Quick Question Needs Answering

j.rebel

hey folks just got a quick question about trimming, i have 3 400 watt hps lights over 45 healthy females, im doing a hempy style grow using 2l pop bottles. the area i have is narrow so im trying to find a way to trim them so they just focus more on a big bud shaft rather then branching :s.. any help would be great thanks :) p.s. im using GH nutes grow,micro,bloom.

If you want to focus on the top then I would trim the lower half the plant leaving nothing but the stalk as in SOG growing.

thanks for the reply, thats what i have been hearing but wanted to make sure.. now what time and how much should i do the trimming i am about 2 weeks into flowering and they each have about 6 pairs of 2 nodes at about 1 1/2 feet tall ?..

I usually like to get most if not all my trimming doen in the veg stage and try not to trim any later than 2 weeks into flowering. Just remember to do it in stages rather than all at once. True you are already 2 wks into flowering but don't worry about it, if your plants are healthly they can take it and its better than having a shit ton of weak undergrowth getting no light.

great well thats good then, ill start trimming tmrw :) also how much should i trim do u think ?and where about should i make the cuts, like should i cut the lower branches right off ?

Yea I like to trim the braches well before they have grown a couple of nodes. It will help if you are familiar with the strain your growing than you could have better utlization on what to cut off. I wouldn't go ape shit on it but just take off what you think won't make it to the top. I trim close to the stalk cause with longer ends equal higher chance for disease.

Back
Top Bottom