Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

So good to have you back SoilGirl. :rofl:

:rofl: Missed you guys too. :circle-of-love:

Grow update: After 8 days of Vacation

What can I say?

Life in the shire goes on, very much as it has this past Age . . . full of its own comings and goings, with change coming slowly, if it comes at all.

8 days since I last set foot in the cannabis garden, The SWICKs performed perfectly. Although plants were observed, no watering was needed.

Early veg plants are mostly stretching and becoming pot bound with nowhere to go for 1-4 weeks.

20150625_165108.jpg

While the family was away becoming reaquainted with the old hometown - left behind for the first time 5+ years ago - and reaquainted with the people left behind. My family didn't realise how many and for how long those people would be missed until after it happened. How could they? I have moved to a new city 3 times in my life. It's only the first one where Ieft anyone truly important behind, because after the first big move I never made the same kind of attachments. The kids have made big attachments in our new home, but my wife and I have not. I'm used to not making friends. She is not. So to see those old friends who were available was very important. During this time, while we were away doing this, the late veg plants over 20" each grew about 2".

20150625_165057.jpg

Two of the tallish plants touched the lights, creating a trivial amount of leaf burn with no damage to apical meristems. But part of the visit was to relatives who had wounded membes of my family much deeper.That damage has not healed in these many years, and the extent of the impact hasn't even been fully uncovered. Forgiveness mostly. Forgetting never. Those visits were essential, but they sap your strength.

20150625_165019.jpg

20150625_165009.jpg

So on to the flower room. The stars of our show look much the same. After 44 days in 12/12, they are 8 days closer to harvest. I'm expecting a 10 week flower period, so 3-4 weeks to go.

Hawaiian Skunk 'Hani' is frostier.

20150625_165203-1.jpg

Hani and the others are also showing sugar leaf curl. I have seen this on dried buds but never experienced in person.

20150625_165221-1.jpg

Giselle is showing her age. Lots of leaves are being cannabalized, turning yellow, and drying up. After more than 5 years, friends our age and younger are showing their age - as are we to them. My back was giving me 'stop me in my tracks' twinges, but I was the healthy one. One showed up with a cane due to ankle weakness, but also wore high heels and waved to cute joggers. She will never give up her high heels. Another upped her motorcycle from 150cc to 1100cc with a low-rider seat height that lets her feet touch the ground so that she can retain her two wheeled mobility a little longer. Like Giselle, it is pretty much what one should expect with our age and background. We are products of our life and time spent living. Giselle's buds are following the excellent path of Hani, and there are a lot more of them !

20150625_165241.jpg

20150625_165252-2.jpg

Breeder mystery seeds 'Big Bertha' and 'Delilah', 13 days under 12/12, still won't definitively show their sex. You just never know about some folks, you just wait for them to reveal themselves. I took a photo of a canon named 'Big Bertha' on Summer Solstice. Naturally I thought about these two plants' sex. Still waiting.

20150625_172847.jpg

The White Widow and Caramelicious clones, the clones this thread is named after, are also near 4 weeks to harvest and frosting nicely. One of them foxtailed last grow, but none of them showed the sugar leaf curling and amount of sugar they all show on this grow. It's popcorn, not worth the lighting by itself; between the 5 plants, each over a year old, I expect about 3 oz...BUT the genetics are cloned and the flavors will make nice accent choices while smoking Giselle.

20150625_165530-1.jpg

One of my first clones, and the grand children clones of the first grow, are in veg. This eample of mortality and imortality synchronizes with thoughts of all my wife's grandparents, parents, and family whom we visited in their graves this week. 12 spirits in 5 towns, 4 cemetaries and a memorial marker. These are the family we are closer to, that talk to us and care for us. We came closer this week and made renewed connections that will last. This part was a great comfort to me. And a part where I only go so far to expain, because it is hard for me to believe myself, much less ask others to believe. It feels right and the signs are there to encourage our beliefs. A couple of extreme coincidences and a near miraculous answer to my inadvertant prayer support us in our beliefs.

Isn't it amazing how something as natural as growing a plant becomes a link in a chain of knowledge and love,and a part of our life journey?

That was brilliant and moving. There is nothing average about you at all Rad.

First weed after a 9 day tolerance break :)

I said that to R, and she said "You are alawys on a tolerance break."
She is, of course, correct :)

:laughtwo:

That was brilliant and moving. There is nothing average about you at all Rad.

There was some very reassuring normal today.
We got home at 4:13 and celebrated 4:20 for the first time in 8 days. I started a load of dishes. My wife and I unpacked suitcases, putting away dirty clothes, discussing and admiring purchased and found stones. I ordered calzones to be delivered. The family watched Wayne's World eating calzones.

Everyone was tired so we vegged even more in front of the TV, watching the first two episodes of Grace and Frankie on NetFlix. At one point, when the Jane Fonda, rich, straight laced woman was being overwhelmed by the Lily Tomlin hippy lady and her similar souled companions, the girl blurted out... That's how my brother feels around us :) And you know, we do resemble a cross between "Family Ties" and "The Adams Family"

Our daughter, Dale and I have always been so different from our son that we have always considered him our Marilyn Munster. Hahaha!

