Radogast's 2018 Basement Adventure

From SnowHigh the breeder. Named it after trying it first time. You get a good sativa leaner and it's pretty strong. Took me a while to get used to it . A little goes a long way and a lot gets you flying.

This one has some weird terpines that we don't usually see in cannabis and a good bit of them. It's one of the strains VERY high in terpine content like 3-5% content which is a lot.
Don't notice it until I was trimming and accidentally mixed in a branch of the DT I had hanging for a test bud and trimmed the test nugs at same time I was trimming Chemdawg... Woah... wait... completely different ... has menthol eucalyptus and pine sol all mixed together with little funk mixed in. Sweetens up after a little cure.

Supposed to be best after 3 month but I get impatient waiting.

Thanks for the educational moment !

I'm looking forward to my first sample :)

Today was a (Brix) foliar spray day, so I took photos of the flower area.

These aren't my proudest looking plants, more like steps on the comeback trail :)

Oldest First

High Brix Lilly (25x25x25") 3 weeks in flower

Lilly canopy - Lilly has naturally sativa droopy leaves. This is perky for a Lilly.

Lilly buds are ready for (HiBrix) cationic drench next time I water

Hempy Carnival (20x21x20") 3 weeks in flower

Hempy Guawi (13x18x13") 2 weeks in flower

Guawi buds are just starting - She doesn't take up much space

HiBrix Carnival (25x25x25") 1 week in flower

She really need a lower bush trim. This should be better for bud production.

Carnival Canopy

The leaves are a little small for a Carnival, but they seem happy. The trim should direct more energy up to the canopy.

GL I 'myself' tend to stay with that forgiving thing called soil............ I've done afew hydro, both active and passive,,, to many problems can arise trying to be father nature. Most problems,, were my fault. Least more than I want to think about anymore. Looks like you've had afew... GL with getting them back on a good foot. They are pretty plants. And it is a weed and will recover from most things...

GL and Keepem Green

It's all coming together! Very nice! I hear about your business problems and I feel you. No way you can take these bastards in their trenches you have to change the front. Well at least you got a lease. I hope that different location is not gonna affect your start-up.

I look forward to the day when farmers can farm cannabis. Imagine driving between fields of 12' cannabis plants.

And of course, Cannabis growing in every other greenhouse and back yard vegetable garden.

Oh I totally wanna smell up my living space with the goodness. Houseplant action!

GL I 'myself' tend to stay with that forgiving thing called soil............ I've done afew hydro, both active and passive,,, to many problems can arise trying to be father nature. Most problems,, were my fault.

Don't make me send you a PVC hempy pot pre-layered with Osmo and perlite.

It's all coming together! Very nice! I hear about your business problems and I feel you. No way you can take these bastards in their trenches you have to change the front. Well at least you got a lease. I hope that different location is not gonna affect your start-up.

The different location is better. The first location was larger and better for one of the team, because they could do better promotion there. The latest location is less expensive and architecturally more interesting on the inside, so less in startup costs and ongoing costs. MUCH better landlord and slightly better location due to a new resort hotel being built 3 blocks away - but location doesn't matter much to our business. As the Greek wholesaler/retailer next door says "they come to my location, because noone else sells what I sell." We are also set up to become the destination people come to, rather than the shop they wander into. --- Kind of like a grow supply house - it doesn't matter if they are the 2 miles away or 10 miles away, when you need a new fan, light, or nutrients in a hurry, you drive to wherever they are.

GL I 'myself' tend to stay with that forgiving thing called soil............ I've done afew hydro, both active and passive,,, to many problems can arise trying to be father nature. Most problems,, were my fault. Least more than I want to think about anymore. Looks like you've had afew... GL with getting them back on a good foot. They are pretty plants. And it is a weed and will recover from most things...

GL and Keepem Green

Don't make me send you a PVC hempy pot pre-layered with Osmo and perlite.

