R/O water question

FunkyMonkyPaw

im using aeroponics accross the boards, cloner, veg and two flower res.. I have a 100gpd R/O unit to supply everything. To make the needed 60 gallons total, i must also waste 60 gallons. Thats a total of 120 gallons, lame!!! Considering i have the R/O unit can i recycle the used 60gallons back through the R/O unit to try to get back 30gallons of clean R/O water??? also how often do you think i should change the out the water in the res.? i know that if i flowered the whole table at once i would change my res. out at the beginning of the new cycle. im a doing a perpetual harvest so im unsure when i should change it.

WTF Water if free. What does it mater that you waste 30 gallons of water..

I wish my r.o. unit only used 1:1 as your mine is 3:1 at best and the cost of pumping sucks, the waste is very high in minerals and not used by most growers. many will use a mix of tap or well water with r.o. to conserve cost and water

WTF Water if free. What does it mater that you waste 30 gallons of water..

LOL, Water is not free, just cheap and it adds up. Will cost more in the coming years.

WillyB

Still cheaper than buying and transporting those 60 gallons.....consider it a cost of doing business.

Yeah, 3:1 assuming you have high line pressure.

Unless you are a moderately large commercial grower there is little reason to use so much water. This is a one drawback to DWC systems.

Check out HPA, vastly superior with minimal water and nutrient needed. That's why NASA has been developing it for over a decade.

hth

LOL, Water is not free, just cheap and it adds up. Will cost more in the coming years.

WillyB

Everything will cost more in the coming years. Sooner than you think.......

Back
Top Bottom