Radogast: Grow Big Or Go Home

This sounds exciting!
Good luck with your new adventure. I’d like to tag along....
I'll pull up a chair, if dats ok. Cant wait to see what you come up with. I'd love to grow that big, this will be a good one.

Welcome The Phantom, PGA Caddie, and Ycfro.

It is exciting, adventurous, and more than a little daunting to size up from my previous high of a single 10 plant flower room. Startup will be slow: putting in a new floor over the concrete floor, upgrading the building power capacity to handle the electrical load, adding roof vents and reshingling will slow things down a touch :)

I could have waited to start the journal, but I enjoy the opportunity to suck up as much grow and construction advice as is generously offered here on :420:

Hey Magnus! Great to see you again.

That is the same phrase the builder used when they finished bulding my Arizona house: WELCOME HOME!
Wow! An Arizona house... Where is it in Arizona? Is it your primary residence or do you rent it out for short duration like a week or two?

I'm curious because I'm planning on taking some kind of vacation once my inheritance comes in later this year. But even with the inheritance I dont want to spend too much money for my vacation. But I would definitely like to go SOMEwhere and Arizona has long been on my list of places in North America to see.

I am also thinking of a road trip travelling the Alaska Highway with Greta - in summer of course.

Other contenders are a French road trip combining maybe a sightseeing tour of the Gaudi masterpieces. Or possibly India. I have a close Indian friend who really wants me to come and visit.

So those are all the ideas I now have for possible vacations when my money finally comes in.

Unfortunately there is not a lot of money in the estate so my choices are really limited and there are things I need much more than a vacation. Like a home of my own, even if it is a trailer (but I'd rather own a very small house with a basement in it). And a hot tub. I desperately need a hot tub to try to curb some of this pain. With the onset of the fibromyalgia I am now in constant pain especially my shoulders, elbows and biceps. A hot tub would do wonders for both my fibro and my back pain. A hot tub, then, despite what most of you may be thinking, is much more of a necessity rather than a desire for good times. I'll be in that thing at least three times a day I bet.

But I digress...

So do you ever rent out your Arizona home for a week or so (affordably)? That would be the kind of vacation I might actually be able to afford!

No problem if you dont. We all still love you anyway!

:rofl:

All my best,
~Magnus

popcorn with grade AA butter, goes with anything. :headbanger:

Your endeavor, This was the first thing/thread I thought of.....
a dead thread, but has some great info about doing a no compromise and I trust the source absolutely.
No compromise build

Thanks :reading420magazine: I remember SmokeyMcFly :bongrip:

Sounds familiar - what's the long name?

I went direct to China. The folks at Shenzhen Meijiu lighting were great. Very knowledgeable and responsive.
I think Miss Kitty has moved on, but I'm certain her replacement will be equally helpful.
You hit them thru Alibabba... kind of an Amazon for products from China.

I've done bare wall and painted wall veg, painted wall and panda plastic wall flower, and not noticed a difference.

I went with that silver bubble wrap material. I think it's called Reflectix. Give you light reflection and a good insulation value.

You hit them thru Alibabba... kind of an Amazon for products from China.

I did get some QB’s from Ali, (Kingbrites) In all honesty I like them but I also have a BudgetLED 500w Series 3. The Plants under the BudgetLED are growing far superior to the others IMO. Just an observation though. They are all in the same environment as each other. Just under different lights.

:passitleft:

Here. I don't smoke much.

I went with that silver bubble wrap material. I think it's called Reflectix. Give you light reflection and a good insulation value.
Reflectix R21 insulation - It's in the plan!

Hey Rado! Good to see you again. :bongrip:

I'm getting a busted link clicking on your current journal

Speaking of which, what's the pathway to find journals a person is following on 420?

Wow! An Arizona house... Where is it in Arizona? Is it your primary residence or do you rent it out for short duration like a week or two?

I desperately need a hot tub to try to curb some of this pain. With the onset of the fibromyalgia I am now in constant pain especially my shoulders, elbows and biceps. A hot tub would do wonders for both my fibro and my back pain. A hot tub, then, despite what most of you may be thinking, is much more of a necessity rather than a desire for good times. I'll be in that thing at least three times a day I bet.

All my best,
~Magnus
Arizona house was in my distant past. Beautifully landscaped with a low maintenance kidney shaped pool with a waterfall. It actually looked like a resort in the back yard with the misters around the covered patio.... I sold it when I moved to the East coast.

Have you used a hot tub for your fibromyalgia? My wife did a hot water jacuzzi tub for awhile but it didn't seem to help. A Keto style diet with zero nightshade family vegetables(No tomoato, potato, chile pepper, etc) does a lot to reduce her fibro pain.

direct from China shipping makes me nervous

Well... it was a concern for me as well. I got over the concerns when I saw the cost difference between a US vendor selling what they bought from China, versus going direct to the source.
In the end, the shipping was quick and easy. Now... getting your credit card company to allow a purchase from China.... well, that's a whole nuther thing.

They're advertising the " Samsung top bin lm301B"
I'm not sure we can just blindly apply those words all the vendors in China.

The boards I got were Samsung LM301B but the RSPEC are Epistar not OSRAM. Which I believe over 10 000 hours lose 23% efficiency vs Osram which apparently lose 3%.

getting your credit card company to allow a purchase from China
Ali uses TradeAssurance for the transaction, shouldn’t be an issue anymore. With that being said I stand by my original statement. My plants seem to grow better under the BudgetLED and if money wasn't an issue that’s the route I would take.

Arizona house was in my distant past. Beautifully landscaped with a low maintenance kidney shaped pool with a waterfall. It actually looked like a resort in the back yard with the misters around the covered patio.... I sold it when I moved to the East coast.

Have you used a hot tub for your fibromyalgia? My wife did a hot water jacuzzi tub for awhile but it didn't seem to help. A Keto style diet with zero nightshade family vegetables(No tomoato, potato, chile pepper, etc) does a lot to reduce her fibro pain.
In fact I have not tried a hot tub for my fibro pain. I just thought with the way I feel so much pain all the time now that I was sure a hot tub would help. It certainly helps with my back. I thought it would do the same for my shoulders and arms which is where I feel the greatest pain.

I've been thinking of researching diet more. One of the problems with attacking it with food is that most good food costs quite a bit of cash. I eat, unfortunately, a very poor diet. I mean financially poor which translates as nutritionally poor. Way too much carbohydrates and very little meat and slmost no veggies. It's not the way I like to eat but I do like to feel full after eating. I just dont have the money to eat veggies.

Also, I can only go food shopping once per month so most fresh veggies are out because they spoil before too long. Usually, the last week or 1.5 weeks of every month I have no food left so I just dont eat at all during the ends of months.

So with a regimen like that it will be hard to deal with it through food but I do agree that that is the best way to deal with an auto immune illness like fibromyalgia.

Hope your wife is doing well.

All my best,
~Magnus

Back
Top Bottom