Questions about an up coming grow...

LizardKing

Ok, here is the story, I am making a grow box, very small, maybe around 4 cubic feet inside (I will only be growing lowryder type strains). Anyways, I’m trying to figure out if I have enough lighting in there; here is the list of what I have for my lights so far.

9 -18inch florescent tubes
(6 Day Light) 15 watts each / 620 Lumes each
(3 Aquarium) 15 watts each / 510 Lumes each

12 -CFL
(6 soft white) 100 watts each / 1700 Lumes each
(6 day light) 75 watts each / 1150 Lumes each
If I did my entire math correct (Keep in mind, I suck at math...) that equals out to 4305 watts given out, and 61845 lumes, equaling to 15461.25 lumes per cubic foot... (Man my head hurts now, lol). I might also be getting a 50w HPS light too (not sure yet) But my question is would that be enough light to grow 5 or 6 lowryders?

Any advice would be a great help... :bongrip:

Also... if I can't get the HPS would it still be an OK grow (not expecting alot even with the HPS, so don't worry about tryign to break the news lowryders arent the best strain, lol)

The smallest HPS system I would ever buy for growing is a 250w. This is mainly because of the small area of light this covers in comparison with higher wattage system. I would not buy a 50w HPS because if a 250w has very little coverage a 50w would have virtually none.

You should do fine with the CFL's alone if you can make the inner walls of your cabinet reflective to maximize the use of your lights. Painting the walls white or lining them with Mylar will acheive better coverage a conserve wasted light.

Lol, Endo, love the blue prints... thanks man, lol.
RooRman I was thingking the same thing bout the HPS not being powerful enough, looks like I might just be growing floro for now, might get a 250w on my next grow. thanks for all the answers guys, cant wiat to get the gorw up and running.

all things in there own time (In other words, Just Wait) lol.

I will be, thats why its taking so long to get up and running, want to make sure I get right...

Back
Top Bottom