Quick cloning help please.

shaqfu

Hi all,

Been using Slowhand's Oasis Cubes in Soil, Cloning Method, 8 days in now, leave tips are gradually turning yellow at the tips, and looked wilted, however I checked the stem tip this morning and it looks quite brown and squidgy, is this normal?!
Humidity is good at between 80-90%, temp was a little high to begin with at 38C, so I turned off the heated bottom of the propagator I am using about 2days ago, so temps are now 26-28c and have 1 125w about 1foot and half away.

Do you think they are viable, or is it worth trying another few with the heatpad switched off from the start?

any help appreciated, thanks
Shaq.

Just to add: I used a rooting gel, 6 hours dark, then 18/6, irragated the pot at day 1 and again on day 5 , humidity dome lifted twice a day and misted when needed,
have not misted the clones at all.

Well I tried again, this time with the heat mat turned off and used a scalpel blade instead of scissors, and it's been 8 days now and a couple have perked up leaves and are looking quite good, so I hope ...

They could pull through, but they might not make it. Its tricky with clones, sometimes it seems like they take almost forever to take root. Ive seen clones take as many as 14 days before they took root and starting growing healthy.

They could pull through, but they might not make it. Its tricky with clones, sometimes it seems like they take almost forever to take root. Ive seen clones take as many as 14 days before they took root and starting growing healthy.

Cheers for the reply :)

Well one out of the five of the new batch has very much pointing leaves upwards, the others seem to be lagging behind a bit, not wilting though to much with the dome off for longer and longer each time, guess I'll have to wait and see:smokin:

Ta,
Shaq

Back
Top Bottom