Question

Leary

Hey
My plants have been budding for about 2 weeks now so I won't be harvesting for a pretty long time, but I was wondering when I DO harvest do you think I should like.. spray down the plants/buds or maybe put them in a tub of water to clean off dirt/debris(since it's an outdoorgrow)?

Um your not serious are you.. ok sorry, No do not spray your buds, nope. In fact do NOT spray, no. Not sure if you have smoked or not, most weed is grown outdoors, no they dont spray it.

But...doesn't it normally rain outdoors? If I guy sprayed off his plant and let it dry before harvesting what is the harm? I know the risk of mold...but under normal conditions with plenty of sunlight and fresh air, that risk should be minimal.

But...doesn't it normally rain outdoors? If I guy sprayed off his plant and let it dry before harvesting what is the harm? I know the risk of mold...but under normal conditions with plenty of sunlight and fresh air, that risk should be minimal.

If we hope like hell our big fat nugs dont get rained on why would we want to spray them? Too much of a spray could dislodge crystals.

Thank you all very much for the answers
and Growrilla chill out why would I be asking this question if I wasn't serious

Thank you all very much for the answers
and Growrilla chill out why would I be asking this question if I wasn't serious

Sorry i meant no offense. i would just hate to see you "wash away" all your hard work. Enjoy.......nothing but love from me bro. peace.:peace::peace::peace::yummy:

Hey Leary, not sure what part of the country you're in... But this is one of the most miss-informed subjects. You say, you're 2 weeks into flowering? It will do your girls no harm if they get wet this early in flowering. Just do it early in the morning before it gets to hot or early evening so your girls have a chance to dry prior to night fall. Shake off any excess water and you'll be fine.

As you stated, with plenty of sunlight and fresh air, no worries!

And, I'm not sure who made the comment about washing off the Trichomos, but that will not happen either. No disrespect intended, but that usually only happens when I'm making hash in sub cold icy conditions. Not outside when it's 80 - 90 degrees...

We spray our girls regularly for pests and debris and never had a problem. The only problem is having enough meds to vend and have enough for friends and family until the next harvest LoL :cool:

Of coarse if you were 2 weeks from harvest, you would not want them wet if you can help it. If by chance they do get wet by rain or sprinklers, just shake off the excess moisture.

Sorry i meant no offense. i would just hate to see you "wash away" all your hard work. Enjoy.......nothing but love from me bro. peace.:peace::peace::peace::yummy:

:peace: to you too friend
:ganjamon:

Hey Leary, not sure what part of the country you're in... But this is one of the most miss-informed subjects. You say, you're 2 weeks into flowering? It will do your girls no harm if they get wet this early in flowering. Just do it early in the morning before it gets to hot or early evening so your girls have a chance to dry prior to night fall. Shake off any excess water and you'll be fine.

As you stated, with plenty of sunlight and fresh air, no worries!

And, I'm not sure who made the comment about washing off the Trichomos, but that will not happen either. No disrespect intended, but that usually only happens when I'm making hash in sub cold icy conditions. Not outside when it's 80 - 90 degrees...

We spray our girls regularly for pests and debris and never had a problem. The only problem is having enough meds to vend and have enough for friends and family until the next harvest LoL :cool:

Of coarse if you were 2 weeks from harvest, you would not want them wet if you can help it. If by chance they do get wet by rain or sprinklers, just shake off the excess moisture.

awesome thank you very much

Looks like Leary asked specifically about spraying at harvest..sort of...clip, spray, hang...and that would be bad.

Some folks start the drying process before the plant is ever cut: The leaching of salts in the final weeks; some people will partially deprive the plants of water in the final days for various reasons, but if necessary, first mist-wash the outer surfaces being careful not to saturate the flowers - water can be physically drawn into toward the center of dense buds (between flower clusters, not into the plant itself) lending higher potential to mold in certain climates...and careful not to use strong jets of water toward the end of the cycle.

Tangent:
Jets... (MJ Botany: Clarke covers breeding for resin tenacity, which is likely a dominant trait these days, but keep in mind the heritage of indicas, strains with loose trichomes were artificially selected, so some lineages may still carry hashy genes.)

we love our plant

i agree bad idea to spray plants close to harvest. yes it can be done, too bad it cant be done in a setting where we could see how much trichs you are washing off. I dont have every grow book...but ive got a pile of them and no one seems to think adding watter to your buds at harvest time is a good idea. but to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom