420 Magazine Background

Questions for experienced growers

THC~Kyle~THC

I'm doing my first grow op, and was wondering if i'm using CFLs how do i get the plant to start flowering(cannot afford fancy lights), also what light cycle should i use 12/12??? And what Fertaliezer works good. Help is appreciated.

P.S. What is the SeaTea stuff hat Moose swears by?

Racefan

You get the plant to start flowering by changing the light schedual to a flowering schedual which is 12 hours on 12 hours off. A vegetive schedual is usually 18 hours on and 6 hours off or 20 hours on and 4 hours off <--my favorite for floros) and some even use a 24 hours on 0 hours off schedual. It depends on your style. I personally believe plants should have a small dark cycle. Every living thing likes a little down time and plants are no different. A good veg fert is high in nitrogen and lower in Phosphorus and potash. IE...9-4-4 although I've used miracle grow and peters and schultz with a 20-20-20 NPK ratio. Which ever you do use weaken the solution and use it at 1/4 strength to start with. You can always add more nutrient. It's hard to remove the excess though. You might want to consider a 1 part nutrient like Pure Blend Pro grow for veg and Pure Blend Pro Bloom for flower.

Last edited:
Top Bottom