Quick lighting question

This is a pretty good Read right here. So I recommended the Mars ts-1000 because you are in a 2.5x2.5ft tent and the mars veg foot print covers 3x3ft area so you are more then covered and if you decide to flower it’s bloom footprint is 2.5x2.5ft... perfect. It says 150watts but this is dimmable and I believe if turned to 100% it actually draws 185watts... either way the dimming capabilities of this light will be of huge help to you as your plants grow you can increase wattage... I believe you’ll see the results for yourself when you put it into action, that’s the perfect light for your size tent and with what you plan to do. Glad I could help ya out buddy!

his is a pretty good Read right here. So I recommended the Mars ts-1000 because you are in a 2.5x2.5ft tent and the mars veg foot print covers 3x3ft area so you are more then covered and if you decide to flower it’s bloom footprint is 2.5x2.5ft... perfect. It says 150watts but this is dimmable and I believe if turned to 100% it actually draws 185watts... either way the dimming capabilities of this light will be of huge help to you as your plants grow you can increase wattage... I believe you’ll see the results for yourself when you put it into action, that’s the perfect light for your size tent and with what you plan to do. Glad I could help ya out buddy!

Thanks man!! I’ll definitely be checking out the article in a bit. And it seems like it will be a great light for what I’m doing with that tent. I like having the option to flower even though I’m mainly planning on it being a veg tent.

Thanks man, I really appreciate everyone’s help with all this. This forum rocks! I was thinking of taking a small heating pad I have and capping off a gallon of water and heating it up in the tent for some ambient heat.

I don't think you will see any real benefit from tying that. A waste of wattage, IMO.

Compared to that, you could grab a small 200w heater and a temp controller off of amazon. I just did this, and it was $40 for both.

A BN-Link Heatmat thermostat (can handle a max of 15A/1875w) for $19, and a Lasko 101 200w Personal Heater for $20.

The controller is because the heater doesn't have one, and is either on or off. Since it's on/off with a switch the controller will work great.

I already have a heat mat controller, but it gets used for seeds/seedlings/clones/etc so I picked up another one. The heater is great because it's only 200 watts, unlike the 500/750/1500 watt ones. For small spaces, even a 5x5 tent, this little heater will be just right. I might have to run it 20% longer, but that's just fine for the wattage savings.

don't think you will see any real benefit from tying that. A waste of wattage, IMO.

Compared to that, you could grab a small 200w heater and a temp controller off of amazon. I just did this, and it was $40 for both.

A BN-Link Heatmat thermostat (can handle a max of 15A/1875w) for $19, and a Lasko 101 200w Personal Heater for $20.

The controller is because the heater doesn't have one, and is either on or off. Since it's on/off with a switch the controller will work great.

I already have a heat mat controller, but it gets used for seeds/seedlings/clones/etc so I picked up another one. The heater is great because it's only 200 watts, unlike the 500/750/1500 watt ones. For small spaces, even a 5x5 tent, this little heater will be just right. I might have to run it 20% longer, but that's just fine for the wattage savings

Thanks for the tips man! Actually since getting my third light for my flower tent the general temps for the room have improved.The bedroom I have my tents set up in in my house is probably as big as a large-ish bathroom. It doesn’t take much to heat. So between the tent acting as a source of heat and the heater itself it’s been about 73 or so in the room when all lights are on (about 77 in my flower tent) and about 66 or so with lights off cause it hasn’t been as cold where I’m at in general lately. It’s been a plus! Lol

Hi Moonchild90, for your space 3x3, with current light setting, you have 270w, which give you 30w/sft. But normally if you want to grow great, you will need around 45~50w/sft for traditional blurple led grow light. Which is around 135w~180w light for compensation. For the TS 1000 you mentioned, they are 140~150w. But in fact, the new technology makes it can replace at least 200w traditional led grow light, so you can feel free to add one of it in, you will get great result with the TS 1000 in. :high-five:

i Moonchild90, for your space 3x3, with current light setting, you have 270w, which give you 30w/sft. But normally if you want to grow great, you will need around 45~50w/sft for traditional blurple led grow light. Which is around 135w~180w light for compensation. For the TS 1000 you mentioned, they are 140~150w. But in fact, the new technology makes it can replace at least 200w traditional led grow light, so you can feel free to add one of it in, you will get great result with the TS 1000 in. :high-five:

Hey SmokeSara!! Thank you for the info! I currently have the TS-1000 I purchased in my veg/baby tent and they all seem to be loving it! I’m excited to test out all this light has to offer.

Right on, and it will definitely do it. I have the same model as you and I use it to reverse sex on my prized females to preserve the genetics in feminized form. I’m currently in the process now with a white cookie plant, and it’s working great for me too.

Right on, and it will definitely do it. I have the same model as you and I use it to reverse sex on my prized females to preserve the genetics in feminized form. I’m currently in the process now with a white cookie plant, and it’s working great for me too.

Dude that’s so awesome! One day, after I figure out what I’m even doing, I would love to get in to stuff like that.

Dude that’s so awesome! One day, after I figure out what I’m even doing, I would love to get in to stuff like that.
I’m sure you’ll get there if you want to, it’s not difficult.

Hey SmokeSara!! Thank you for the info! I currently have the TS-1000 I purchased in my veg/baby tent and they all seem to be loving it! I’m excited to test out all this light has to offer.
That's great to know. :D I hope you get really nice yields with our lights. :D

Back
Top Bottom