Quick flowering question

Deketx

Hey all, I'm in my 2nd week of flowering, give or take a few days. So far so good, fingers crossed. But I've got some yellowing toward the bottom fan leaves on one plant , I'm aware that plants can and will do this during flowering, but this seems early and the yellowing has progressed fairly quickly this past week.
It's water only soil, and this particular plant is in a smaller container, ran out of 5gal bags, and she ended up being the biggest of course, lol. In y'all's opinions does this look normal, and dont sweat it, or does she need some bloom nutes. @Emilya you suggested using recharge, and it's on the way(Amazon screwed my order up or it would be here) , will that solve this situation? If it is something that needs solving and it isn't just natural progression?
Thanks everyone, I learn something new here everyday, I can definitely attribute the success so far to great advice I've received. All opinions welcome
20191008_031234.jpg
20191008_031302.jpg
20191008_031339.jpg
20191008_031249.jpg
20191008_031326.jpg

First thing I would do would be to add a gram of Epsom salt per gallon of water. But that's what I'd do. Doesn't mean it'll help your plant.

I suspect she is a little rootbound.... what does your watering cycle look like? I have also learned that my plants get a bit of a potassium deficiency towards late veg, and a bit of banana peel juice can fill in the gap between what is available in the soil and what the plants are needing. Recharge will definitely help... hope it comes soon.

@Emilya thanks. Of course the largest plant ended up in the 2gal pot. As far as watering I'm watering every 2.5-3 days depending on my schedule. The pots are light when I pick them up. I looked this morning and the yellowing is on the main fan leaves progressing from the bottom up on set 4 now.
Recharge will be here Thursday, I'll look up the banana peel juice? Also should I try the egg shell rescipe you have as well? Thanks again!

You should of course make the egg shell calmagphos+ supplement just to have it on hand when you need it, but I don't think that is what is happening here, a mag deficiency that is.
I am convinced she is a bit rootbound too and could use larger shoes. That to me looks to be part of the complaining that is going on, but the progression up the trunk says it is a bit more.
Don't overlook potassium... it is needed by the plant all through the growth cycle in fairly large amounts. I was having a bit of yellowing too, from mid veg on... and a bit of Terpinator seems to have stopped it cold. I am making it a regular part of my arsenal to give extra supplements near the close of veg and especially during stretch, to supply what is needed to the rapidly growing plant. A little @AngryBird told me about banana peel juice one day and I began to understand why my own natural supplements (dandelion extract) provided such a boost during this same time period.

I'm guessing I shouldn't replant her this far into flowering? Ill try to find your banana recipe. Will that do what the Terpinator you mentioned does? I'm trying not to keep spending more money right now. I just wrote a vehicle sized check to go back to school, second career time. So it's a Ramen diet again, lol! This time next year things will be back to normal. Thanks for the help!

@Emilya could you show me a link to your banana recipe? I used the search function and all kinds of stuff comes up with a lot of different information from many people and threads. Thanks

yes, the banana juice will work, but you needed it yesterday. Please hurry, and yes, it is very similar to Terpinator. If you have another container handy I would transplant even though we are now into flower.... the roots never stop growing, and if they are bound up it is going to cause trouble from here on out... might as well eliminate one problem while you still can.

I really don't have a recipe... this is all new information. I just threw 3 peels in a quart jar of water and let them start fermenting. Another member recently wrote that she boils the peels into a soup that can be added fairly rapidly to the soil... I think I would try that. Boil 3 or 4 peels, filter and apply with your next watering at a couple of tbs/gal and see if it changes things.

Im getting the water on the stove now! On the amount, a couple tablespoons is enough? I saw some people even say go 3 to 1 water to banana juice, that sounds high to me.
I just checked on the plants, I added a second light for flowering last night, things are much clearer, and I can see the yellowing has definitely affected the main fans up to the 4th main set and starting on the 5th.
On a good note, adding that light has allowed me to open up the grow area, and now the light penetration is outstanding!!

on the amount, you have to start somewhere and it has been my experience in making natural fertilizers that a 1 tbls / gallon rate is usually enough to see the effect... but in an emergency situation where you need to catch up a bit, I would think a couple of more tablespoons would be appropriate. Always remember Mulder though, and try to keep things balanced as well as you can.... as they say oftentimes around here, less is more.

I think you are right about less is more. I'll try 2 tablespoons when I water tomorrow, or should I just go ahead and water today?
I wasn't kidding about pot on the stove, lol.
Thanks again!

20191008_131611.jpg

I think you are right about less is more. I'll try 2 tablespoons when I water tomorrow, or should I just go ahead and water today?
I wasn't kidding about pot on the stove, lol.
Thanks again!

20191008_131611.jpg
good job! I always try to treat the biggest problem, first. I would water early just this time, just to get that (what we believe to be missing) potassium in there, fast. Boil those down until most of it has rendered into the fluid. I imagine it will end up being a dark sticky mess of good stuff.

People foliar feed potassium nitrate to fruit trees and such when there's a need and the soil is already pretty wet, heavy clay, etc. I don't know if that's an option with "a dark sticky mess," though.

Its not quite sticky, but it's dark. I used 1 quart/4cups and reduced it to one cup of dark liquid. Smelled good boiling it, lol. I'm going to let it cool and then water.

20191008_142637.jpg

@Emilya ,help, I just looked in on the plants and noticed this on the far side of the one having the issue. Brown spots and more discoloring. Also, looking at the other plant that is the same strain, even though they don't look identical structure wise, the plant that has an issue is more of a lighter green color than the other plant.

20191009_020153.jpg
20191009_014352.jpg
20191009_013348.jpg
20191009_013257.jpg
20191009_013128.jpg
20191009_013109.jpg

same issue... it is just getting worse. Keep with the plan.
Will do. And again, you suggest transplanting up to a 5gal like my other plants? Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom