Quick curing question

It's a gradual process brother. I go from a few times a day, to once a day, too once every other day, to once a week. Of course I cure some sticky shit so I have to burp more. Pay close attention to your number's and your bud. You can even taste a lil now to see where you're at too. Then go from there. Depends on what your want and what your plant wants.

Sent from my SM-N900T using 420

Once it's in the RH range you have now I don't worry much about 'burping' the jars every day- it's more of a natural process. I believe the jar opening routine is mostly (all?) just a drying process- but I'm not sure about that since nobody seems to know for sure. Some people seem to think there is some sort of 'off-gassing' process that takes place, and they could be right.
What happens with me is I am in there fairly often admiring the buds and sampling things- so they naturally get opened at least once in an average week and often more. How quickly they dry from that will depend on your local humidity. Mine is such that at this time of year I could leave the jar open 24/7 and the RH in the jar would still be around 60.
I prefer 58-60 RH for smoking. Six weeks is about the minimum cure i give them before I would consider giving some to a friend or anything like that. Three months is what I would call a decent cure. It continues to get better after that as some of the nice flavors you smelt while it was growing continue to come out in the bud.
At two weeks it often hasn't fully stabilized and evened out it's moisture content and I've been fooled by buds that I thought were dry but turned out to be too moist in the middle - and ended up with a little mold. That was years ago and before I started putting hygrometers in each jar. Now I definitely don't even begin to consider it a finished product till it's cured about six weeks.

Back
Top Bottom