Quick lighting question

Ravenous

420 Member
I posted before I have a 600 watt Philzon led in a 3x3x6 tent and I’m just going into flower....
I know the light is a bit lacking and I have a friend willing to give me a 1000w no name led grow light ... will adding the extra light be to much and shock the plants ?
Not sure if that’s possible but I know I need more light

Or do I just use the 1000w only
Or do I use both

Thanks friends

Welcome to 420,Ravenous:welcome:

I'd hang them both,use the 1000 for about a month,then turn the 600 on and use them both till the plants are "done"-they can use a lot of light later on in flower.
That's what I'd do,anyway...

if you ever get a chance plug them into a kilowatt meter. I borrowed 1 a few weeks ago and tested my LED lights. They claim a thousand Watts but each one had 400 actual watts from the wall. The wattage from the wall will actually tell you quite a bit

Yeah,my thousand watt led is actually 200w from the wall-about right for my 2x2 box,but not enough for anything bigger...

I did two grows in a 4 by 4 tent with four plants each time with just one thousand watt LED that pulled 400 actual watts and I was happy with the outcome both times. But my third grow I purchased the same light again and now I have two of them in a 5 by 5 area. I'm hoping for a bigger yield

totally my 600 watt is only 110 watts roughly from the wall .,,,,,i imagine the 1000 watt will be maybe 180-200 watt draw ..... i wont/ cant over do the light or shock my plants by over doubling the light 1 week into flower correct?
i dont think its too much light for the area just want the professionals opinion
and i dont want my veg and LST to go to waste with insufficient light

It probably wouldn't hurt anything-your plants will let you know if they don't like it.
I was just saying how I'd do it.

I posted before I have a 600 watt Philzon led in a 3x3x6 tent and I’m just going into flower....
I know the light is a bit lacking and I have a friend willing to give me a 1000w no name led grow light ... will adding the extra light be to much and shock the plants ?
Not sure if that’s possible but I know I need more light

Or do I just use the 1000w only
Or do I use both

Thanks friends
If the sun is ok then any leds are ok.

can't buy the bulbs here anymore. single ended hps and mh are non-existent in the stores here. shops quit carrying them, they can't give them away. double ended gavita type are still available and cmh is everywhere still. the hydro shops have just about quit carrying lighting as the new tech has completely wiped it out.

for a noob so far with my 600 watt led up till this point i was super happy with my growth my 3 plants seems to be doing amazing did not seem to be stretching and was seeing noticable growth everyday.... i cant imagine what kind of growth i should expect now that i added the extra 1000watt led
i can barely look inside the tent its soo bright now and the new light seems to be a different color not as "burple"
really hoping to get some nice smoke as i took a hiatus from marijuana while the things have been growing
but i might have broken the rules today

Happy 420 all and thanks again for the infos

I grow with a non blurple light-they are definitely super bright-it's hard to imagine a plant not growing well under that much light-mine's a cheapie, but I'm happy with it-it does what it's supposed to,and that's good enough for me...
I actually have a pair of sunglasses by my grow box that I use if I'm looking in there for very long.
Have a great 4/20!

I only use at the most 440 watts in the same tent with a PAR of over 1000 at the top of the plants. 4 COB system. In the winter a 325 CMH works great but lower PAR readings.

Back
Top Bottom