Radogast's Non-420 Garden Creation Thread

Excellent share Rad. :battingeyelashes:

I applaud somebody for posting something other than growing pot. Don't get me wrong; I'm glad someone's growing it ~ Otherwise I wouldn't get to smoke it. But 99% of what this site is is growing bud. This was a welcome change.

I had some times in New Orleans where I wanted to smoke Kinnikinnick in honor of spirits.
I made Vegetable Glycerin Kinnikinnick vape juice with various smoking herbs vaporized instead of smoking from a long pipe.
Worked like magic :)

20150817_091835.jpg

Nice, wondering where you've been. Anything you want to share I'm all ears. Looking to start vaping my own juice ;)

Welcome back buddy ;)

I applaud somebody for posting something other than growing pot. Don't get me wrong; I'm glad someone's growing it ~ Otherwise I wouldn't get to smoke it. But 99% of what this site is is growing bud. This was a welcome change.

Welcome Moonjet6, to the :420: community. This is Rad's thread, so he'll be along at some point but I just fell over you coming through the door and I'm compelled to greet new members. Yes, we're certainly all about the cultivation of top-quality cannabis, but we also like our other interests too. Please, take a moment and browse through the other off-topic threads available for members. The menu bar at the top of the page has a tab on the far left marked "Forums". If you click that you'll find another tab at the very bottom marked "Off Topic Forums". Be prepared to have some fun.

If we can be of any assistance as you learn your way around our virtual neighborhood, please let us know.

:Namaste:

My dreams of ornamental horticulture have downsized due to ignorance and inexperience --- but I enjoy the world, and the 420 folks are my favorite online community, so I love to post here and on other off-topic threads.

Welcome Moonjet6, to the :420: community. This is Rad's thread, so he'll be along at some point but I just fell over you coming through the door and I'm compelled to greet new members. Yes, we're certainly all about the cultivation of top-quality cannabis, but we also like our other interests too. Please, take a moment and browse through the other off-topic threads available for members. The menu bar at the top of the page has a tab on the far left marked "Forums". If you click that you'll find another tab at the very bottom marked "Off Topic Forums". Be prepared to have some fun.

If we can be of any assistance as you learn your way around our virtual neighborhood, please let us know.

:Namaste:

SweetSue really does look out for the new folks and others!

Thanks for stepping in here, it gave me a chance to do my second ever multiquote.

hang on - I have a new picture somewhere ...

Awhile ago, I found a sturdy, brown, rattan sofa free beside the road. No solid bottom or cushions. The same day, I found bunk beds and trimmed a low profile box springs into a base for the sofa cushions .. Then my wife did a paint job and coated with marine varnish..

New in the yard today !

20150830_112109.jpg

Side view - and yes my weed whacker is broken so the pathways are a mess :)

20150830_112647.jpg

Back view

20150830_112706.jpg

This setup will make more sense when I run power to a new pump and restart the waterfall

20150830_112718.jpg

There is nothin like an outdoors couch to veg in. looks cool and comfy.

The outdoor couch is a thing of wonder. Give her my thanks for beautifying another little slice of the world. It joust pops out there. Beautiful.

Thanks. My wife has already discovered she can see me lying down from the back door :)

must be time to reposition it then. lol

The last 2 days, driving 15 miles through the woods to the hospital, the autumn scenery has been SPECTACULAR.

Rocks in a cove on a lake with fall colors and pines behind.
Sunset reflected on the reservoir where the eagles congregate.
Two different town scarecrow displays.
Crows among the reds of the trees.

--all pictures while driving failed. :(

Today it is raining, so I just took snapshots from the porches:)

Mushrooms behind the holly tree (beside the front porch.)

20151008_152631-1.jpg

20151008_152648-1.jpg

Leaves changing and falling in the back yard

20151009_144505-1.jpg

20151009_144512.jpg

Autumn Leaves

I've barely stepped outside this last week. Mostly just quick trips to toss peanuts to the crows and blue jays (when they ask nice.)

I've been so mad at last winter, and then the first time in a long time my wife and I "chilled" in the yard, the hammock sling broke and destroyed her ankle. So I dunno how happy I am, but the leaves are darn purty.

20151018_093325-1.jpg

20151018_093342-1.jpg

20151015_080021-1.jpg

20151015_080005.jpg

Soooo beautiful Rad. Enjoy the beauty. Let go of the frustration. It's all going to be ok.

Look into Comfrey root (Knitbone) for the broken ankle. As soon as any cast is removed. It can make all the difference twenty years down the road. I've used it personally in this regard to spectacular results.

Soooo beautiful Rad. Enjoy the beauty. Let go of the frustration. It's all going to be ok.

Look into Comfrey root (Knitbone) for the broken ankle. As soon as any cast is removed. It can make all the difference twenty years down the road. I've used it personally in this regard to spectacular results.

i've been trying to get my hand on a comfrey plant or two for a couple of years. They want more than cannabis seeds. And all the permaculture folks seem to want the "non-invasive" Russian comfrey. I'd rather have the standard comfrey that really wants to grow.

I have a small supply of comfrey root among the kitchen jars. She probably will be in a cast for many more weeks. Right now, they aren't planning surgery since she has three blood clots in her lungs from the bone breaks. Next Ortho appointment is on Thursday.

This mood will pass. It's a shut in the house too long issue. I'm thinking of going into Boston this weekend to check out the Indoor Garden Expo.

Take pictures so you can share the joy.

Blood clots. Damned intimidating if you let them be. Sending big time healing thoughts. Life's never dull, is it?

I've missed you, my Brother. Been on a pretty wacky adventure the last few months: Seattle and NorCal grows. Abfab scenery, beautiful women, dancing, a few tears, salmon-fishing, and yields north of 3.5lb/plant of some of the best herb I've ever had the pleasure of rolling. Now back to Atlanta (road trip!) for a couple of months and back for a light-dep grow in FEB. I'm thinking of doing Flo as she's a super-producer and it would make tarping easier. Any ideas?

Plz send my best to the old gang. Now that I'm not half falling off a mountain, I can be around more again. Stay cool, Brother.
RLTW

All the maple trees have dropped their leaves

20151109_161422-1.jpg

My raspberry vines did a lot of good vegging, The leaves are turning, from the bottom up.

20151108_123611-1.jpg

My wife has been unable to walk down the front steps and throw peanuts to the crows since she shattered her ankle 6 weeks ago. Setting aside a bowl of peanuts has been added to the bedtime routine. When the crows call in the morning, my wife opens the second story window, talks to them, and throws out peanuts from on high. The crows are not very happy with this change, but they still eat the peanuts :)

20151109_200741-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom