Radogast's 2018 Basement Adventure

Phew! That went off to the races didn’t it!? I haven’t read any of those.
For the record, im not a boy and I actually quite like a good fight scene ( but granted maybe more The Matrix or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon kind of fight scene).

Time without a plant to tend is a bit tedious isn’t it..!? ... trying to get organised what I need to to get the next show on the road...

:Namaste:

I have loved and re-read all of the above series multiple times. I must suggest The Last of the Renshai trilogy by Mickey Zucker Reichert for any y'all who liked the Drizzt books. Was also a huge fan of The Dragon Riders of Pern books (awesome character development) and The 2 Sun Runner Trilogies by Melanie Rawn....and the Wheel of Time books go without saying.

Oh, awsome looking plants by the way :)

Definitely worth investing the time and effort into the series. Like Yeti says.....it changes a lot near the end (most of the main characters are no longer around etc) and it doesn't have the draw that the first 15-18 books have. The Cleric Quintet was great! Loved the character development he had with Ivan and Pikel Bouldershoulder! Those two dwarves were responsible for a lot of strange looks coming my way from me literally busting out laughing in airports and on planes and in restaurants.

Interesting thing about his charter series was how it came to be. The 1st book that was written is the 4th in the timeline. The main character of that book was supposed to be the barbarian but the dynamic nature of the supporting character made the author change everything he intended with the book. The book was met with such fanfare they wanted to know more about the "Drizzt". So books 1, 2, and 3 were written after 4, 5, and 6 and gave the story on how Drizzt came to be.

Reminds me of the sequence of Star Wars movies

Me too.
The Hobbit, Hmm. First time I read it I was forced to for a 'summer reading school work thing' when I was ~thirteen. I didnt want to, I had to. I loved it, I probably re-read it 2 more times before LoTR.
. . . I kept re-reading the same books and I thought the library was a place you hung out behind and smoked ciggys. I was such a punk, but a book-worm punk.
I think I got hooked on "series" books at about 18, someone gave me a bunch of Peirs Anthony, I forget which ones. Then I started to look for book that came in a series, I will pretty much read anything you give me. I just like story books.

I'd bet one of the 15 or so books in the Magic of Xanth trilogy. Libraries always seem to have those. The most scandalous words he uses in them is 'pink panties.'

Different than me :) The two novels I have written (for my own pleasure) are chock full of explicit sex :)

Today's Mail arrived with a pair of 600W HPS bulbs and a book written by a 420 member, Magnus8

I spent an entire summer under the influence of Robert Jordan. :D
I occupied a 6 month deployment to Iraq with Robert Jordan. I think I got 9 of his books read in that time (what do his run, about 1000 pages per book, I remember they were long). My only issue with Jordan is he just never wrapped anything up. It kept getting more in depth and deep and he had loose ends all over the place and then he died and someone else tried completing his work. I just couldn't get back into it after that. Great series early on! Forgot about that one for a while GT!

A question for Brix growers:

I've been feeding 2ml when I dunk a 1 gallon pot and 7ml when I top water a 7 gallon pot.

I was reading over in another journal, where doc recommended 2oz and 3oz for four 10 gallon pots. That is 56ml and 72ml divided four ways. 14ml and 21ml per 10 gallons of soil is a lot more than 7ml for 7 gallons of soil.

Am I drastically underfeeding my girls ?

The Bouldershoulder's definitely helped move the books along. Lots of comic relief. I had heard the 4th book had been writen first but did not know her also wrote the 5 and 6th before he went back to the beginning. I may go back to explore the world again at some point but have found other series to keep me busy. I can't think of his name but there is the other dark elf that shows up in the series that has his own series at this point. I think if I read more of his work it will be there that I start again.
That was Jarlaxle. I loved his character.

Honestly that series is one I have reread probably 6 times up until all the original characters were basically gone. I loved the main characters. I even liked that rhyming Dwarf with the twin morning stars. Can't remember his name though damn it. Now I am going to have to go back and reread it again LOL.

