Quix's Corner - Puddle-o-Green - NL & Bag Seed - Indoor Soil Experiment

Re: Quix's Corner-"Puddle-o-Green"-NL&Bagseed Indoor Soil Experiment

Hey guys! Thanks for checkin in on me:) I gotta tell ya, I'm sad to say there's been little in the way of progress. The beans are so slow in popping, I'm really starting to think this may be a dissappointing run. The two bag seeds I tried to germ, well I destroyed those out of curiosity, and with how long these 2 NL are taking, I'm wondering if it's indicative of weak plants. I've heard that seeds can take up to 2 weeks to even pop, but I germed 4 of the same batch last time, and they were crazy fast. For all I know, i may just be blowing things out of proportion, but it has me a little discouraged. So, Ill drop them in some quart pots on friday, with a mix of Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 soil(a sample I got from the hydro store) and 50% perlite. I'll let em get some sturdy roots going for about 2 weeks, then they'll go into 3 gallon pots with FFOF and perlite.
I'll get a pic up of the seedlings before planting, and of course there'll be more to see once they break ground. Still haven't gone anywhere to find OC+, which I'd love to try in a side by side, but maybe this weekend. To be honest I wish I had a few other strains to try, but that'll have to wait til next run. I DO have a wish list though, starting with strawberry cough, and strawberry diesel. Aroma (not aurora) is another, along with vanilla kush, Kushage, and a couple variations of the Bubble Gum strains...Hope all is well everyone, and hope to have more time and more things happening soon:peacetwo:

Hi Buddy.:surf:

Germing a few myself.....and I've been doing this a while now....it always seems to be crap shoot on what happens. The two I gemmed in the old saucer with wet paper towels popped in a day and a half. The rest I put in jiffy cups with soil are taking they're time. This is no joke, I germ'd some in a
little green house, most popped up in a few days, but left two others in it an forgot about them. I went in to throw the thing away two weeks later and found 2 sprouts. You just never know! Hang in there! :popcorn:

Hi Buddy.:surf:

Germing a few myself.....and I've been doing this a while now....it always seems to be crap shoot on what happens. The two I gemmed in the old saucer with wet paper towels popped in a day and a half. The rest I put in jiffy cups with soil are taking they're time. This is no joke, I germ'd some in a
little green house, most popped up in a few days, but left two others in it an forgot about them. I went in to throw the thing away two weeks later and found 2 sprouts. You just never know! Hang in there! :popcorn:

Hey OMM;) I really do need to get back over to your place and see what you have going on! Sadly, I haven't been by in weeks. But, the prospect of my grow being somewhat in time with yours sounds fun! Heres day 10 of paper towel...
P4060003.JPG

I figure they're ready, but i didn't get around to planting tonight. I'll get a tray tomorrow(I lost one somehow?:oops:) and either plant tomorrow or friday night...I WILL be by to see yours soon...

Great Quix. :Rasta:

Just a few little notes.
Watch out and don't get much light on the tap roots, they are very sensitive to light.
Try to let the tap roots grow at least a quarter of an inch long before planting.
If your planting in soil, water lightly with warm water. Cold shocks them.
You probably know all that already. :yummy:
Well, as luck would have it, all mine are up about an inch now, so tomorrow they will go into larger pots. If your sprouts are up over an inch or more, it's a good idea to cover the stems with soil. It might stop upward growth a few days, but they will grow roots off the stems and will be much more sturdy.

As I said, you probably know all this already. Just tell me to shut up! :popcorn:

Great Quix. :Rasta:

Just a few little notes.
Watch out and don't get much light on the tap roots, they are very sensitive to light.
Try to let the tap roots grow at least a quarter of an inch long before planting.
If your planting in soil, water lightly with warm water. Cold shocks them.
You probably know all that already. :yummy:
Well, as luck would have it, all mine are up about an inch now, so tomorrow they will go into larger pots. If your sprouts are up over an inch or more, it's a good idea to cover the stems with soil. It might stop upward growth a few days, but they will grow roots off the stems and will be much more sturdy.

As I said, you probably know all this already. Just tell me to shut up! :popcorn:

I would never tell you to shut up OMM!! And I agree with the quarter inch taproot. All the other things stuff I've read, but I dont retain half of what I read anymore so thanks for the reminder! Actually, I dont think i knew about covering the stems at 1 inch, thats good info! Funny you should mention light though, I accidentally left my germ box( a translucent Q tip travel box) out on the kitchen counter last night, and I know that some light has to be getting in there, and the paper towel was slightly off the top of the sprouts. I'm like "OH CRAP", but some how, the tap roots were almost twice the size! Im thinking air was the cause. Anyway, into the pots they went!:party:
See ya soon!!

10 days in a paper towel, they really are slow starters. Looks like they are on their way now:thumb:

Yep!! I got home today and they were ready to go!! I would tell you everything I just said to OMM, but Its too much to type right now:tokin:
Thanks for stoppin in bud!!

