Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

Flower room - deficiencies showing.

My biggest girl, Giselle, one month in 12/12, is showing deficiencies on 6-7 leaves. I'm surprised, since she is in CC mix living organic soil. She is a 4x3' girl in a 10-gal pot, so the soil should be providing her needs. I had let the SWICK dry out, and then, for the first time in several weeks, added water without PH Down. Tomorrow morning, I will fill the SWICK with PH adjusted water and see if the leaf spotting stabilizes.

The White Widow and Caramelicious clones, one year old in 5-gal buckets of normal soil, are showing stronger deficiencies. This is not surprising as I have not fed them nutes in over a month. I'll give them 2/3 the recommended Bio-Bloom nutes. This should help them out. The poor clones were worried over for so long, and now with other girls growing much stronger, have been neglected. They are trying their best to flower like the loyal girls they are.

Giselle's canopy. 1 month after switch to HPS at 12/12,

20150613_131448.jpg

One of Giselle's deficient leaves

20150613_131403-1.jpg

Caramelicious Sassy - growing popcorn

20150613_131323-1.jpg

Nutrient deficiency after weeks of a water only diet.

20150613_131329-1.jpg

I'll feed her, and the other 'standard' soil girls tomorrow.

I'm really surprised by this Rad. What could be the cause of this? Hmmmmm. There should be no deficiency concerns with this soil. I'm going to have to think about this one. Maybe ask around on BlueJay's no-till, because PH doesn't apply with LOS. That's just science. Let me gather information and see what I can uncover for you.

Yay! Rado's still sharing his grow :) just peeking in hope I'm not intruding... you were at the top of my sub list. I missed so much. It's great to see you're still sharing your lovely grow and personality! Those leaves look a lot like my old mutant Corleone Kush#2... It happened in what I thought was great organic soil too sooo.. maybe genetic? low stress tolerance? Maybe some misbalance in the soil? Idk. Just throwing it out there, I'm guessing you're using some LOS/organics/high brix, something like that mix by now? Sorry I'll have to catch up...

Hope you're doing very well Rado much love for you and your awesome household. :circle-of-love: :) ttyl!

Yay! Rado's still sharing his grow :) just peeking in hope I'm not intruding... you were at the top of my sub list. I missed so much. It's great to see you're still sharing your lovely grow and personality! Those leaves look a lot like my old mutant Corleone Kush#2... It happened in what I thought was great organic soil too sooo.. maybe genetic? low stress tolerance? Maybe some misbalance in the soil? Idk. Just throwing it out there, I'm guessing you're using some LOS/high brix, something like that mix by now? Sorry I'll have to catch up...

Hope you're doing very well Rado much love for you and your awesome household. :circle-of-love: :) ttyl!

Intruding....my god girl, I'm tickled as (expletive redacted) that your are posting again !

OK, now that I've said that, I'll read the rest of your post.

Since you are catching up, no meed to back up, let me find recent pictures to summarize ...

Late Veg area, Fabric pots in 7 and 10 gallon sizes rotate between Late Veg (6 plants) and flower area (8-10 plants.)

20150609_205732-1.jpg

Early Veg, little plants of various ages (as old as 11/1) wait to go into Late Veg.
Note the perlite and water reservoir called a SWICK that sits under my pots in all 3 areas

20150607_171724.jpg

Hawaiian Skunk 'Hani' showing good trichomes after 28 days in flowering room.

20150608_222247-1.jpg

Mystery Breeder Seed 'Giselle' 4' high, 3' wide in flower. August will be my first harvest in a year.

20150603_223959-1.jpg

Yay! Rado's still sharing his grow :) just peeking in hope I'm not intruding... you were at the top of my sub list. I missed so much. It's great to see you're still sharing your lovely grow and personality! Those leaves look a lot like my old mutant Corleone Kush#2... It happened in what I thought was great organic soil too sooo.. maybe genetic? low stress tolerance? Maybe some misbalance in the soil? Idk. Just throwing it out there, I'm guessing you're using some LOS/organics/high brix, something like that mix by now? Sorry I'll have to catch up...

I'm growing in Clackamus Coot mix (Living Organic Soil) from build a soil, I have not been doing much except watering, and not working hard at that job. :) I totally respect Doc Bud's High Brix. It may be THE BEST system out there. But ... I'm a too much of a space cadet to actually follow a schedule like he suggests.

