Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

She is royally beautiful. :blushsmile: I have to say, Im jealous of her frostyness. No, not really, but I am really happy for you and their progression.

I am so grateful to have happy plants flowering.
This harvest will be about a year after my first harvest - trying to grow the whole time.

I go on vacation in a couple weeks. I was really looking forward to shutting the doors and letting the SWICKs, soil, and timers do their thing.
Having a leak from the big SWICK disturbs the harmony.
I need to get back to harmony.

In the world of human challenges we call real life, I know this grow stuff is minor.
But it is also medicine that can heal my family.

Finding a leak is as hard as, finding the results is ez. If you've got the dosh, bag the leaky tray and replace. Hard to put a price on ease and Harmony. Wet/dry vac might help w/clean-up.

Such a lovely assortment of plants: long and strong, round and stout. I've had to abandon the idea of choosing favs, and remember that Love comes in many sizes, colors, shapes and flavors.
Stay cool

Finding a leak is as hard as, finding the results is ez. If you've got the dosh, bag the leaky tray and replace. Hard to put a price on ease and Harmony. Wet/dry vac might help w/clean-up.

Such a lovely assortment of plants: long and strong, round and stout. I've had to abandon the idea of choosing favs, and remember that Love comes in many sizes, colors, shapes and flavors.
Stay cool
The problem with replacing or taking the floor out for repair is I need to remove and reinstall a wall during a 12 hour light cycle. I made it out of cheap foam for just such a possibility, but I haven't been in the mood to tackle that job yet. It hasn't leaked for over 36 hours, so maybe it was wicking up the duct tape!

Today, the leak issue is manageable. :)

I tend to think you may be right about the duct tape causing some wicking. Mostly because I want you all to vacation care-free. If everything is moist before you leave they should hold nicely while you guys have a grand time.

So Hani has decided to project herself as Hawaiian royalty? I like a girl with attitude. I also like that idea with the magnifier against the phone lens. I need to give that a try tomorrow morning.

think i found ya

Welcome Bearwhowalks! LOve that name, although my brain tends to make it Spirit of Bear who walks ! :icon_roll

It looks like the flower girls have stopped their stretch and begun stacking flowers. Height is steady for 3 consecutive nights.
I took a few flash photos at 'lights out' in the flowering room. I like the green.

Flowering Room: Hawaiian Skunk 'Hani' (3 ft) is a single stalk in the foreground. Breeder freebie 'Giselle' (4 ft) is everthing else.

20150603_223959-1.jpg

Hani, 20 days since pistils showed, is ahead in the flower stacking and trichome competition.

20150603_224011-1.jpg

Giselle, 18 days since pistils showed they were female, is also flower stacking.

20150603_224019-1.jpg

The first generation clones, almost 13 months old, sit in the fringes of the flowering light for 21 days now,
White Widow C1 'Denise' in front went in last night - She was setting flowers in the Garden Room under 18/6 light.

20150603_224038-1.jpg

Late veg SWICK, 13 to 20 inches tall.
Back Row (left to right): feminized Borderline 'Bowie', White Widow C2 clone 'Bellatrix', breeder seed 'Delilah'
Front Row (left to right): breeder seed 'Salome', feminized AK47 'Gabby', bredder seed 'Big Bertha'

20150603_210015.jpg

Early Veg SWICK: the little girls :)

20150603_224940-1.jpg

am seriously thinking of going swick when i move them into flower and putting my veg room swick also

am seriously thinking of going swick when i move them into flower and putting my veg room swick also

Do a good review of the SWICK thread. One of the keys to a successful SWICK is the addition of extra aeration components into the soil mix. Your life deserves to be this easy too Bearswhowalk.

will swick work with soilles ( my mix)

will swick work with soilles ( my mix)

It depends on how much perlite you used in your perlite/coco mix. I have about 40% perlite in my perlite/compost/spagnum moss/ammendments mix.
If you transplant into a 40% mix when potting up, a swick will feed your roots.

One consideration of a swick is NOT to water or feed to where you have runoff into the reservoir, or you will need to periodically clean the reservoir. If you are using liquid fertilizers, you need to have some runoff to avoid a buildup of salts in your soil. Of the two, better to have salts in the perlite in the reservoir than salts in your soil. It just means washing perlite, probably after you harvest.

will try to find out the coco/perlite ratio tomorrow

Hey Rad those blooms are looking awesome! A few more weeks and you'll have some Harvesting/drying and curing. That's awesome it must be very rewarding to finally be there. You have stick-to-it-tiveness the size of Cannaballs! :) Happy for you.

Hey Rad those blooms are looking awesome! A few more weeks and you'll have some Harvesting/drying and curing. That's awesome it must be very rewarding to finally be there. You have stick-to-it-tiveness the size of Cannaballs! :) Happy for you.

Hey! Thanks for the encouraging words. :)

It's nice to have the grow stable to where, some nights, I spend 5 minutes trending to the girls needs.
I usually spend over an hour, but they are ok with a nightly quickie. :slide:

Big Bertha had a couple of leaf spots last night. They looked like they might be from a tunneling, sap sucking pest. I'll look under a loupe and apply some neem oil on them tonight. I decided to wait and see if they grew or spread. I hope that was a good call.

I have fungus gnats being born in the newest soil. You'd think they'd die in the bagged compost for months. Hardly like buggers. I'm not worried, the girls just ignore them, grow taller, and wait for them to die off. With a perpetual grow, and adding small amounts of new soil every couple of weeks, fungus gnats may be a perpetual nuisance. If I can get a regular harvest of worm castings, gnats should go away. I probably won't every produce enough worm castings for topping soil and new soil. So gnats are still on the menu.

Hey! Thanks for the encouraging words. :)

It's nice to have the grow stable to where, some nights, I spend 5 minutes trending to the girls needs.
I usually spend over an hour, but they are ok with a nightly quickie. :slide:
For crying out loud thats funny :)
For your gnats you could try some mosquito bits in the trays/swick Its organic and effective it uses the BT Bacsillyus Thorgantuous lol

For crying out loud thats funny :)
For your gnats you could try some mosquito bits in the trays/swick Its organic and effective it uses the BT Bacsillyus Thorgantuous lol

I have some BT in powder form. It didn't work well when I was watering from the top as the dust got soggy and caked - plus I coated when I should have dusted. I have an cosmetics dust bulb ready to try with BT dust.

The trauma / failure to grow at the beginning of this journal started when I tried to use mosquito dunks and BT against fungus gnats. Because of that, I haven't wanted to fight the gnats until I know they are sticking around. I haven't had 3 consecutive of gnat problem in months, so I haven't had to do something yet.
..... I guess I'm just gunshy about attacking gnats.

Plus that whole idea about catching mosquitos and harvesting their bits is kinda weird :)

I like GeoPots better than SmartPots.

GeoPots have seams around the top rim (and maybe the bottom rim.) However they do it, Geo Pots maintain their shape.

SmartPots get slouchy and the dirt settles and moves around. I added about a quart of soil to a crack and tucked near the rim of this 10 gallon pot. It is more compacted now, but more stable.

20150602_203509.jpg

Ohhhhh sorry to bring up those memories Rad, I guess I didn't remember that. I think your making the right decision, stick it out with the gnats until you are certain, especially if they aren't an infestation. :)

i still like my plastic pots

Back
Top Bottom