Question: Runny Product

TwitchVee

So here's my question - previously all of my pressed wax has come out tacky and crisp, or if not freezing it for a while had done the trick to reduce the temp of the product. But recently I finished a grow and ran aall 5 different strains and my wax came out runny every time- only this time, regardless of pressing temps, freezing it didn't change the viscosity of the wax. It was still runny even after 24 hours of freezing- too runny to even collect without a razorblade. Anybody know why this might be?

Only thing I can imagine also is to much moisture, but I would think it would freeze if it was in the freezer for 24 hours, have u ever tried making bubble hash then pressing that?

Hey TV
Thanks for the tag, Rexer. I think :D

pressed wax

I’m familiar with pressing flower for rosin. My ‘expertise’ might be over-egged.
(Is it rosin you are making? My apologies for my ignorance. I don’t live anywhere near a dispensary which would give me an idea what wax, budder, shatter... are like. Maybe not shatter - is that solventless?)
A runny rosin, in my limited experience, will sometimes thicken up if you ‘whip’ it then refrigerate overnight.
But you need to have collected it first...

It was still runny even after 24 hours of freezing- too runny to even collect without a razorblade

I lack the patience for all that fuss and bother. Anything that won’t just pull from the paper with a dab tool gets removed with a knife.
I put the papers to one side until I finish a press sesh then start collecting it immediately. Usually just at room temperature.
I put the paper down on a silicone mat and use a sharp knife cut-throat razor style just like how you probably do with an actual razor. That can be wiped off on a smaller silicone mat, pinched off the blade using same, or wiped straight into the silicone pot if it is very runny.
And I don’t use gloves because I don’t touch it! Damn it’s sticky.
All I can say is you’re on the right track (if it’s rosin you’re talking about). Keep pressing. Have a play.

Was any of that close?

Could be because of a higher terpene/moisture content, due to the relatively short drying/curing process.

Using well dried/cures material, pressing at low temperature, and whipping the rosin after press will in most cases give you a more solid and less sticky rosin that's easy to handle.

You can use your press to further process the rosin and mechanically seperate the terps from the THC-A :)

Back
Top Bottom