I loved the updates, beautiful writing and pics Rado. Welcome back :love:

But just fyi, I'm pretty sure that 'sugar leaf curl' on Hani is just the top bud trying to revegetate >.< I've been seeing a lot of those mutant reveg leaves lately, and notice how they don't have any trichomes like below? Might be time for an early harvest. If the whole plant starts to reveg the buds will get airy and lose potency.

Yeah, must be revegging. Never seen heat stress or mutation like that during flower, definitely revegging. Maybe you can get Reg (B A R) in here if you want a good 2nd opinion, he's done so many reveg's he'd be able to tell in a snap.

P.S. keep an eye out for nanners on her!

But just fyi, I'm pretty sure that 'sugar leaf curl' on Hani is just the top bud trying to revegetate >.< I've been seeing a lot of those mutant reveg leaves lately, and notice how they don't have any trichomes like below? Might be time for an early harvest. If the whole plant starts to reveg the buds will get airy and lose potency.

Yeah, must be revegging. Never seen heat stress or mutation like that during flower, definitely revegging. Maybe you can get Reg (B A R) in here if you want a good 2nd opinion, he's done so many reveg's he'd be able to tell in a snap.

I posted on one of BAR's threads ....

BAR and others
I posted a question about some funny little hats my flower girls grew while I was on vacation... Spontaneous reveg at 6 weeks into flower?

Anyone who can shed light on whats happening, please go comment there.

Here's a photo to tickle your curiosity

20150626_144645-1.jpg

FEATHER looking leaf / TICKLE .... a pun, right?

When I spoke of leaf curl, I was only thinking of this part of the buds

20150626_144730-1.jpg

Checked with Reg:

Originally Posted by B A R
. . .

About the odd leafs at the top, most strains I've dealt with start reverting back to 3 & single fingered leafs at the top of buds right before swelling.

. . .

Great news! It's a harbinger of bud swelling. :high-five:

Isn't that weird that some people never encounter these issues? You and BAR both grow in relatively similar set ups (or last I checked) and he deals with it regularly, while this is your first time.

This is my second grow. LOTS of stuff is new to me.
I have a couple of growers in RLthat ask me questions - I keep telling them to jump on 420 magazine board and start a grow log.
I can't answer their questions about LED distance, CalMag schedules and supercropping.

I'm starting to choose and develop a type of indoor growing that fits my personality - that in itself is an accomplishment.

Still lots to learn about nutrients, watering, and timing in a perpetual grow.

This is my second grow. LOTS of stuff is new to me.
I have a couple of growers in RLthat ask me questions - I keep telling them to jump on 420 magazine board and start a grow log.
I can't answer their questions about LED distance, CalMag schedules and supercropping.

I'm starting to choose and develop a type of indoor growing that fits my personality - that in itself is an accomplishment.

Still lots to learn about nutrients, watering, and timing in a perpetual grow.

Sorry I didn't word it well. I meant I hadn't really seen that in other peoples journals (with similar setups) before. I guess I shouldn't have used you as an example.

Graduation Day

AK47 'Gabby' and free breeder seed 'Salome' graduated from the Late Veg SWICK to the Flowering Room.

First things first, take clones of the girls on their way into the flowering room.

20150627_191330-1.jpg

Before her final trim. AK47 'Gabby' is a feminized seed that has been showing pre-flowers for weeks now.

20150627_183117-1.jpg

Trimmed off everything in the bottom foot above the soil (where light will never reach.) Also trimmed all the flowering sites below the canopy layer.

20150627_184956-1.jpg

AK47 Gabby is proven female, and I don't rotate pots in flower, so I tucked her into the back left corner of the room. I also brought unsexed Delilah in towards the center of he room, raised the HPS to 18" above canopy and switched from 450W(75%) to 600W(100%.)

20150627_185918-1.jpg

Salome is an unsexed breeder seed. Salome before her graduation haircut.

20150627_190507-1.jpg

Salome had 3 main branches but one of them could not support it's 18" length. Bum genetics plus lanky training, I presume.
I removed the weak branch, staked the main stem, and propped a stake alongside the secondary stem.
This is the first time I had to stake a plant.

20150627_194801-2.jpg

Unsexed breeder seed Salome was placed in the front left corner with a 13 month clone bucket wedged alongside.

20150627_1949481.jpg

Unsexed breeder seed 'Big Bertha' was placed in front of Salome

20150627_1950561.jpg

4x8' Flower room occupants are now 4 large girls under the left 600W HPS, (2x 6/27, 2x 6/09) and 2 large girls under the right 600W HPS(2x 5/12) with 5 small girls scattered throughout (5 x 5/12)

20150627_195410-1.jpg

Left View - Big Bertha and Delilah need a trim, I mentioned this to the family members growing them

20150627_203646.jpg

Center View - I stand on the Cookie Sheet

20150627_203628-1.jpg

Right View - Mostly Giselle with a stalk of Hani

20150627_203638.jpg

Back
Top Bottom