are plenty of other options when dealing with the "Blue" line just google full spectrum HID grow lamps.

Thanks for the response, yeah I figured hortilux was a bit like AN, more marketing than anything. The spectrums are pretty good tho, do ou have a bulb company you use that has a better spectrum?

Thanks for the response, yeah I figured hortilux was a bit like AN, more marketing than anything. The spectrums are pretty good tho, do ou have a bulb company you use that has a better spectrum?

I do but I don't want to sound like a salesman or a fan boy. Just know there are other companies making lights for cannabis growing and when you call Hortilux asking about medical growing or anything else related to weed they hang up on you (well they did to me).

Hint: I have posted in the past on this forum about a brand I love, not trying to make you search for it but I don't want to be posed as a hidden company or something weird. The brands that embrace our community are brands that are creating lights for us.

Hortilux manufactures their chemistry in house, this is why their spectrum is so unique. I've tried everything under the sun, and have found that Hortilux produces the best spectrum in the industry. There is no other brand that can compare. Check out their E-Start MH bulb it's rated for electronic ballasts, and is pulse start. Also note there is no other bulb on the market that can come close to the Blue spectrum, plasma is the only thing that can compare if your willing to spend a fortune and are willing to except a 400 watt. Happy growing!!!

Back
Top Bottom