I would never tell you to shut up OMM!! And I agree with the quarter inch taproot. All the other things stuff I've read, but I dont retain half of what I read anymore so thanks for the reminder! Actually, I dont think i knew about covering the stems at 1 inch, thats good info! Funny you should mention light though, I accidentally left my germ box( a translucent Q tip travel box) out on the kitchen counter last night, and I know that some light has to be getting in there, and the paper towel was slightly off the top of the sprouts. I'm like "OH CRAP", but some how, the tap roots were almost twice the size! Im thinking air was the cause. Anyway, into the pots they went!:party:
See ya soon!!

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Nature just does it's thing some times! :ganjamon:

I'm in the same boat! Memory is going! Fast too.:smokin:

I'm starting to think you can do pretty much anything you can think of to these plants and they'll still germ, sprout, grow and bud haha. The probably spend most of their time trying to grow despite our care!

Go sproutlings! Go Q! OMM keep on talking!

Well, here goes 420 Magazine's least exciting grow journal update....Absolutely nothing going on yet! As I said before, these seeds have been really slow starters. But this is REALLY slow. 4 days in the dirt n they are taking their sweet time. Neither has broken ground yet. Time will tell! Sorry guys!!

Well, here goes 420 Magazine's least exciting grow journal update....Absolutely nothing going on yet! As I said before, these seeds have been really slow starters. But this is REALLY slow. 4 days in the dirt n they are taking their sweet time. Neither has broken ground yet. Time will tell! Sorry guys!!

Morning Q! Nothing to apologize for, the uncertainty is part of the fun. I'm right there with you, I planted 5 seeds 5 days ago and nada so far. Usually they're up by now, at least most of them. My ak took 8 days to sprout so I'll give them at least that long. Good luck to both of us :high-five:

Morning Q! Nothing to apologize for, the uncertainty is part of the fun. I'm right there with you, I planted 5 seeds 5 days ago and nada so far. Usually they're up by now, at least most of them. My ak took 8 days to sprout so I'll give them at least that long. Good luck to both of us :high-five:

Most definitely my friend, good luck to us all!!:Namaste:

SACTOWN!!! :welcome: Giantsfan, and thanks for stoppin in!! I'm sorry to say there isn't a whole lot going on, yet, but should be picking up in the next few days...OR ELSE...I'm the curious type, and am itching to dig up these slow growing seeds n see what the hell is taking so long. I mean, its not like their car got towed, or they ran into old friends at the grocery store! They're F'nnn seeeeeds!!!! But seriously, not much to report yet but stay tuned. I've got plenty of first time growers' mistakes to be made yet, and it should make for some entertaining, and educational reading, got a good group of people who stop in here from time to time as well so, make yourself at home brotha!

Oh and glad to have a fellow No Cal on board. I grew up young in Sac, brother still lives there, mom in Rocklin, bla bla bla, anyway:peacetwo:

SACTOWN!!! :welcome: Giantsfan, and thanks for stoppin in!! I'm sorry to say there isn't a whole lot going on, yet, but should be picking up in the next few days...OR ELSE...I'm the curious type, and am itching to dig up these slow growing seeds n see what the hell is taking so long. I mean, its not like their car got towed, or they ran into old friends at the grocery store! They're F'nnn seeeeeds!!!! But seriously, not much to report yet but stay tuned. I've got plenty of first time growers' mistakes to be made yet, and it should make for some entertaining, and educational reading, got a good group of people who stop in here from time to time as well so, make yourself at home brotha!

Oh and glad to have a fellow No Cal on board. I grew up young in Sac, brother still lives there, mom in Rocklin, bla bla bla, anyway:peacetwo:

Rocklin aye? That's REALLY close to me! Things will pick up bro...seeds are just that way..I remember from my old growing days..in the 70's before good pot was discovered!! LOL

I'm subbed bro...I'll be cking you out with every update...

Grow On!!

:Namaste:

I mean, its not like their car got towed, or they ran into old friends at the grocery store! They're F'nnn seeeeeds!!!!

:rofl:

If waiting for your seeds to pop is this much fun...the grow should be awesome!:high-five:

It's time to light some candles, play some soft music and romance those girls out of their unmentionables. :skeptical:

Rocklin aye? That's REALLY close to me! Things will pick up bro...seeds are just that way..I remember from my old growing days..in the 70's before good pot was discovered!! LOL

I'm subbed bro...I'll be cking you out with every update...

Grow On!!

:Namaste:
Hey man that's great! Look forward to seein ya around:high-five: I'm sure I just need to exercize some patients. It's a virtue, but I'm virtually out of patients!:peacetwo:

:rofl:

If waiting for your seeds to pop is this much fun...the grow should be awesome!:high-five:

It's time to light some candles, play some soft music and romance those girls out of their unmentionables. :skeptical:

LoL DIME! Glad you're still entertained! That's funny man, but i aint' coddlin these bitches, It's put out or get out time! If they wont grow, they should have the common decency to make room for those who will!:peacetwo:

Hey Q wassup? Have any of the seeds sprouted for you?

