Question?

AmGrowR

Would it be realistic to think I could grow a plant to full maturity in just regular dug up soil from the ground. It's been growing in there for about two and a half weeks now and seems to be doing alright. There was not much growth and a lot of stretch the first 2 weeks because of my light but I tied it down twice and got a 250w cfl 3 days ago and there has been major improvement in a short period of time. Any input is greatly appreciated!.Thanx Everybody.

Re: Question??

DSC01827_picnik.jpg
I think i got the picture thing this time. This is day 1, 2, and 3 cfl growth.https://www.420magazine.com/gallery...20magazine.com/gallery/data/500/new_day_3.jpg

How many gallons is ur pot?? U plan to grow indoor or outdoor? I depends how long u veg, the length of flower time, and it depends upon the cannabis species (sativa, indica, ruderalis) or combination of species. I doubt that u will have high quality, top shelf bud, but u'll be smoking if u can walk the girls thru.

Thank you BWC. My pot is about a gallon. I'm growing indoors with( as of right now )a single 250 watt cfl bulb. I hope to get another soon. I hear the soft white are good for flowering( if I'm wrong please correct me ). It's been on a 12/12 schedule as of 2 days ago and the plant itself is about 2 1/2 weeks old. I'm not using any nutes right now(been thinking about getting some MG bloom booster. If anyone think this is something I should do please let me know) and I've just been watering with purified water every 3-5 days depending on soil dryness.

sounds like your off to a good start. warm white is better then soft white, but it still works. yeah its about time to stat giving some nutrients, make sure to start off slow so not to shock the plant.

Thank you BWC. My pot is about a gallon. I'm growing indoors with( as of right now )a single 250 watt cfl bulb. I hope to get another soon. I hear the soft white are good for flowering( if I'm wrong please correct me ). It's been on a 12/12 schedule as of 2 days ago and the plant itself is about 2 1/2 weeks old. I'm not using any nutes right now(been thinking about getting some MG bloom booster. If anyone think this is something I should do please let me know) and I've just been watering with purified water every 3-5 days depending on soil dryness.
I dunno much about CFLs. But I can say that u will want to transplant to a larger pot eventually unless u don't mind a stunted/small rootbound plant. I agree with hightide, ur gonna need nutes. I wouldn't suggest miracle grow unless its all u have access to. If u have access to a hydro store and on a budget check out Dyna Grow nutes (no mixing involved. just adjust PH and PPMs and affordable) or General Hydroponics. Best bang for ur buck IMO. When u begin to see roots growing from the bottom of the pot its getting close to time to transplant.

warm white is best for flowering as it has more red spectrum, soft white works good in veg. stage. NO MIRACLE GRO! find a 1 or 2 part formula, all local nurseries carry good organic nutes. transplant when you see good healthy roots showing at the drain holes of your pots. good luck!

Thank you everyone for all your input. I definitely will hold out on the MG and will start looking around for some other stuff. Anyone know of any good shops in the New England area? And as for the cfl's I've seen some pretty good results on some grow journals with them so I'll continue with those and keep my eye out for a warm white( preferably 250w )

Back
Top Bottom