Quick question

use the HPS bulb for veg? still keep it at 18/6?
is this a good set up- carbon 6 inch filter to cool tube to 6 inch inline fan after cool tube to such the air out?
also forgot to mention that i have a regular bathroom fan hooker up via 4 inch flex line straight out to help with heat

should i use that additional bathroom fan that won't be carbon filtered ?

dont use the bathroom fan once you have the carbon filter and cooltube set up, otherwise you will have smell leak. The 6inch fan should pull enough air through grow space to cool lamp and allow plants to breathe.

Yes use the hps for veg. plants are established now, they will grow much faster.

SO i needed to water again today. Pots were extremely light after only 2 full days instead of 4. I checked the runoff on the smaller plant and what came out was ph 6.5 ant 900 PPM yes 900
what is up with that.

I just put in ph 5.7-5.8 300 PPM feeding

why so high on the ppm coming out? Also next feeding should I make my mixture at a 5.1-5.2 to lower the ph in the coco? Is that how it works?

They are growing like crazy. lots of double tops from topping a few different places on each plant.

One plant seems like it is growing out of control like leaves are fighting with each other to get to the light makes for a very dense top 1/4 of the plant.

no, dont feed to run off and feed every day nutes at 1.4 ec and ph 5.8. only ever water with plain un ph'd water when its time to flush plants. I get run off at 4-5.0ec (2000-2500ppm). dont worry if plants are healthy. feed enough so the plants are ready to be fed again 24hours later. coco is hydroponic media and should be treat as such.

no, dont feed to run off and feed every day nutes at 1.4 ec and ph 5.8. only ever water with plain un ph'd water when its time to flush plants. I get run off at 4-5.0ec (2000-2500ppm). dont worry if plants are healthy. feed enough so the plants are ready to be fed again 24hours later. coco is hydroponic media and should be treat as such.

ok thanks I am still in the veg stage day 18 after 5 sets of leaves i started counting

I have a few last questions

When changing from veg 18/6 to flower 12/12, how do I go about that, my lights are out at 1pm until 7 pm for veg.
should I let it have an extra 5 hours of dark and then 12 hours of light or do I go from the lights on this evening for only 12 hours then give 12 hours of dark, or does it matter which one I start with?

also hooking up filter /fan/ cool tube

should the fan be pushing air through at the end of the cool tube or sucking at the socket end?

also my setup goes like this out cool tube fan filter

out fan cool tube filter
which way is better for smell and heat?

also do I use a light flush of phd water before the switch from veg to flowering a couple of days before ?

just switch lights too 12/12 on day of flip. so i let lights come on as normal. I use 1900-1300 as lights on for veg so id switch my timer to 2100-0900 once lights are on and after 2100 if that makes sense.

You can pull through filter or blow through filter but its better to pull really. Filter-cooltube-fan. fan outside of the tent is fine if necessary.

I can do either

exit point inline fan pulling air through the cool tube and the filter at the end ?

ok I will use 7 pm like normal and turn off at 7 am ( electricity is cheaper after 7 pm)
and then 7 off from 7 am to 7 pm

so it doesn't matter if I start with the dark cycle or the light cycle?

I have read many members stating they leave their plants in more ( up to 24 hrs) dark before switching, so If it is better for you with electricity, go more dark and then light. It doesn't matter really, plant will get the hang of "winter is coming" when the long dark will come any way :)

The 24 hours darkness just makes the plants stretch more. it doesnt affect final product at all. I used to do it but all that is different is taller plants, they stretch much harder. for me thats a bad thing., depends on what you're after.
thank you Cult for clearing that up, I was actually trying to find out why :)

Here is a diagram just want to know if the inline fan should be in front of the filter or is it good like in my diagram?'

'
IMG_329717.JPG

if i dont have the space up top to hang the filter, can i add 4 feet of ducting and let the filter rest on the table just to the back left of the plants?

Hi, I switched over to flowering after 20 days of veg, 2.5 feet from 600 w HPS in cool tube. The 6 inch inline fan makes the tube cool to the touch it does such a good job at removing the heat.

Question #1 can i still top my plants even though I just switch last night over to flower?

also what sort of temp variation should I be having with lights on and lights off?
my humidity is at 45-52 but it usually sits at 49. Does there need to be any changes in humidity now that i made the switch to 12/12 ?

if my plants start to grow upwards a lot should I switch to a wider and taller pot? I am in 3 gallon pots at the moment .

thanks for all your help and advice.

dont top now, that would be disasterous for you. now just let the plants grow. you can keep bending for the first week or so.

Also dont pot up to a bigger pot now you are flowering. If you were going to do that you should have done it a week before you flip to allow the plant to bed in.

Just let them do their thing now and dont interfere with them.

Back
Top Bottom