I'm in the same boat, only one of my five has popped and it's now day 7. I thought a second was coming up last night but it was just a contortion of the soil. I'm losing hope in fact I started 4 more seeds this morning.

Hey Q wassup? Have any of the seeds sprouted for you?

I'm in the same boat, only one of my five has popped and it's now day 7. I thought a second was coming up last night but it was just a contortion of the soil. I'm losing hope in fact I started 4 more seeds this morning.

Hey Blue!! Dude, no they haven't!...I've got kind of an attitude today, had a pretty rough couple of weeks. Last friday, I got a huge speeding ticket, lost the tranny in my 04 F-150(for the second time!!!) and sprained my ankle that same night...Then this week has been slow for work(hence my frequent appearance here:))...I'm just trying to remember who's life I must have impacted in such a negative way!! Where's all this bad karma comin from!?-

I'm only kidding, I dont think I'ts bad karma per-se, just the luck of the draw, as I know a lot of good people on here can attest to. I feel better already now that I got some 420 mag time in!!

Anyway, sorry to ramble, I'm better now thanks for listening!

So i got home literally about 20 minutes ago, and took my attitude out on the soil. I HAD TO KNOW IF THEY WERE GROWING!!! They werent...Strange...I didn't actually find the seeds, but I sure as hell didn't find any week old roots either! So into the germ box with another two seeds, and after a little pep talk I think they know what fate beholds them if they don't out perform the last two!!!

So yeah, what 5 strains did you say you had cookin? And they haven't sprouted yet either huh? Total bummer. I know you said that's part of the fun for you, the unknown n all, but I could do without the dissappointment!!

Lol I just went back n read, so 1 out of 5, eh, I'd be glad it popped, but pissed the others didn't! Funny we both got fed up n started more!!!:goodluck: on these next ones buddy, i be by of course to check progress!!:peacetwo:

Hey Blue!! Dude, no they haven't!...I've got kind of an attitude today, had a pretty rough couple of weeks. Last friday, I got a huge speeding ticket, lost the tranny in my 04 F-150(for the second time!!!) and sprained my ankle that same night...Then this week has been slow for work(hence my frequent appearance here:))...I'm just trying to remember who's life I must have impacted in such a negative way!! Where's all this bad karma comin from!?-

I'm only kidding, I dont think I'ts bad karma per-se, just the luck of the draw, as I know a lot of good people on here can attest to. I feel better already now that I got some 420 mag time in!!

Anyway, sorry to ramble, I'm better now thanks for listening!

So i got home literally about 20 minutes ago, and took my attitude out on the soil. I HAD TO KNOW IF THEY WERE GROWING!!! They werent...Strange...I didn't actually find the seeds, but I sure as hell didn't find any week old roots either! So into the germ box with another two seeds, and after a little pep talk I think they know what fate beholds them if they don't out perform the last two!!!

So yeah, what 5 strains did you say you had cookin? And they haven't sprouted yet either huh? Total bummer. I know you said that's part of the fun for you, the unknown n all, but I could do without the dissappointment!!

Lol I just went back n read, so 1 out of 5, eh, I'd be glad it popped, but pissed the others didn't! Funny we both got fed up n started more!!!:goodluck: on these next ones buddy, i be by of course to check progress!!:peacetwo:

Hi Q. :)

Think I would cop an attitude too! That's allot of crap hitting you at once.
Ahhh slow down! Like you said part of life. :smokin: The part we don't enjoy.

Can't believe those two no goods didn't germ.:smokin:

Good luck with the next two girls. Sending you some mighty germ vibes your way!:grinjoint:

Hi Q. :)

Think I would cop an attitude too! That's allot of crap hitting you at once.
Ahhh slow down! Like you said part of life. :smokin: The part we don't enjoy.

Can't believe those two no goods didn't germ.:smokin:

Good luck with the next two girls. Sending you some mighty germ vibes your way!:grinjoint:

No no, Senor MedMan:Namaste: That is where you are wrong! I've seen you in times of hardship, much worse than my little pitty party I threw for myself recently. You see, I'm currently on page 105 of your current journal, spent all day today reading it...You sir, are an inspiration. Not only to myself, but so obviously to so many others as well. The way you have handled every situation with cool, and calm, AND CLASS, is how people should be, to themselves, and to their fellow man.

you're right, I need to slow down, and I will...Although It does amuse me to rant and shake my fist at life sometimes:yahoo::rofl::rofl:

I'll be caught up on your journal soon, just toked some year old purple sour diesel-very dry, but still one of my favorite highs!:tokin:

As always, thanks for coming by OMM!!:peacetwo:

And thank you for the good vibes!!

Hey Q sometimes when it rains it pours, hope sunny days are ahead. 2 trannys since 04? Do you tow or plow with it?

So far 1 of the 3 papaya crosses has come up, and none of the the 2 trainwrecks. I'll give them a few more days but this is as long as I've ever gotten one to sprout.

Take care and hang in there bro!

Back
Top Bottom