Questions about bud fattening, nitrogen in flowering & flushing: Photos

Nicotin

Hi guys,

This is my first grow. Given that I have no prior experience I have a few questions about the last part of this journey that I'd like some help with. This is my G-13 Haze from Barney's Farm, currently ending W5 of flowering according to my calculations. Sorry if this is too long.

1) The first day where I noticed that that the plant was flowering (big stretch and a lot of pre-flower acummulation) should be about the end of W1 right? This will help me know when the plant should be finishing up.

2) For W5 don't these buds look way too thin to you? I would expect something about double the width... or does that happen on the second half of flowering? I'm not sure is this is normal or I'm underfeeding. The last couple of weeks I've been watering with Biogrow/Biobloom/Topmax in a ratio of 2/2/1 mlxL. The standard dose.

3) Biobizz's nutrient schedule recommends increasing Biogrow (Nitrogen) uptake as flowering progresses... but the guy on the growshop said to almost cut giving N mid-flower, which is the opposite. What do you guys do regarding N feeding in flower? Maybe not increasing N uptake is why the flowers don't fatten up?

4) I'm planning to flush 10 days before harvest with 3x the size of the container with tap water. Do you guys worry about chlorine and water PH when you're flushing? I'm not sure if I'm gonna need a 100L container to let water stay still for a few days and to adjust PH with vinegar before flushing or if I could just use water straight from the tap. Tap water here has 9.0 PH.

Thanks!

4) I'm planning to flush 10 days before harvest with 3x the size of the container with tap water. Do you guys worry about chlorine and water PH when you're flushing? I'm not sure if I'm gonna need a 100L container to let water stay still for a few days and to adjust PH with vinegar before flushing or if I could just use water straight from the tap. Tap water here has 9.0 PH.
Anyone able to help me with the flushing questions?
if you are running a living organic soil, you should worry about the chlorine but other than that, most soil grows can handle tap water chlorine just fine. The only reason to adjust pH is so that nutes are within the pH range that they need so that the nutes will be mobile in the soil and able to be used by the plant. If you are not going to apply any more nutes, adjusting pH into the nute range seems to be not needed. Normally I would say that tap water would be just fine to use as the final flush, without any adjustment, but your water at pH of 9 is crazy. What is in there to put up so high, and why would anyone drink it?
Also, just so you know... most communities no longer use regular chlorine that evaporates if you let the water stand for a day or so... they use chloramine, which is stable and does not evaporate or settle out. To remove it you must filter or use chemicals to drop it out of the solution.

Really nice looking plant there, well done to this point.

I'd say those buds or that one you showed is right where it should be for week five. Very nice stacking and structure to that. I'd hope you have a cut or two.

I wouldn't worry. Soon those buds will fill in and pack on the weight. Just keep doing what yer doing. :adore:

Back
Top Bottom