If you are ever bored, check out Bernard Cornwell. He writes a series that was made into a TV show called "The Last Kingdom". Check out the series on Netflix if you like the idiot box.....but I think the books were better. Its kind of a historical fiction of the Dane invasion of England back in the day (12th, 13th or 14th century? can't freaking remember LOL). So the characters are fictional but general story line is based of historical events. The just wrapped up filming the 3rd season for the BBC.

I wouldn't say that you've been drastically underfeeding, no. I grew all my plants with mostly 1/2 ml per soil gallon.

I also got a lot of mid bloom fade.

But we've doubled that dose, and now Doc regularly recommends very strong doses to fix issues. So I've been feeding at 1-2 ml per gallon, same as you. I think the main point is that you don't have to be concerned about dosing high. Except Tea, maybe not overdo Tea. In this latest batch of mine, I've seen some dark foliage, and I take that as a sign that they've had enough for now. Other than that I really haven't seen much difference.

That was Jarlaxle. I loved his character.

Honestly that series is one I have reread probably 6 times up until all the original characters were basically gone. I loved the main characters. I even liked that rhyming Dwarf with the twin morning stars. Can't remember his name though damn it. Now I am going to have to go back and reread it again LOL.
Yes Jarlaxle! Man it has been a while since I read the series i should go back and reread them. I know who you are talking about and I cant recall his name either. They introduced so many characters in the books it is hard to keep them all straight. I have also read so many books it is hard for me to keep track of who belongs to what series some times. I have started reading almost exclusively on my kindle the last few years. It makes reading in bed when i should be sleeping that much easier lol. I actually have all of the Drizzt books on it aside from the first one which I had borrowed from a co-worker when i read it.

Hey Rad. I've been giving 2ml per gal of soil with great results but at the same time I also dialed in my environment so that could have more to do with my better results. Also, with dunking, from the dark doc thread, I've been missing up about 30ml of drench + 5ml tea in 2.5-3 gallons of water for 4 or 5 plants. again, environment is better but these are the best veg girls I've grown, still a week left and they are large lush healthy girls with very good roots, docs said to drizzle a pint of water on top between drenches because the roots aren't going to the top.

Yes Jarlaxle! Man it has been a while since I read the series i should go back and reread them. I know who you are talking about and I cant recall his name either. They introduced so many characters in the books it is hard to keep them all straight. I have also read so many books it is hard for me to keep track of who belongs to what series some times. I have started reading almost exclusively on my kindle the last few years. It makes reading in bed when i should be sleeping that much easier lol. I actually have all of the Drizzt books on it aside from the first one which I had borrowed from a co-worker when i read it.
I actually have a notebook with all the characters in it with notes of books they appeared in and basic sub plots they are involved in. I also have the phonetic pronunciations of the names (and you know how tough that can be for the Drow characters and the underground rock gnomes. It was one of the ways I would keep the storyline and characters straight in my head as well keeping the happenings fresh in my mind.

He always released his books in October and I would get it as soon as it was released and read it that week. Then I would be shit out of luck for another year unless I was to reread the series.

I was going to do the notebook thing with a couple other of my favorite writers (Brad Thor and Vince Flynn.....both write great geo political thrillers that I just can't ever put down), but haven't gotten around to it.

I actually have a notebook with all the characters in it with notes of books they appeared in and basic sub plots they are involved in. I also have the phonetic pronunciations of the names (and you know how tough that can be for the Drow characters and the underground rock gnomes. It was one of the ways I would keep the storyline and characters straight in my head as well keeping the happenings fresh in my mind.

He always released his books in October and I would get it as soon as it was released and read it that week. Then I would be shit out of luck for another year unless I was to reread the series.