The girls may be showing stress. I turned off the lights to do a flash photo shoot at 10 minutes before lights out earlier this week (Wed?) I didn't turn the lights back on until 9 hours into the next 12 hour day - making for a 3 hour day. That's the kind of space cadet behaviour that can really mess up a flowering. I'm still expecting 3+ oz out of Giselle in early August. :)

The family is good, green plants outside and warm weather really help :)

I'm growing in Clackamus Coot mix (Living Organic Soil) from build a soil, I have not been doing much except watering, and not working hard at that job. :) I totally respect Doc Bud's High Brix. It may be THE BEST system out there. But ... I'm a too much of a space cadet to actually follow a schedule like he suggests.

My biggest fear playing with the kit Rad. LOS made me lazy. I'm hoping I can keep up with all that scheduling. Exciting soil to be in, so I'm going to do my best.

Spring has Sprung in RadoLand!
Congrats on the new rig. I don't think the fan flush w/the screen will affect CFM much.

Have you seen any signals of Change, Rado?
Love and respect

In-line fan on 24 hr/day, humidity today (rained all day) was 81-82% in the veg room. 55-58% in the flower room. It is louder than first install.
I can live with that while I go away on vacation Thursday.

got my 6 in inline fixed today and put back in room waitting a couple of hrs to see if temps change

got my 6 in inline fixed today and put back in room waitting a couple of hrs to see if temps change

I'm not too happy with my $30 6" in-line big hardware store unit. It will do for now, but I may need to get a $100+ Can-fan, Hurricane, or other professional quality fan. The can-fan in my flower room has been rock solid for over a year.

The $30 "duct" fan is great for intake. That's what I use for my 8x4' tent. I have a 450CFM fan to exhaust my light heat and move the air in the tent. For exhaust you need to move a lots of air. Duct fans will not do the job. IMHO

Thanks. Makes sense.

I ony want this for humidity.
I need to check wher humidity goes in the air column indoors, high up or near the floor.

Standard leaf cannibalizing in flower?? Is this referring to the yellowing during flower or something else?

Yes. I was thinking of the yellowing of fan leaves during flower.

I don't think my roots are big enough to feed this large of a plant when it gets hungry, so the buds are taking what they need from the fan leaves.

The girls are vegging/flowering at a steady pace.
The two newest in the flowering room have not yet shown sex.

Giselle's "nutrient deficient" leaves now look like standard leaf cannabalizing in flower.

20150614_193546-1.jpg

So I can stop trying to chase down some obscure reason to explain a deficiency in a soil known for growing without any fears of deficiencies?

Whew! I'm ok with that. :laughtwo::green_heart:

So I can stop trying to chase down some obscure reason to explain a deficiency in a soil known for growing without any fears of deficiencies?

Whew! I'm ok with that. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Yeah.

I was not happy to see the normal yellow leaf cannabalizing this early, but I have been reading an epic thread from Doc Bud and I don't think I did a very good job wih root development.

In early veg, I had inconsistent watering, and over watering so I don't think I encouraged enough roots.

When transplanting from early veg, there is a second issue I can see it better in the SmartPots ...,

The 1 gallon root ball is not 'sticking' to the surrounding 10-gal pot soil. If I had scored the rootball when transplanting, it would have done a better job of spreading out in the 10-gal pot.

Giselle has THICK stalks and has about 6 times the total mass of plants my first grow- yet I believe she has less root mass than the 5-gal pots of my first grow.
I believe the thick stalks allow transport of nutrients within the plant better than the smaller roots allow transport into the plant.

That is my working theory - especially since the 75% smaller girl in flower for the same time shows no symptoms.

Genetics also play into it, and Giselle's genetics are unknown but probably closer related to the White Widow of my first grow (90% of leaves yellowed and dropped during flower) than the Hawaiian Skunk of Hani in flower. From leaf shape to plant shape to aroma, Giselle seems similar to the White Widow strain from the same breeder.

I learned so much from that I was speechless for a moment. Be prepared for the next run in this pot to develop those roots more quickly. You've been watching my Cheese Candy.

I'm also heartened that she still developed such a high volume of plant material. Don't you wish we had some way to look into the soil to gauge root development? How cool would that be. :laughtwo:

Oh you sweet wizard thank you for summarizing for me! I'd say sorry for the trouble if I didn't love it so much.. :) WOW you've got your hands full now! What a turn around from when I dropped off the 420 planet. Giselle looks stunning! What thick stems! Maybe you're right about the roots not being able to keep up with the kicked up uptake those probably are telling the plant it will be getting.. an interesting theory :hippy:

- I also had that issue with smartpots when transplanting a well balled-up root system into them, I will definitely be scoring the roots more when doing that. Thanks!

I'm glad that it seems like more normal flowering to you now on Giselle. :) And wow look at all those other plants vegging out. I hope that snowcap does great for you, I loved that strain at dispensaries. I'm back on board for this grow Rado sorry for the previous abandonment! :circle-of-love: - oh by the way I just started a new journal I hope you'll come by! :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom