Radogast's Non-420 Garden Creation Thread

Hail, Brother,
Glad to see all's well. Gaia paints w/a splendid brush.
Mrs. Kopta (nice old Lady neighbor of mine in Chicago) taught me a trick for growing Catnip. You're gonna laugh, but it works. Grow it under a wire dish rack held down w/garden staples (hanger cut in 1/2). Kitty will nibble as far as he can, but there's still enough leaf mass left for photosynthesis.
2 questions, plz:
What was your herbal smoke mix?
Have you been seeing signals of Change/Flux? I feel, but cannot see. Confusing and worrisome.
Love and respect

I love your catnip idea, I can see that in our yard.

I didn't detail the herbal mix, because I forgot to write it down :)

I know went about 50% nettle with two other ingredients, probably lobelia and catnip -- plus traces of St. John's Wort, Uva Ursi, mugwort, amd mullein from the previous smoke mix.

I've been challenged with back problems the last 3 days : sudden waves of pain, strain, or nausea, It seems like I was pinching a nerve. I'm not used to pain and illness, I forced myself to sit down and watch movies on the weekend. Today, I am better with random intestinal signals. Which is to say, I'm not in a space to notice change and flux. I could not hold a meditative space for over 3 minutes, while I am used to falling into 20 minutes meditation at a moments notice. So wierd. -- Just now I did a slip into meditative space deeper than all yesterday, so getting better :)

Random yard projects were done over the weekend between movies: I assembled a 4' love seat out of bunk bed parts, the wife painted a rattan sofa fit for Cleopatra, the girl decorated a Dr. Plague mask fit for Veronica Franco, trips were made to hardware stores, Mosquito trap made out of plastic screen, magnets and large outdoor fan, charcoal grill restocked, and general cleanup prior to a vacation on Thursday.

Life is good :)

Catnip seedlings won't go outside for at least 2 weeks

20150615_193257-1.jpg

20150615_193304-1.jpg

Hail, Brother,
. . .
Have you been seeing signals of Change/Flux? I feel, but cannot see. Confusing and worrisome.
Love and respect

Hail, Brother

Someone close took a 3 card reading today.

It might apply to your question about Change.Flux

Interpretting the cards as Past / Present / Future

- - -

Nine of coins. Feel like you're swimming in shark infested waters? Guess what you are. Depending on what you're looking for, it's attainable. You have to be careful in your approach and not move too quickily. But the prize is within your grasp, you just have to be patient and keep your eyes wide open. The storms have past, you're still floating, but it will be up to you on how fast or slow you need to proceed. Eyes wide open and exercise caution. In the three card draw this was in your past to near past, for some it may still be going on. As Dori says, "Just keep swimming".

Ten of Coins: Feeling like your head is in the sand? Looking for enlightenment? Answer to some big questions? No answers? That's what's happening right now in the present (3 card). Paths seem to be going backwards instead of forwards. Or you feel your known beliefs have been turned over upside down? It's ok. Just stay grounded. This is what is for right now. Sometimes we all need to go back to earth to stay grounded before we put our heads into the skies, or lofty dreams.

MA 10 The Wheel: This is the wheel of fate or fortune. The general meaning is that as the seasons go around, so does fate, life, and fortune. So, I see this one and think, "Yikes!" But, looking more closely it all fits in with the current Astrological happening of Scorpio and Saturan up there doing a dance. Everything is still hidden. But it's just below the surface. If you feel you are running blindly right now, that's very real, but after a bit, things will be revealed for the wheel will return to it's other phase. Even if you feel you are losing your footing or your grasp, stay grounded. It may feel at times that you're going to come loose and fall, it's ok, just stay grounded and soon enough you're be back on your game again and doing it with great confidence.

The cards are saying basically the same thing; keep calm, stay grounded. Things are shifting and feel stressful, there's things hidden, but they will soon be revealed. Don't give up, just be and observe to see what is revealed and the blindfold will come off and your head will be out of the sand. As dismal as this looked, it's actually quite nice to know that we are where we are supposed to be for the moment.

Wow Rad. I felt like they were talking directly to me and this wasn't even about me. That was spooky.

I started the legal ball rolling and tomorrow I try to get Dale's medical records from the nursing home. This entire process demands that I stay calm and grounded. Reading that almost electrified the air in my room. How do you do that?

Dear Rado,
Plz send my Love and Respect to the Clan. Truly a Clan with Eyes.
Eyes that saw a Scorpio (27OCT) Dancer and Warrior, if not blinded, at least befogged and befuddled. I've come to love my role, but also recognize we're not the most sentient bunch.

It's been so strange. You feel. Then FEEL. So, of course, you look, right? See nothing. So you let it go, figuring Fey is Fey. But then you FEEL. Nihil video. ClanEyes reminded me that Life is a dance we do on Earth.
Gratitude and respect

Dear Rado,
Plz send my Love and Respect to the Clan. Truly a Clan with Eyes.
Eyes that saw a Scorpio (27OCT) Dancer and Warrior, if not blinded, at least befogged and befuddled. I've come to love my role, but also recognize we're not the most sentient bunch.

