Radogast's 2018 Basement Adventure

:welcome:

Here's to 2018 being a great year for all growers!
:circle-of-love:

The first babies of the year, a few minutes ago, I snipped a pair of (4th generation) M.O.C. Carnival clones.

20180101_133919-1.jpg

When they grow roots, they will join their sisters in early veg - either in perlite or Hi-Brix soil.

20180101_132919-1.jpg

Since this is post #1 in the thread.. I'll ramble on a bit about my setup

The veg area is a 3x8' stall in a corner room in a 120 year old midwestern basement near the Mississippi river.
The floor is an OSB plywood panel nailed into 2x4 studs, on top of a poured concrete floor.
2 walls are thick red brick spray painted white. 1 wall is OSB panel and 2x4 studs. 1 wall is an OSB panel 'door' that I flop open to go in and out.

Open 'door' of the veg area showing 50 gallons of second run Hi-Brix soil soil cooking in a rain barrel

20171229_113142-1.jpg

The Veg area uses a single 4x4' CFL fixture to light early veg and late veg (transplanted) plants.

20171228_150750-1.jpg

Drying herb also hangs above the veg lights (Hi-Brix Ace Guawi - buds being weighed and jarred as I type.)

20171228_150818-1.jpg

In late veg, Ace Guawi in the 6" tube is suffering. Delicatessen Lily (back) is not much better. Carnival (front) is growing like a champ.

20180101_133002.jpg

The flower area is also a 3x8' stall with (2)OSB walls, a 3' Brick wall, and tilt forward OSB panel door.
I run two 600W HPS lights, a thermostatically controlled 6" exhaust fan and carbon filter for cooling, and a small ceramic heater.

20180101_133249-1.jpg

The two growing areas sit in a stone foundation, brick walled, concrete floor, unheated 15x30' basement room.
The room is full of old doors, sinks, and other old house parts.

High summer temperature in the basement reached 62F (16C.)
Outdoor temps are currently -5F (-20C) to 5F (-15C.) Today set a new record low basement temperate of 45F (7C.)

20180101_133214-1.jpg

The heater air intake runs near my flower area. I have a cold pipe near the ceiling. :)

20180101_130635.jpg

Heating and cooling inside the grow areas is simple and not too expensive.
Last night was the first time temps in the flower area dropped below 59F (15C) and it only dropped to 50F (10C)

20180101_132605-1.jpg

The heater is a dial type with no markings that was bumped last summer. I turned it to a warmer setting :)

I've been raising humidity in the veg area with lots of standing water. I'm going to start doing that in the flower area too.

:420:

The New Year finds me in a transition from Doc Bud's Hi-Brix soil growing to a blend of Hi-Brix soil and perlite hempy growing.

I was planning to switch from soil to perlite hempy for the winter, but as you can see, I am pretty much sucking at hempy nutrition. The only packaged nutes I have are osmocote+, a time release solid food and I don't feel like learning all those PH and nutrient deficiency things so many of you understand - so I'm cooking soil and should start planting in soil next month.

I'll keep growing in hempy the strains that look good in hempy - so far that is only Carnival.

:420:

First dry buds of the year, Ace Guawi, harvested 5 days ago. A true Sativa, she was 112 days of veg (from seed) and 93 days of flower.

Test buds - Yep, she is dry!

20180101_143004.jpg

20180101_143009.jpg

Ace Guawi - Time to clip the rest of her.

20180101_144034-1.jpg

20180101_144101-1.jpg

:welcome:

That's my first update in a new thread for a new year.

I hope we both enjoy the new thread.

Happy New Year Rad!......cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Ill be along for the ride Rad, Happy New Year :thumb:

Happy New Year Rad! I'm in.

:passitleft:

Happy New Year to all :party:

Look at me in the front row :) Cant wait to see what you do this year!

:peacetwo:

I'm going to try to grow good weed this year - but we will just have to wait and see !

So, the young lady trimmed the buds off the stems. She mostly filled a 9" brownie tray.

20180101_155820-2.jpg

Guawi weighed in at 97.9g. I put my virtual pinkie on the scale for the extra 0.1g and am calling it 3.5 oz

20180101_161129.jpg

No chance of a smoke report out of this bunch of stoners. They have several hours of wake and bake going on.
It's -3 degrees at 4 PM and I have 8 leftover cheeseburgers burgers and 5 leftover steaks from yesterday, so noone has to cook tonight.
Getting stoned and putting together a jigsaw puzzle seems like an eminently wise decision.

Not much taste (no cure yet.)

Smell is generic dank (no cure yet.)

Expando weed.

Creeper weed (I'm staring at this pciture a long time. I must be hecka high.)

Time to puzzle.

Happy New Year to all :party:

I'm going to try to grow good weed this year - but we will just have to wait and see !

So, the young lady trimmed the buds off the stems. She mostly filled a 9" brownie tray.

