Questions on 600w hps and what type of bulb to use.

MysticMars88

Hello fellow growers!!!;) I've been thinking about purchasing a 600 w hps digital ballast and a good spectrum bulb. I really don't want the cheap offer that the hydro stores are trying to sell me. Would just like some more info On what brand bulb to get? I want a bulb that gonna supply a nice spectrum for my plant. If any of u have the answers please holler. Im gonna be throwing in 2 led triband grow lights for some extra spectrum. Also what's the difference in cost between a 400w and 600w?:peace:

I got a lumatek digital 600w and love it, I can run HPS, or MH, and either 360,400, or 600w I bought it and ordered the lumatek high par bulb with it, Honestly couldnt tell you if the bulb is any betteror not than other brands, Bot my lights work, and Produce simalar results. The lumatek just does it using the power more efficiently, and cheaper on the power bill every month than my magnetic ballast is.

Also what's the difference in cost between a 400w and 600w?:peace:

Per month? Approximately (depending on any differences in ballast-losses) 50% more for the same amount of hours to run a 600-watt than a 400-watt. So if you run your vegetative phase at 18/6 with a 400-watt and flower with a 600-watt, the electrical usage will be about the same.

But it assumes that you have a constant electrical rate. If you live in one of the "tiered" areas where if you consume more electricity you'll be charged a higher rate then it'll cost more than just going by the numbers show.

Due to the higher efficiency of a 600-watt setup vs. a 400-watt one, you'd be getting more light per watt with the 600.

I bought it and ordered the lumatek high par bulb with it, Honestly couldnt tell you if the bulb is any betteror not than other brands, Bot my lights work, and Produce simalar results. The lumatek just does it using the power more efficiently, and cheaper on the power bill every month than my magnetic ballast is.

Have you used it side-by-side with another bulb of the same wattage, by chance? If so, did you observe that the internodal spacing was any tighter with the Lumatek bulb?

Have you used it side-by-side with another bulb of the same wattage, by chance? If so, did you observe that the internodal spacing was any tighter with the Lumatek bulb?
Yes, They run side by side constantly, But node spacing and everything is equal, I really dont see any difference between bulbs, The high par bulb plants look the same as the hortilux bulb plants.

Back
Top Bottom