It's been so strange. You feel. Then FEEL. So, of course, you look, right? See nothing. So you let it go, figuring Fey is Fey. But then you FEEL. Nihil video. ClanEyes reminded me that Life is a dance we do on Earth.
Gratitude and respect

This last weekend, a writer/teacher I follow on facebook - one who practices in a form akin to old, old religion of the days before agriculture, took this action...

Robin Artisson said:
New Rule: when the weather is perfect, go into the woods, find healthy windfall, pay the indwellers of the place, use knife and axe to cut away pieces you want, go carve them with the faces of the indwelling elfin powers of the wild land behind your yard and orchard's hedge, and put them there on the border between maintained land and wild land and woods, preferably under that incredibly beautiful and old apple tree that straddles the place where the land lifts up and then falls away.

Give the land-dwellers new sets of eyes to see with, and then, regularly pour fresh cream and ale around the bases of their tremaðr. Expect the indwellers to creep up slowly and inhabit their little shrine. Add tremaðr every month or so, until you have about 9-13 of these little beauties. Keep up offerings for as long as you live here. Watch the guy who comes to cut the grass stare unblinking at things he can't comprehend, but which his own Ancestors would have found commonplace.

Then, be awesome, with your property beautified in the oldest and wisest of ways.

His ways strike me as one who walks with the Titans

That was beautiful! I'm so glad I was still awake. :laughtwo: :love:

I perceive like such a dunderhead sometimes!

Tonight is the new moon, a turnaround point from the ebbing lunar energy of the last two weeks. Classically, the next 3 days should reveal that which has been hidden and release that which is stuck.
I was a week behind in my lunar awareness. I was out of sync with the moon. :oops:

I need to pay more attention to the farmers almanac I recently got but haven't had much time to look at. Do we have a harvest moon coming up soon????

Re Post#547: Me too. So much going on, looked right past it. I eagerly anticipate this upcoming change in energy.

Yes, Artisson would seem to be on the shoulders of Giants. Will chk him out. How did we forget so much? Do you think it was a gradual waning, or was the curve steep?

MMM: Don't think so, Brother. In addition to the FA, you may also want to chk: Maynard, Jim. Celestial Guide 2015. Quicksilver Productions, Ashland, OR. Very cool.
RLTW

NICE!! Thanks for sharing!!

Sweet Rad. Had to laugh at the vanishing hawks. :laughtwo: Thanks. :love:

Isn't it nice when you finally find a use for something you've hoarded for ten years or longer? :laughtwo:

I LOVE the boot rack!

I'm touched by the childlike wonder at woodpeckers Rad. Very heartwarming. I could almost see your ears perk up and that twinkle I know had to be in your eye as you turned to hone in on them. Sweet :blushsmile:

I'm touched by the childlike wonder at woodpeckers Rad. Very heartwarming. I could almost see your ears perk up and that twinkle I know had to be in your eye as you turned to hone in on them. Sweet :blushsmile:

There were at least, 2 downy woodpeckers, 1 hairy woodpecker, 3 blue jays, 2 nuthatches, 1 robin also in this picture - And one Marmot looking straight up at 2 Pileated Woodpeckers above her on a skinny dead tree. I imagine she was in wonder at birds as tall as she is that didn't want to eat her :)

I love woodpeckers. Not. Pecking. At. My. Facia Board. I know it's the bugs they are after, it's only a problem when they peck on my house. I live surrounded by woods. Why my house? I can post photos of the damage. Not. Funny.

They have challenged my firearms discipline. I'd love to use a .22 on one when it's pecking my house.. But, I've only scoped them thus far.

;)

I've actually noticed they have taken to my various forms of harassment, and the fact that I've got about six good sized oaks that were taken down, but not stumped. So, they've been whacking away at them instead.

It's something I deal with. I have wildlife all around me, constantly.

Put two turtles in two days back in my pond they crawled out of.

Left my car doors open the other day, kids did. A pack of raccoons went in and had a party with all the various fries, Skittles, and leftover beef jerkies left in my jeep. Only way I really knew was the next day I noticed they disturbed the pollen all over my interior,, it showed their paw marks... I laughed.

Made me think of that car commercial with the hamsters....them chillin

Anyway, the geese,, they haven't been back in weeks since I called immigration (pelted them with flowers) they are a protected species it seems so I would never chuck rocks at them.

So, they sent in their distant cousins the wild turkey to my house,, like six on my house the other day,,.No lie, I pulled up and thought this is when I'd live a shotgun rack. And I'm not a violent person.

Typically

Happy Birthday America!#!

:)

Back
Top Bottom