20180101_155820-2.jpg

Guawi weighed in at 97.9g. I put my virtual pinkie on the scale for the extra 0.1g and am calling it 3.5 oz

20180101_161129.jpg

No chance of a smoke report out of this bunch of stoners. They have several hours of wake and bake going on.
It's -3 degrees at 4 PM and I have 8 leftover cheeseburgers burgers and 5 leftover steaks from yesterday, so noone has to cook tonight.
Getting stoned and putting together a jigsaw puzzle seems like an eminently wise decision.

Not much taste (no cure yet.)

Smell is generic dank (no cure yet.)

Expando weed.

Creeper weed (I'm staring at this pciture a long time. I must be hecka high.)

Time to puzzle.

Dig the pipe. Is it a bubbler or is it a dry pipe?

Nice Rad! Looking forward to a great growing year ..

I'm glad to hear you seem to have gotten good and ripped off a Sativa. That's a nice haul on the Guawi :bravo:

I'm in, pulling up a deck chair (it's summer here folks so I'll try to radiate some heat over for ya'll!!) and my vape is almost in hand ...

Good, I caught a front row seat this time! :cheesygrinsmiley: :slide:

It was great seeing the detail on your rooms, Rado. You're putting out some might fine herb for your circumstances. :bravo:

Malawi x Guatemala, eh? Your description is close to what I thought it would be - a lot like Tikal, but probably a trippier buzz. I remember that "what? huh?" stage in the Tikal. :laugh:

3.5 zees? Way to go!

Dig the pipe. Is it a bubbler or is it a dry pipe?

It's a bubbler. Freshly cleaned. The smoke rolls in it, so my wife likes it for the first taste of a new strain.

I’m glad to hear you seem to have gotten good and ripped off a Sativa. That’s a nice haul on the Guawi :bravo:

I’m in, pulling up a deck chair (it’s summer here folks so I’ll try to radiate some heat over for ya’ll!!) and my vape is almost in hand ...

Sorry if I gave the impression I was smoking and high. --- I'm stone cold sober. as usual.
I'm going to be looking for a job this month, so I've been consciously staying away from toking.
Last time I remember smoking was when I was ill and I wanted a painkiller, thats been a couple of months now.

I've never looked for a job in this town, and a lot of them do a test.

I wonder how sensitive the tests are.

With me breathing second hand cannabis smoke and handling plants almost every day, I'm not sure I'd test clean, even without smoking.

It's a bubbler. Freshly cleaned. The smoke rolls in it, so my wife likes it for the first taste of a new strain.

Sorry if I gave the impression I was smoking and high. --- I'm stone cold sober. as usual.
I'm going to be looking for a job this month, so I've been consciously staying away from toking.
Last time I remember smoking was when I was ill and I wanted a painkiller, thats been a couple of months now.

I've never looked for a job in this town, and a lot of them do a test.

I wonder how sensitive the tests are.

With me breathing second hand cannabis smoke and handling plants almost every day, I'm not sure I'd test clean, even without smoking.

Nice! I am a huge fan of hammer pieces, though I prefer dry pieces to bubblers at this point. Best of luck with the job search and the test. I guess it will depend on how they do it but I know in the military they allow for a certain level of thc before they consider the person getting tested to have actually used cannabis. Whether the jobs will care if you actually partake or are just around it is probably a different story.

I finally found my way over here.

Navigation has been slow for me since they updated/messed up how the site displays for new years. It sucks having to constantly scroll side to side to be able to read anything.

Love your grow area. I'll be putting mine together at the new property in the coming weeks, tucked between two bathrooms and the kitchen in a dead area only accessible from the master bathroom.

It looks like you have enough girls in veg to have the flower area plenty full in a few weeks.

I finally found my way over here.

Navigation has been slow for me since they updated/messed up how the site displays for new years. It sucks having to constantly scroll side to side to be able to read anything.

Love your grow area. I'll be putting mine together at the new property in the coming weeks, tucked between two bathrooms and the kitchen in a dead area only accessible from the master bathroom.

It looks like you have enough girls in veg to have the flower area plenty full in a few weeks.

A man cave waiting to be utilized nice find. regards

Mr.G...if Yer on a puter...shrink yer browser display my 10%...100 to 90...that's whats I had to do for opera and firefox...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Thanks Hook. That helped some till the text got too small. lol

Maybe they will see what they've done sooner or later and fix it to display right again. I did it to the company website once and the boss found it. Took like thirty seconds to fix but his attitude lasted for days.

Yeah...I can live with it for now...but hated the side scrolling as well!...screwed up my speed dial on Opera...used to 4 across...now 5...no biggie, but as an ole fart...a creature of habit...LOLOOL...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:...so many peeps working off phones...I wish they would make a twenty inch laptop!...:rofl:

I'm glad to hear you seem to have gotten good and ripped off a Sativa. That's a nice haul on the Guawi :bravo:

I'm in, pulling up a deck chair (it's summer here folks so I'll try to radiate some heat over for ya'll!!) and my vape is almost in hand ...

You must be Australian aswell?

Back
Top Bottom