Quick fix

Freak Brothers

I noticed that my heat mat has broken,,already ordered one to replace, its not needed during the day my small grow tent sits at 75-80f only the lights r used for heat,the heat mat was only needed for night and only for the past couple of weeks as temp is dropping, so as a temp fix I wrapped pots in pillow case's I'm hoping it'll be delivered soon but does anyone know if I've done the right thing ,I know cannabis can survive the odd cold night ,,just gotta pray to the green gods I get my matt in time,if I was in veg stage I wouldn't be worried about it, but flowering stage started 2weeks ago

Hi Freak brothers.... I wouldn't worry about them getting too cold cannabis can handle a lot of cold. I have been growing in DWC system in a tent in an unheated shed with temps going down to 42f at night and only up to 65f during the day and the plants are doing fine, Here is a picture to show you I'm not shittin you lol ... I think you will be fine till you get your heat mat or if you decide not to use one. ;)
20201025_125029.jpg

I was wondering just how cold it got in his house, lol. But if he's far enough to the North, it could get pretty cool, especially if the tent is in an unheated barn or something. Might get down to 17°F tonight in Utqiagvik, AK.

Hey, OP, you can get some rigid foamboard insulation and attach it to the outer walls and ceiling of your tent, then adjust your exhaust fan timer to shut off a little early so that it gets warmer than usual before the lights go off. You'll still have some heat escape, but it'll happen a lot slower. Be a good idea to stick a layer under your tent, too if the floor is a thermal mass (concrete slab or something). Also, just having the air get cool won't instantly cause issues regardless of the temperature. Your plant has to get cool. If they're in decent-sized containers and the media isn't bone dry, that'll mean it'll take longer than if they're growing in Dixie cups (so to speak) and you haven't watered them recently. Covering the plants might help protect them against a light frost (but I doubt that's a major concern indoors), but... unlike people, plants don't exactly make their own heat, and they don't mass 150+ pounds. So there's not going to be much heat to keep in, and once they lose that the blanket/etc. won't do anything (AfaIK). Better to try insulating the grow space than the plants, IMHO.

There's always the large jugs of hot water idea. Stick something that has some mass and is hot in there.

Thanks for the info guys, certainly feel better about the situation , I live in Scotland an it can get cold especially in next few weeks, live in block of flats on top floor so not sure if it warmer 3 floors up lol my micro grow tent is sitting on carpeted floor with extra layers of insulation :theband:

This is a good news bad news sitch,,the good news my heat matt arrived :goof: and now the bad ,,,mites was not expecting that since I'm 3 floors up an theres very little insect,bugs ,spiders,etc so if its mites wots best an cheapest way to rid

I thought super lemon haze is a sativa dominant hybrid?... Chemdawg is a nice indica leaning hybrid ... So with the sativa leaning plants heat may end up being needed after all, with the pests you can use diluted ultra dawn dish soap works good just make sure its really diluted like 1/2 tsp to gallon and spray infested plant for the next few days. :)

Yep thats wot I thought they r indicas and has a nice citric smell,,maybe one parent is lemon while other has many possible strains of indicas ,,never bought them got them from a dealer who has normally been reliable,, anyway great idea with tiny soluble soap will make some up for morning feed

Attachments

• 20201021_145407.jpg
    20201021_145407.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 32
I had an aphid infestation last year got rid of them all with the soap just make sure its diluted I almost killed my plant when I put too much soap in lol...... Also by looking at the pic you might want to up size your pots those little ones will cause roots to become bound and then you will have issue with it growing bigger. :)

If you're getting your seeds from your cannabis dealer, they're probably from unintended pollination events. Which makes them {bud the seeds came out of strain} x {who knows what supplied the pollen}.

By the way, when you manage to kill the little nasties on your plants, you should probably stick them in the grow space and leave them there. Carrying them around and setting them on dirty(+/-) carpet is begging for other critters to hop onboard.

Dish Soap On Plants​

What happens when you spray diluted dish soap on plants? Remember dish soap is a detergent that is excellent at removing oil, grease, and wax. When you spray it on your plants, it removes the natural oils and waxes that all plants have on their leaves. These oils and waxes serve to protect the leaves.

When the protective coating is removed from the leaves, it makes it easier for pathogens to get a foothold and infect the plants.

Spraying your plants with dish soap removes their natural defences against pests and diseases. You are setting the stage for your plants to get sick, and maybe die.

Not potting up deliberately, this was them 2 weeks ago had them out to get rid of a hermie ,one of the smaller ones,been checking em over on macro zoom on phone but I can't find em

Back
Top Bottom