I'll have one ready to mail in a couple of months - buckets and buckets of used perlite too :)

Going to be alittle scary when they start growing large hemp fields. It 'might' put a damper on outdoor grows. Will everything get pollinated with hemp?
Maybe this shit will work
Introducing Mother Superior
Interesting. Where do I get seeds? Of course it's clone only.
GL and Keepem Green

Today

Cut a new clone off a Guawi
Planted a revegging Carnival clone in soil (to replace the clone gone to flower)
Harvested chopstick sized Lilly

Not much, but I did my part for 4/20

Going to be alittle scary when they start growing large hemp fields. It 'might' put a damper on outdoor grows. Will everything get pollinated with hemp?
GL and Keepem Green

Sterile female clone only strains is probably a neccesary move for future outdoor grows.
They may also develop a sterilizing spray - similar to how colloidal silver affects the sexual expression of females.

The best solution would probably be to grow only female hemp plants.

Speaking of scary ....

Five years ago, I lived very close to Boston. I went through a tense week and wrote this facebook post
Facebook post from 5 years ago said:
Today is the first day since the Boston Marathon that I feel stable enough to really be on facebook. The initial impact of the bombings was blunted for me as I was sitting at home with a fever from Saturday though Wednesday. I was still regaining my strength when the freshly employed MIT policeman, in IT nerd who wanted to be a cop, a young man who had found his dream job as a cop at a world famous nerd college, was slain. The wife immediately suggested that there was a connection with the Boston Marathon bombings. Thus began 24 hours of tense watchfulness.

Those 24 hours where we were all told to stay in our homes to help the police in their door-to-door manhunt were a HUGE strain. I feel great compassion for Dzokhar. From all the descriptions of his friends, family and even acquaintances, there was a terrible force exerted upon his mind to twist it to this act of cruel violence.

I was in fear that my two friends, Scott Hart and Trang, who live about 3 blocks away from where Dzokhar's brother was shot down, would be caught in the crossfire of a shootout. Instead, during a moment of pause for the SWAT team members searching their neighborhood, one of them returned with a co-worker to show him the awesome robot collection mounted on their wall. During a long, methodical, tense search there was time for joy to be shared.

My contribution to the search was that of most of my neighbors. I watched the progress on TV, seeing the businesses I ride past on the bus on my daily commute, the cemetery at the corner where I turn to drive up the hill when returning from Best Buy at the Watertown Mall where we plan to buy our next phones real soon, Watertown mall across from Arsenal Mall where we used to go for Old Navy clothes and Home Depot, Both malls now filled with thousands of public safety officers and their cars, watching on TV the tense door-to-door searches near Strip T's restaurant where I keep meaning to eat (for over 4 years), watching photos and comments on facebook from other friends within the 1-2 mile radius.

After a very tense night when the doors were locked (including the basement door) and I slept for 4 hours, the first warm day of spring arrived. The day in which we would usually throw open the back door and windows to welcome the spring air into our flat was spent in lockdown. I wanted to take the family away from the drama and the tension, to hop into the jeep and head for the woods, to cleanse ourselves in the arms of nature. But we stayed at home with the doors locked trying not to panic.

When the wind blew down the garbage can of our neighbors from France, we had to investigate. When the squirrels or wind rattled the porch screens, we had to peer through a window to see if a dangerous killer had arrived. Every sound was a potential threat. The garbage cans were uncollected. The street parking was almost empty (usually full for blocks by 7am on a Friday.) When 2 men in their 20s walked on the sidewalk, we speculated they were doing an undercover sweep. When cars passed on the street, we observed the patterns of unmarked cars followed by local police or a Belmont cruiser leading a train of 3-8 civilian cars in a convoy. When emergency vehicles sped by at high speed we speculated.

Along with the seesaw tensions of remaining vigilant to potential danger there were the seesaw emotions of the news reports on TV. Both of us love CSI and detective dramas, so we tried to smother our emotions in the technical details of the search and the evolving stories, but I didn't want to be here. I wanted to be away from the danger, but I also wanted to trust Governor Patrick, Mayor Menino, and others that the best thing to do was follow instructions and stay inside. I did sit on the porch and watch the bird feeder for an hour, and take small breaks from the TV, but as responsible parents, we felt the need to keep ourselves informed. We were a mile from the last known location of the object of the most formidable manhunt on Massachusetts history.

