Quick dry

IMtoken

ahhhhhhhhhh got no weed apart from whats in the grow room which is about 2 weeks off .... whats a gd way of drying a couple of lower nugs quickly..

Re: quick dry....

yu kno i hear of all kinds of ways to dry bud...
but to get tha bud at itz most best potential yu have to be patient and cure it tha rite way.....

I have used my oven with the door ajar - have your temp below 100C. I have also used the microwave, but arcing can be a problem, and the buds are harsh to smoke, so I prefer the oven.
i tryed the oven and it was not to bad little harsh but ok :grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint: a reall head high is that because of the early cut..... :smokin::smokin:

Cutting small buds and leaving them to air dry is the best method I have found for respective "test" cuts. :cheesygrinsmiley: Although this method could take a few days it is then at least a fair guess at how the final product might taste.

Hello all, this is my first time posting here at 420. I usually just do a lot of reading and learning, but I want to share this quick dry method I found on the net. I have used the oven various times and it just sucks but it worked for me. I just knew there had to be a better way and I found it today, check this out;

Dankmaster's Microwave Steam Method

"A vast improvement in quick dry technology. It does a satisfactory job fairly quickly. Trichomes don't burst and flavor while not great isn't awful anymore -- which is all I can say for any of the previously mentioned methods. What the method does is use steam to dry out the weed.

Necessary items

*Tupperware container with lid.

*Buds fresh off the plant (cut into small pieces, don't shred them — cut into nice little chunks).

*3-paper towels.

*Microwave with power setting options.

*Water.

First, take 1/4 piece of a paper towel and lay it on the bottom of the Tupperware container. Then put your cut up weed on the paper towel. Next, take two paper towels, fold them several times and get them wet. Wring out most of the water. You want the paper towels wet but not dripping. Now, you lay the paper towels over the top of the Tupperware making sure that you completely and evenly cover the top. Then take the lid and squeeze it almost all the way on. When I say almost I mean to get all sides and corners on tight except for one corner to allow the steam to exit. Now your ready to put your steam dryer in the microwave.

Set the microwave power to 40 or 50 %. I recommend 40% -- I tried it on full power the first few times and it didn't work nearly as well. Now set it for a minute and let it go. Take it out and let the steam evaporate out and let sit for 15-20 seconds. If the bottom paper towel (the one that the buds are on) is wet change it. If the two paper towels you were using are dry make sure to re-wet and wring out and put back over top and put lid on in same way.

Now microwave at 40-50% for another minute and repeat process for typically 3-5 minutes. This is the best method if you need the herb in less than 20 minutes"(MedMan, 2010, para. 5).

I even pulled out my active eye to check the tris and was very happy to see they didn't burst or burn up. The taste isn't the best, but better than any other method of "quick drying" I have tried. The best part is, the high is very good for where my ladies are at, three weeks to harvest.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom