Raccoon

HigherDrifter

:laughtwo:

Maybe a couple of weeks ago, nah...maybe not that long, at least a week ago for sure, I spotted a Raccoon crawling on the fence.

I reckon he/she's(?) been hangin out around here a lot longer than 2 weeks, though. Hard to say. There are/were(?) a lot of stray cats in this neighborhood so I figured all the noises I was hearing at night were from, not just Kee Kee (the cat that just waltzed right into my life and my soul), but from the stray cats as well.

Only thing is, for a while now, I've been seeing these dig marks and holes in the saucers I've got around my 2 Beautiful Mystery Queens. Remember asking myself "WTF would cats be digging holes around my plants like that?". I just blew it off as some freaky thing some cats like to do and didn't give it any more thought...until I spotted that Raccoon :laughtwo:

That Raccoon's got to be the one diggin them holes. Must like diggin for grubs and/or worms. We gots plenty of Fig Beetle Larvae (grubs) in the soil; somethin tells me this Raccoon's got a taste for Fig Beetle grubs. Not hurting my Queens at all.

Saw it again last night while sittin on the front porch. Looked right at me as he/she was climbin up the Juniper tree.

Cute little squirt. :green_heart:

Holy smokes... Drifter he's got to be after those grubs.. You know they eat everything... Those coons can be nasty as well so Please watch it.... We had a family of 3 out in my garbage for quite some time.. There very interesting to watch...they also carry some of the most dangerous diseases... There are in top 3 with foxes and skunks for gross bacteria and viruses....don't let kee kee to close.. I know she/he is smarter than that.. My dog will run and hide with raccoons....i can picture a nosey raccoon with a mask over it's eyes and a weapon holding you up for you green!!!!! Ha. :hippy:

I aint too concerned about it.

Raccoon can hang out around here. I'm an avid animal observer and admirer, and I have my respect. This planet belongs to all it's life-forms. Raccoon aint buggin me at all and till Raccoon starts messing with my welfare, I aint gonna bother him/her at all. I think a lot of these so-called diseases are in people's heads (hate to say it but...diseased heads, in many cases).

If worse comes to worse I'll bag the Raccoon without any harm somehow then take it down to the river area nearby and let it go. I've always been pretty good with animals that way, wild or domesticated. :green_heart:

I love coons.

There are about 20 or so that come to visit every day.

Some of them will take food from my hand, but I only do that with the older ones. The youngsters that come with their mothers are too rambunctious and rough. But there are a couple that are learning to be gentle. And, there is one little guy that lets me touch his head while he's eating.

My nine cats have always gotten along with the coons and you can often see cats and coons on the deck sleeping in the sun together. But the young coons haven't learned the rules of peaceful co-existance. Sneaking up on a sleeping kitty and pulling his tail is downright rude.

IvE heard of let sleeping dogs lie but cats .....ha I'm glad you have some very tame coons you two....

So far I have only seen the one Raccoon. Would be fucking awesome having a little Coon Colony around here.

Maybe this Raccoon chased off all those loud-mouthed Mockingbirds...been kinda quiet around here lately. I don't mind cuz them Mockingbirds were getting quite annoying.

I've got 2 unoccupied houses adjacent to my yard. They've been empty for quite some time...close to a year, maybe. Lots of trees around here for Raccoons to hang out in. Maybe they'll find a way inside of those empty houses, pull the squatter routine and turn both of those houses into a wildlife refuge so no people can move in. That'd be so cool.

Ha drifter it might become a raccoon drop house... For smuggling in undocumented animals.....

Ha that was cute, sounds like the coon is doing you a favor by eating the grubs. At least he is not knocking over your garbage or eating your girls. Hell, I say give that coon a name and a scooby treat for being good...lol

Back
Top Bottom