Last night, with Dzokhar captured, we were able to step outside and breathe the fresh air. We were able experience the constitutional promise of the pursuit of happiness. While typing this, I experienced the joyful sound of the garbage truck as the neighborhood returned to normal.

I feel selfish for ignoring the flooding that affects my friends in Illinois, Indiana and other places. I feel selfish for ignoring the tragedy of the explosive fire in West, Texas. I feel blessed that today we can go to the woods or Mt. Auburn cemetery and spend time with the robins and the trees.

Some events can really leave trails of tears in our lives.
Wise folks might realize that the gumbo of life needs to have some kick in it. Without some down, we wouldn't recognize up.
These sorts of events can change us. Personally, I actually shed tears when I see the pile of stuff outside a gutted house. Not if there's a dumpster involved, but if it's just a pile outside the house, the trigger occurs.
Meh!

So... what's this?

Doesn't seem to be eating the plant, so I'm guessing it's diet is different.

GL and Keepem Green
Yea, I've been looking at the pending hemp market and thinking the same thing. Outdoor grows are going to be tough. I've got to think your crop will be saturated by seeds if you're anywhere near a hemp field.

I've been busy with the wife's store.
Met the plumber at the store today (we are having sink and dishwasher plumbing added to the unit) so had time to do detailed wall measurements - Then went to a large auction that lasted 5 hours, came home with all we could carry with stuff for the store, from games to gargoyles to Yule decorations - so spent our first full day working for the store without having the keys yet - we get the keys May 1st.

I glanced in on the cannabis girls and they are doing fine

Environmentals have been steady - I like the numbers but am open to suggestions

Tiny harvest from the hempy that went to flower in veg - should be good for 2 bowls or so :)

16 days ago, I placed these 3 girls into 7 gallon pots. I have not watered them since planting. They are starting to dry out, but I want to take these all the way to wilting dry to encourage the roots to totally populate their new pots in search of water. I took a suggestion from another journal and added about a pint of water to the top of the soil - just enough to encourage roots to grow near the surface. Once the girls start focussing on growing flowers they will be too distracted to grow roots, so I'm trying to maximize root growth before flowering starts. I'm hoping one wet to dry cycle will be enough to grow magnificent roots and those magnificent roots will drive epic flowering - one can dream.

Ace Haze x Kali China, Delicatessen Lilly, and Ace Guawi growing roots before flowering starts in earnest :)

Some events can really leave trails of tears in our lives.
Wise folks might realize that the gumbo of life needs to have some kick in it. Without some down, we wouldn't recognize up.
These sorts of events can change us. Personally, I actually shed tears when I see the pile of stuff outside a gutted house. Not if there's a dumpster involved, but if it's just a pile outside the house, the trigger occurs.
Meh!

So... what's this?

Doesn't seem to be eating the plant, so I'm guessing it's diet is different.

I'm guessing a cobalt milkweed beetle which eats ........ :theband: ..... milkweed :rofl:

Hey there Rad ... G/L with the store.. only 1 more day!

Plants look happy and green...

The (3) plants in late veg are happy. Just waiting on 7-gallon pots to dry out to move them into the flower area.

It's a little cramped for the (5) early veg girls, but they get more space soon.

Picked up the keys to the store yesterday morning. The plumber is almost done adding drains and feeds for sink, dishwasher and RO. Yesterday we picked out cabinets and counter for said sink, dishwasher, trash can drawer, and mini-fridge. (9) chandeliers picked up from a big box store yesterday. I will be installing them today. Add paint, signs, and shelves and that's the main buildout.

The cabinets should be ready in about a month. The countertop and sink 2-3 weeks later - about the same times as my next 1 plant / 1 ounce harvests. I'm expecting a lot more out of the (3) next girls to enter the flower area.

Back
Top Bottom