Quick question with watering

zBRiCKz

I'm gonna head to the hydroponic store tomorrow to get the fox farm ocean soil along with the nutes listed in the stickied thread. My question is, what's a generic watering schedule?

Like pure water 1 day, nothing next day, water+nutes 3rd day, nothing 4th day, back to pure water and repeat for 5th day?

Edit: being a first time grower, should I even use fox farm? Or go with a soilless mix?

Damn I apologize for multiple posting lol..

I guess I should add what I'm growing...

I'm gonna be growing two plants, 1 nirvana white widow fem and 1 nirvana White Castle fem. Its gonna be an indoor grow so I'm not going for a huge yield or anything, hopefully 1.5-2.5 oz per plant would be cool.

Any and all tips for vegging period and flowering would be greatly appreciated.

i think you better start your reading
you came to the right place, maybe you could start a journal and the people here are very helpfull and forgiving
but you sound like its a little to simple, it is with the right reading, searching, help and listening to experienced growers but hey everyone here is learning also bud of the month, plant of the month...

Attitude is a solid seed bank. Research the individual breeders first though. They carry the whole spectrum - from hermie breeders to top grade seeds.

That's the one.

Your choice in medium and nutes are dependent a lot on your growing style. Fox Farms soils are a good choice since they're easy to maintain and have 3-4 weeks worth of nutes in them, but you'll still need to control pH and give them nutes as they get older. You also probably don't want to plant directly in Fox Farms Ocean Forest, as it is usually too 'hot' (too many nutes) for seedlings. They may need a few weeks before transplant. Other soiless mediums are similarly priced or cheaper (coco, peat-moss based ones like ProMix, perlite, rockwool, etc).

You can really use any nute line and get similar results, especially as a beginner. Personally I'd just go with whatever is cheapest, to try it out. You could get some organic/other fertilizer or buy liquid nutes. There are a lot of hydro nute lines available, and you can use them in hydro/soiless/soil mediums. Unless you want to stay organic, then you have other options.

You should also consider a pH test kit or meter, as this is where it seems the majority of people have problems. I know I did/do!

As for the watering/feeding schedule, it depends on the container and plant size. This is why many recommend watering with runoff when the pot feels light. Some people feed every watering, some once/week. A good place to start is probably every other watering, and judge their health from there. Just make sure you don't give the plants nutes for 3-4 weeks.

It's good to be researching this all beforehand though!

Yeah I've been doing a lot of reading, I'm learning a bit more every day and it will only get better once I get my seeds.

I guess the only concern that pops in my head right now is the fox farms being too hot for seedlings. I was planning on running the auto seeds I'm getting first before the regular fems. I know that autoflowers should not be transplanted, that they should be put into the pot theyll be in until harvest.

Being that fox farms could be too hot, is there another step I could take without having to get new soil? Or should I go ahead and just grow some of the regular fem seeds first?

By the way... Here's my updated room (minus the exhaust fan lol) I also took your advice that you pmed me about. Made myself another YouTube channel.

Yeah I've been doing a lot of reading, I'm learning a bit more every day and it will only get better once I get my seeds.

I guess the only concern that pops in my head right now is the fox farms being too hot for seedlings. I was planning on running the auto seeds I'm getting first before the regular fems. I know that autoflowers should not be transplanted, that they should be put into the pot theyll be in until harvest.

Being that fox farms could be too hot, is there another step I could take without having to get new soil? Or should I go ahead and just grow some of the regular fem seeds first?

By the way... Here's my updated room (minus the exhaust fan lol) I also took your advice that you pmed me about. Made myself another YouTube channel.

you can cut the FF soil with a flat soilless medium like coco or peat. Just make sure you add perlite or or vermiculite as well to keep it airy.

you can cut the FF soil with a flat soilless medium like coco or peat. Just make sure you add perlite or or vermiculite as well to keep it airy.

Dang, was hoping I wouldn't have to go buy anything else lol. Guess I'll play a game... If the seeds get here before this weekend then I'll just grow some regulars, if they don't get here before the weekend, I'll go to the hydroponic store on Saturday and pick up some soilless to cut it.

Hey Jojo! Hope you're doing well!

I picked up the FFOF, all he had were big bags of perlite that would have been overkill lol, so I was planning on picking some perlite up for ace hardware but wouldn't you know it? All they had was miracle grow perlite that was treated with mg ferts, wonderful....not.

So I'm gonna have to run back to the hydro store or stop by the garden center after work today to find some.

I'm having some people tell me that grow big and tiger bloom aren't gonna be enough as far as ferts? Is that really true or is it just grower preference? I've seen some people say it's fine but others say no lol

I'm having some people tell me that grow big and tiger bloom aren't gonna be enough as far as ferts? Is that really true or is it just grower preference? I've seen some people say it's fine but others say no lol

From my understanding, the grow big has alot of the micro nutrients (trace elements) that are important for your plant. It's kind of hard to say though for sure since the bottle doesn't give you a trace element list. Personally, I'm a fan of using a line of nutrients in the way that the company recommends using it.

Yeah, unfortunately the MG perlite has fertilizers and other (non) goodies in it, so you may have to grab a big bag. Fortunately you can use it future grows, even if you change your growing medium. It's pretty versatile stuff, and you can even grow in straight perlite if you so desire.

As for the nutes, I'd recommend using the full line of nutrients, especially as a beginner. So you'd have to get Grow Big too. If you don't want to spend as much, there are two-part nutrient lines such as Dyna-Gro, which many claim give the same/similar results as 3-part lines. I plan on trying them in the future, just for simplicity/laziness.

Back
Top Bottom