Questions about switching nutrient lineup. need help

OBrien

Hello all, Feelin good over here, how about you?
Anyways lets cut straight to the point... im seriously considering switching my nutrient lineup. I am still new to growing and need advice on the best course of action to take. I have 2 grows under my belt at this point, all of which I used Advanced Nutrients: Micro, Grow, Bloom, B52, Nirvana, Bud Candy, and flawless finish.. I also use hydroguard and plan to keep using utilizing this if I can. The problem is that I feel like im paying a high price for watered down nutrients and im thinking about switching it up. Ive been doing a little reading about MegaCrop and it has peaked my interest enough that im willing to give it a go... Ive also heard good things about Jack's nutrient as well and that is why i am here my friends. I need some expert advice on how to move forward and which nutrient lineup is the best but im mainly focused on MC... All i really know is that its a 1 line up nutrient. lol Other then that, all i have seen is what this nutrient is producing for others. So basically im very curious as to how i can get by using only 1 nutrient the entire grow? If some one could explain how this works for me that would be awesome... also I grow in Deep Water Culture, is this nutrient suitable for DWC or will i run into problems?.. Is there any other nutrients I could run alongside the MC to make for bigger yields? (kinda like bud candy or b52) .. im ready to make the purchase on this nutrient but im hoping some one can just give me a complete run down of everything I will need to have/know to have successful runs with DWC.
Thank you everyone for reading this, and im looking forward to your responses and learning some growing techniques.

I'm a Mega Crop user but in a peat based soil-less mix. You won't be sorry making the change. You'll save a boatload of cash dropping AN. I've never used Jack's, but I don't believe it is as complete as Mega Crop, containing all the micro and macro nutrients. I also prefer the N-P-K ratios of Mega better.

So how does one formula cover through the whole grow you ask? First, consider a plant growing outside in the ground , au natural. When the plant goes to bloom, does mother nature swoop in and sprinkle extra PK booster on the soil? No, natural soil provides the same mixture of nutrients over the plants whole life. Then you can look at tissue samples from cannabis in both bloom and veg stages. There is an increase in demand for all the macro nutrients, in pretty much the same ratio they were in veg. You'll see statements about how plants don't need any N in bloom, or need lots of P. Those types of claims are completely false. There's years worth of myths floating around that need dispelled. It seems like only in the last couple years are people catching on. The concept of needing two different foods is a great gimick perpetuated by fertilizer companies to separate you from your money.

As far as needing supplements, no you don't need anything else. If your base fertilizer is a true complete 1 part, which Mega is, you need nothing more. Some of the less scrupulous nute companies don't put everything in one bottle only so they can sell you what you're missing in another. The makers of Mega Crop also make a few supplements. They tweaked the Mega Crop formula a year or so ago and actually included them in the bags of Mega Crop you'd buy now. There is no longer any need for them. They still make them for 1) people running other, non-complete fertilizers, and 2) people that absolutely think and insist on adding more crap just because they were used to using 7 or more bottles of their old nutes.

I'm a Mega Crop user but in a peat based soil-less mix. You won't be sorry making the change. You'll save a boatload of cash dropping AN. I've never used Jack's, but I don't believe it is as complete as Mega Crop, containing all the micro and macro nutrients. I also prefer the N-P-K ratios of Mega better.

So how does one formula cover through the whole grow you ask? First, consider a plant growing outside in the ground , au natural. When the plant goes to bloom, does mother nature swoop in and sprinkle extra PK booster on the soil? No, natural soil provides the same mixture of nutrients over the plants whole life. Then you can look at tissue samples from cannabis in both bloom and veg stages. There is an increase in demand for all the macro nutrients, in pretty much the same ratio they were in veg. You'll see statements about how plants don't need any N in bloom, or need lots of P. Those types of claims are completely false. There's years worth of myths floating around that need dispelled. It seems like only in the last couple years are people catching on. The concept of needing two different foods is a great gimick perpetuated by fertilizer companies to separate you from your money.

As far as needing supplements, no you don't need anything else. If your base fertilizer is a true complete 1 part, which Mega is, you need nothing more. Some of the less scrupulous nute companies don't put everything in one bottle only so they can sell you what you're missing in another. The makers of Mega Crop also make a few supplements. They tweaked the Mega Crop formula a year or so ago and actually included them in the bags of Mega Crop you'd buy now. There is no longer any need for them. They still make them for 1) people running other, non-complete fertilizers, and 2) people that absolutely think and insist on adding more crap just because they were used to using 7 or more bottles of their old nutes.
Beautiful response, and you captured my thoughts exactly.. dont get me wrong, I get pretty amazzing yields(to me lol) using AN.. but your 100% correct. its a damn money scam, SO MANY TIMES ive sat there reading the backs of the bottles thinking to myself... "wow, they couldve done away with 4 of these and just put the essential ones in one bottle.. no joke man lol it has to be intentional that they leave out atleast one KEY nutrient that youll need for that feed which requires you to go sift there hundred products to find the one that has that ONE nutrient in it your actually looking for. lmao

Now lets put all the bashing aside, i need the deets... How will this nutrient effect my yields? ... what are your yields like? Is it possible to get a nutrient toxicity from this? ( i thought i read on their site it said you couldnt burn your plants, and i dont believe that) ... How well does this nutrient work for hydro? i know you said you dont grow dwc but i thought maybe you know some people on here that have used it in hydro?
Sorry for all the questions my man im just trying to learn as much as possible, and thank you for the very fast response!

My yields have never been better. First grow I switched I got over 28oz off 3 autos crammed into a 32"x32" tent with the biggest being 12oz.

Yes you CAN burn your plants. Mega Crop uses primarily Nitrate Nitrogen. I've noticed you can run higher ppm's N with it than you can with fertilizers that have more Amonical Nitrogen or Urea, so it's a little less likely as long as you are within sane peramiters.

Now a caveat, I do supplement Silica because I think it helps with stem strength and heat stress. Mega Crop had only trace amounts of Silica in it. I also add a bit of Cal-Mag then to balance things out with the additional K from the Silica. This is not mandatory. As a matter of fact, I would advise against the Silica additive in hydro since it's very alkaline and drives the pH up, and you'll most likely be needing to adjust downward using only Mega.

There is a Mega Crop thread you can look at. There's growers using just about every style, soil, soil-less, hempy, DWC, etc. In DWC you may need to add a punch of Cal-Mag from the reports of growers using that method.

The current grow with about a month to go.

Ok so while browsing around I came across another nutrient line called “veg and bloom RO water”!’ Does anyone h”ve any experience with these guys? Thsbks

Back
Top Bottom