Question...PIC

DUKE1985

Hey guys

I'm currently flowering at week 5 with bag seed under 400 watt hps. My question is if i should be trimming the leaves off the buds as a friend of mine suggested (he said it would allow the buds to grow bigger due to more room). What do you think?

ClipMar.JPG

Re: Question_PIC

I would leave well enough alone. Maybe try changing your fert. ratios a little. Alot of leafy growth is a sign your giving it more nitrogen then it needs. What are you using for ferts?

I've been using tiger bloom at 1/3 strength every other watering. I have some 6-9-0 bone meal I was considering adding. What do you think?

I would leave them unless they turn yellow, then get them out of the way for more sunlight... but otherwise cutting leaves is a no no

You can't do much with bone meal once you have already mixed your soil and the plant is growing in it. To add it as a fert. with water you need liquid bone meal.

In any case, if it is your only fert. I would step the Tiger Bloom up to 1/2 strength and let the leaves stay.

Rep. points welcomed.:cheesygrinsmiley:

^WAIT!...You cut you leaves off when you switch to flowering? not only is that pointless its the downright craziest thing ive ever heard. Its not helping your plant, afterall leaves are how the plant grows. So your ONLY hurting your plants man.

Alright guys I'll let the leaves be. I was just reading some articles on the flowering cycle and i came across this:

"It is interesting that the time of harvest controls the "high" of the buds. If harvested "early" with only a few of the pistils turned color, the buds will have a more pure THC content and will have less THC that has turned to CBD and CBN. The lessor psychoactive substances will create the bouquet of the pot, and control the amount of stoneyness and stupidness associated with the high. A pure THC content is very cerebral, while high THC, high CBD, CBN content will make the plants more of a stupid, or hazy buzz. Buds taken later, when fully ripened will normally have these higher CBN, CBD levels and may not be what you prefer once you try different samples picked at different times. Don not listen to the experts, decide yourself based on what you come to like yourself."

I am very interested in a more cerebral high and harvesting a little early if i can (Yield is not as important to me as as taste, smell, high)

My questions are:

A) How much longer do you think these guys need? (More pics if you need them)

B) I would like to sample from one..Where do I take the sample from?:Rasta:

only remove dying leaves. . . if you want to open more light to a bud and a fan is in the way. . . bend it out of the way, it will stay were you put it. . . for a few days and then it will stay out of the way. . . I know it sounds simple but works very well. . . and no cutting required. I believe what that article might be trying to talk about is your crystals. Looking under magnifaction, if you harvest while your crystals are milky in color, you'll have more of an energetic high. . . if you wait for them to turn amber in color, it'll be more dopey. . . I like a good mix. . . this is probaly the best way to determine when you should harvest. . . every plant is a little different and care for every plant varies too. . . so harvest can be 8 - 10 weeks. . . and sometimes longer. . . from what I can see in your pics, your probably just under half way there. . . :peace:

think of the leaves (especially the large fan leaves) as solar panels; they take the light input and send it where it needs to go. like bagzgroove said, tie 'em, bend 'em, just don't cut 'em unless they're dying. peace.

Back
Top Bottom