Week 4
-13og.jpg

Week 9
-322.jpg

Another canopy Before / After

-12og.jpg

-291.jpg

frosty yummyness!

nugslinger- I think it was a mixture of salt build up causing low ph lockout, a simple flush seemed to hault any more yellowing. It was too late for some of the affected leaves though.. But all seems well now, next time Im going to flush monthly just for good measure if I dont go organic.

nugslinger- I think it was a mixture of salt build up causing low ph lockout, a simple flush seemed to hault any more yellowing. It was too late for some of the affected leaves though.. But all seems well now, next time Im going to flush monthly just for good measure if I dont go organic.

That sounds like a pretty solid rule of thumb, it couldn't hurt really. I've been reading up on organic grows for a while and the consensus is to really not worry about ph. I'm about to start a 2 plant hempy grow so hopefully I can dial in a good ph. I have a pretty nice meter but I still need the experience to get the right amount of each nutrient while keeping the ph around 6

Ph isn't usually an issue your right, unless your runoff is reading 4.3 and your leaves begin to lockout mag, nitrogen, potassium.. Next time I will blend a little dolomite lime into the soil to amend the long haul ph stability, I forgot to this round..

I would flush monthly before I went organic, then i made the mistake of using ph down on my organic nutes. I had horrible lockouts after a while, and realized my soil ph was in the 4's. I haven't ph'd since and haven't had any more problems.

The micro herd in the organic soils and nutrients acts as a ph buffer. They break the various nutrients down to a level that the plants can take up, in the process of them doing this, it stabilizes the ph

I was thinking about buying ph up/down but couldn't justify putting diluted acid/base in my soil. I've noticed that kelp brings ph up and molasses brings ph down. My runoff is always between 6.4 - 6.7. Also (probably stupid question that I thought of while I was typing) can you do organic hydro and if so do you have to worry about ph? I have a nice meter but it would be nice to not have to worry about it so much when I start hydro in the next few days. Thanks!

whatever you can do naturally to adjust your ph I feel is always better than chemicals. I bought ph up and down and have barely used it, probably won't ever need it again. Before that when using synthetic nutes, I used lemon juice to bring it down, baking soda to raise it. Worked just fine back then.

Organic hydro? I'm sure it can be done with organic nutes, but it will defeat the purpose of having an organic garden. The main reason for going organic is to have a massive herd of micro-organisms in your soil breaking everything down and feeding your plant for you, think of it as a bunch of little workers in your dirt constantly breaking everything down into usable nutrients, then your plant takes what it's hungry for. In hydro, you would be defeating this, and the nutrients wouldn't be in the right form to be readily available to the plant. I'm sure it can be done in some way as long as you would aerate the nutrient mixture for a few days before giving it to your plants, essentially brewing the solution. As far as being effective this way, I'm not totally sure.

My personal experience with hydro is very limited, so hopefully someone with more experience can chime in. This is just my opinion and I'm not 100% sure if what I said is correct

hempy gets great results, I'm sure organic methods would work better in hempy rather than full on hydro because there's an actual medium. Only way to be sure is to try it though :bong:

A little update. Were at day 72 now, I have begun flushing with a molasses/ RO feed after.. this will continue until I see more amber trichs and the swelling to continue upward.

Heres a couple canopy shots, some nice yellowing and redish coming in on the biggest leaves, which for the most part means harvest time soon!
My goal is to cut before 12/31 with a (20% clear/ 50% cloudy/ 30% amber)

-341.jpg

-372.jpg

-441.jpg

Heres the 6 gallon flush, Molasses waiting to go in last..
-514.jpg

Picked up the PERFECT curing jars, all black, ceramic 100% air tight mason jars.. (never seen anything like these before, they stay cool and allow zero light to pass in)
Im beta testing the mini jar with a test bud first, make sure the ceramic has no Ill effects
-711.jpg

NuG ShotS DAY 72 of est. 80-85

-3161.jpg

-415.jpg

-2181.jpg

(The swelling on these calyxes are UNREAL! Pinky-finger nail size)
-1191.jpg

Best I could do for a 10x shots in the HPS room... Dont worry HQ pics for plant of the month will be taken prior to harvest and shared, as well as an updated smoke report on this Magnificent OG KUSH 18

-391.jpg

Also got down to the range today and got a few shots in with a 1911 Dan Wesson Bobtail..
(Not quite a group but close for my first .45 @ 21feet)
-613.jpg

Please go out and support your local range!

Question for any OGK growers, I understand that genetics have a 100% factor in bud production however...

Should the calyxes be swelling more toward the tops of the colas? If you notice towards the bottom of each cola the pistils are minimal and bud swelling is at a peak...

Is this due to the bud sizing up from the bottom up? Meaning the bottom calyxes will swell before the very tip top of the cola

IF SO, does this also mean that the tip top calyxes will swell as much as say the bottom calyxes.. (Which are the size of my pinky nail or bigger, as opposed to the tip-top calyxes which seem to resemble more of the tip of a pen in size and shape..)

***DUMMY VERSION OF MY QUESTION***

(Indiv. Calyxes on lower portion of Cola seem to be twice the size and width of the main top calyxes on each cola)

So should I expect top cola calyxes to swell as much as the undersides did????

Wow...really nice scrog you have!!! Sorry to catch this towards the end of it but glad to be a part!!! Great job on really filling out that OG.... I'm running 3 different OG's right now and can't wait to see em full like that.... love that kush!!!

that screen is sick, how long did it take to train her like that? and what size pot are you in? I know it's been mentioned before but it slips my mind. Makes me want to do a screen really bad with my OG

Organic- Its a 60$ screen shelf from walmart, I used about 2 months of veg w/o screen. and 1 month tangling into screen.
After its third transplant it is in a 5.5 gallon pot that SHOULD very well have been atleast a 7 gallon before the switch to flower but owell, lesson learned.
I would not recommend growing an OG with out some sort of screen or support system. Unless you plan on only having a small number of large colas. OG packs on some serious weight in the last 4 weeks, (double the weight atleast) so Ive noticed a lot of sagging and plopping over but with proper circulation that should be okay.
I utalized this screen because its easily adjustable and portable, and wont rust if run off hits it..
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER WITH GROWING KUSH.. When you think its ready, go another two weeks!!!!!! It NEVER seems to stop growing, (but also have a scope to make sure you arent killing trichchomes)

Mark Green- to Me Kush is the only thing worth growing, I just ordered Larry OG, Raskals White Fire OG, Julias Caesar, OG KUSH and OG KUSH 18 from R.P., Lemon Kush, Burmese Kush and some of of Raskals Fire OG Bx (Any of these would be an awesome start)

Im currently waiting to order some of Ghosts OG Kush from DGT, I have heard spectacular things about this strain and its similar traits to the infamous TRIANGLE KUSH I grew up with..

I agree with the burmese being a unstable pheno, each time ive grown it it has come out different. Fortunatley the last time I grew it she was phenominal and turned neon jelly purple and tasted like blue berry muffins.. But the other 2 times I got hairy, unstable nugs that were stringy and foxtailed..

Be careful with the larry, I've been told it can been hit or miss with larry seeds and hermies. I was willing to take the risk though after smoking some larry. Id try one or two diff. phenos and see which one you like to medicate to better! Good luck

Back
Top Bottom