Quick root question with picture

greenhydro

I am trying to get everything as perfect as I can this time. I keep seeming to have root problems. I just want nice thick white roots. Right now there is just Filtered water and pH down (from stealth hydro, organic). Also the temp stays under 70 but during the day sometimes its 75-78. My question is are these roots looking as good as they can be? and is that root rot starting? or any other suggestions you have.

As you can see from the main root it kind of looks slimy and semi-brown, then the tips are white and hairy. Shouldnt the main part be this way also?

Thanks for any help:smokin:

Not sure whats with the picture works fine for me.

I have pH water without nutes because they are just now rooting and I will add nutes tonight but I just wanted the plain water to be pH balanced at all times. Our tap water seems to be around a pH of 8 which isnt so good.

Yea wait on the hygrozome till u cure the root slime. Add 3tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide to 1 gal of water and keep the temps as cool as possible 65 being the best. It maybe necessary to reapply the 3 tablespoons of h202 in 3 days. also make sure the roots are getting plenty of bubbles. General hydroponics sells this stuff called subculture B and sub M, They are root inoculations that consist of beneficial bacteria which will eat the dead and diseased root and clean the good ones also fights off some root born pests. They are a tad pricey but the B you only use 1/2 tsp per 5 gal. the M you will go through quicker as it takes 2tsp per 5 gal. My root system are night and day difference since starting to use the subcultures. OH AND PS the H2O2 will kill off the hygrozome and beneficial bacteria, SO ONLY USE one or the other.

What are the water temps? It's hard to tell whether that's from water temps or root rot...but without food in there my money is on water temps. Adding a fan to a res is a good way to help keep it cool IF you can do so safely(12v fans ftw)...H20 is a functional way to combat root rot if your not concerned about keeping beneficial bacteria. EWC tea is a much more friendly way to handle root rot.

Back
Top Bottom