Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

Stop lying to him Magic!

SDM​

Borderliner Bowie was declared dry today, 2 oz (57.3g)

20150917_195601-1.jpg

The stems will be chew toys for the rats

20150917_195610-1.jpg

Making VG tincture. This 3 cup batch reaches a max temperature of 145 F. The 3/4 cup batches were in the 165-180 F range, so this may not work well.

20150916_104545-1.jpg

Hawaiian Skunk Hani clone died. I have a copy of Hani in the flower room, so I will try a flowering clone in this new daisy cloner. I'll take clones of a few other girls ready to go into flower in next two weeks.

20150913_170237-1.jpg

I saw two spider mites in one web today (2 days since last neem spray.)
I mixed up anoher 1% solution of neem (10 ml per quart) and sprayed all girls except the remainder of breeder seed Big Bertha, due for harvest this weekend.

Congratulations on your dried harvest Radogast. Your new cloner looks great.

Well done Rad. :bravo: Having fun? :laughtwo:

Great job Rado! We I was younger I used to keep rats as chew toys for snakes, looking back I don't think I could do that again. I guess I was kind a sadistic kid.

kind of ironic, 5 mins ago I said in my journal that I was thinking about making one of those new-fangled cloning machines.

Well done Rad. :bravo: Having fun? :laughtwo:

I vacillate between pleasure looking at multiple jars of multiple strains harvested, and panic that the next plant, or the next plant will not survive the spider mites in the flower room. Oh, and add in worry because I seem not to be able to veg clones anymore.

20150918_231713-1.jpg

Great job Rado! We I was younger I used to keep rats as chew toys for snakes, looking back I don't think I could do that again. I guess I was kind a sadistic kid.

kind of ironic, 5 mins ago I said in my journal that I was thinking about making one of those new-fangled cloning machines.

Silly me :oops: I posted a picture of the new cloner, set to go into action this weekend, over there on your thread, totally forgetting you had just seen the photo over here on my thread. I wonder if the test smoke of Bowie affected my judgement. No real harm done. The family is safe at home and we have a weekend starting :)

Im with Bapple. That is a yummy picture. I think it should be up for picture of the month..if there were such a thing. The thought will have to count this time, I guess. :)

Very cool, Radogast. :blushsmile:

My first thought was...

Oh look, Radogast is attempting to make a MMJ lava lamp!

:hippy:

Looks good my friend. Congratz on the harvest.

:laugh::laugh::winkyface:

I went back to the small size and am processing in 2 batches.

20150920_093134-1.jpg

The first batch is done. (It's not as dark as the photo, more of a honey color. - The previous batch was as dark rootbeer as this photo.)

- -

Today's garden To Do:
Neem spray for mites and mite prevention :green_heart:
It's sunday, feed the worms :morenutes:

Repot from early veg into two 10 gal pots (Bowie reveg failed + Big Bertha harvest) :yummy:

Rad, do you vape that tincture? I know some people use glycerin to make vape juice.

No vaping this, except as an ingredient in a kinikinik. The THC doesn't get activated (without oil, or some other reason.) The CBD amount is too small to be worth vaping.

Mostly this is used as a syrup for coffee sweetening - a teaspoon is a useful sized dose. Secondarily 3-5ml squirted under the toungue (less than a tsp.)

P.S. I tried vape juice, but it clogs the wick after about 10ml of use. It's more a flavor or a homeopathic dosage than a medicine.

Flowering room down to two plants White Widow(WW) and Hawaiian Skunk (HWS)

Veg room has 2-5 ready to graduate into the flowering room within 2-5 weeks.

White Widow Bellatrix (left) is at 7.5 weeks of flower, Hawiian Skunk Hani (on 5 gal bucket, right) is at 3.5 weeks.

20150920_113618-1.jpg

The 1+ ounces of Bella bud

20150920_113626-1.jpg

HKS Hani has wide green leaves again and is mostly mite free. I forced branching, unlike her mom.

20150920_113703-1.jpg

WW Bella has thin yellowing leaves like her mother and grandmother. She grew real airy. Still not as pretty or dense as her grandmother (my first grow.)

20150920_113712-1.jpg

Take that, mites. I don't like foxtailing, but she needs another 3 weeks.

20150920_113636-1.jpg

Early veg - repotting day.

White Widow Bellatrix (Gen 3, left) and Denise (Gen 2,right) in a shared pot.

20150920_122208.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies Monique

20150920_122216-2.jpg

All these girls were held too long in small pots to save their genetics - but I am down to 5 small pots from over 10 small pots in July.

20150920_122224.jpg

In Late Veg, the T5 light is hanging at the recommended height for the Flowering Room. When they hit it, it is either top, supercrop, or raise the lights.

I will graduate 2-5 of these in 1-4 weeks. 2 of these teenagers are potential males

20150920_122246.jpg

Turned on splash cloner.

I don't know what they call these daisy bucket cloners, but since the roots are watered by splashed water, I'm calling it a splash cloner.

With the water turned on, the splash sound is audible outside the room. I am having the annual furnace maintenance on Wednesday, so I am modifying the appearance of things. Most of the 10 cubic feet of soil and soil amendments in bags was moved to a far side of the basement. Dusty small pots and potting bench are waiting for next spring. Most larger plastic pots went into the trash. Sweeping and shop vacuuming still in progress.

Splash cloner will be turned off on Wednesday morning to protect the tender ears of the furnace maintenance man.
(No clones before Wednesday. I have a few candidates in Late Veg and Hani in flower.)

The 8-inch vortex style in-line fan will be turned off to tone down the jet fighter soundscape.
(Normally I wouldn't, but with only one 600-Watt HPS turned on, I can skip a little cooling. )

The doors will be locked and light baffling in place against light leaks.

8-slot splashing daisy cloner

20150920_124321-1.jpg

It came with a packet of cloning gel, instructions, water treatment packs, a scoop.

20150920_124720-1.jpg

One 1/10 tsp scoop for each A, B, C.

20150920_124448-1.jpg

No vaping this, except as an ingredient in a kinikinik. The THC doesn't get activated (without oil, or some other reason.) The CBD amount is too small to be worth vaping.

Mostly this is used as a syrup for coffee sweetening - a teaspoon is a useful sized dose. Secondarily 3-5ml squirted under the toungue (less than a tsp.)

P.S. I tried vape juice, but it clogs the wick after about 10ml of use. It's more a flavor or a homeopathic dosage than a medicine.

I just spoke with a friend who makes and sells vape juices, and he said apparently you can vape it but you need a RDA tank...one of those ones where you drip the juice over the coils. This stuff is all new to me!

Back
Top Bottom