I was going to do the notebook thing with a couple other of my favorite writers (Brad Thor and Vince Flynn.....both write great geo political thrillers that I just can't ever put down), but haven't gotten around to it.
That is some dedication! I dig the idea of having the phonetic pronunciations written down. i do not know how many times I have read a characters name as one thing just to be told I had been reading it wrong lol. It is funny I have had an affinity for fantasy fiction since I was pretty young. I got sucked into the Wizard of Earthsea series in 6th grade and started reading the Harry Potter books. I have read a decent amount that spans the young adult fantasy fiction genre (which I will admit is something I still spend a good amount of time reading) . I have read an alright amount of "adult" fantasy fiction but it can get too in depth at times. I have enjoyed Brandon Mull's work. His Fablehaven series is pretty top notch imo. His other worlders series was really well done as well. The Fablehaven series introduces a lot of characters not typically seen in fantasy books and the humor makes the books fly by. I have been getting my son into reading a lot of the books I have read. He does not get nearly as into it as I do but he does seem to enjoy what I have him read even if he does not devour the material the way I do.

Thats too funny....we are reading the Fableheaven book with Ms Stanks boy. Good story so far. Really enjoying it and he seems to be enjoying it as well.

I guess my love of fantasy goes back to getting bit by the Dungeon and Dragons bug as kid in the 70s. Loved it and would probably still love it if I had access to a good group. I discovered Tolkien shortly after the D&D train was underway.

I never got into D&D. i have an older brothe rthat did not live with me growing up that was really into it. I did not have a group that was about it so it didn't happen for me. My mom was really into dragons and wizards and I would have to guess that is what got me into it. I was young when the merlin movie came out and I ate it up. Ended up reading a series about a young merlin and have since enjoyed many books about him and others that wield magic.

I wouldn't say that you've been drastically underfeeding, no. I grew all my plants with mostly 1/2 ml per soil gallon.

I also got a lot of mid bloom fade.

But we've doubled that dose, and now Doc regularly recommends very strong doses to fix issues. So I've been feeding at 1-2 ml per gallon, same as you. I think the main point is that you don't have to be concerned about dosing high. Except Tea, maybe not overdo Tea. In this latest batch of mine, I've seen some dark foliage, and I take that as a sign that they've had enough for now. Other than that I really haven't seen much difference.

Thanks I really appreciate that. I was freaking out.

Hey Rad. I've been giving 2ml per gal of soil with great results but at the same time I also dialed in my environment so that could have more to do with my better results. Also, with dunking, from the dark doc thread, I've been missing up about 30ml of drench + 5ml tea in 2.5-3 gallons of water for 4 or 5 plants. again, environment is better but these are the best veg girls I've grown, still a week left and they are large lush healthy girls with very good roots, docs said to drizzle a pint of water on top between drenches because the roots aren't going to the top.

My environment is dialed in to what I THINK is right.
Veg= 68-80F, 45-70% RH
Flower = 70-85F, 40-50% RH.

I'm sucking 1-2 gallons of humidity out of the flower tent each day and wondering if I shouldn't let the humidity go a little higher. I have two large fans on low and the exhaust fan cooling as needed, so I get good air flow.

I thought it was your thread where Doc has been giving so much specific advice.

The drizzle the top between waterings has really caught my attention and created intention. I'm starting to do that, but am inconsistent. I also saw how large he lets his girls get in a 1 gal, so also grabbing that advice from your thread :)

I was feeling bummed about my poor performance in flower, but when I went into the area to replace the bulb this morning the rails on the Carnival leaves in front were glistening in such an attractive way that I now feel much better :)

All this talk about reading... I love to read. Switched to mainly all science and non-fiction adventure/smuggling stories these last few years.

You folks running Doc's kit, what are you doing with the soil after you chop your plants? Leave the roots in the pot to decompose or ....??

Rad some plants take a little while to get going. I have a plant now that was nothing until day 50 of flower. Those Blue Dream I'm running now don't have hardly any trichomes @ 40 days. They will come around. Sometimes a little later that we like.

Back
Top Bottom