RageMonkey's Phototron & homeade bubbler experiment Northern Lights

Happy Holidays everyone! I trust you all found presents on your trees instead of under them. =)

DSC017052.JPG

Box shot.

DSC01706.JPG

Main cola bent over...

DSC01707.JPG

I can hear the Angels calling us....

DSC017082.JPG

Ho Ho Ho....

DSC01710.JPG

So excited I couldn't keep the camera in focus...

DSC017122.JPG

Behold, a Christmas miracle... Frosted leaves and all...

DSC017142.JPG

A winter paradise...

DSC017152.JPG

Happy Holidays to all my 420 friends!!!!

Hey Rage,
I can just sniff those lovely floral aromas from here. Wonderbar maan.
From your experiment with this kind of system how do you think using lateral flourescents in 4 corners of a space (Mine is 6x5 ft *8ft high) with a 400w HPS from above? ( I have this area curtained off w/panda to enclose the plant structure which is 3x3) Looks like those lats are giving the girl the light she needs. In your experience you think this is viable for a few plants? Do you think adding lateral lighting to my grow space will make my plants bushier and more full of flowers? I really would like your opinion cause your grow came out very succesful & nice despite the space and heat problems you had. Rage dude you did a fine job.

Hey Rage,
I can just sniff those lovely floral aromas from here. Wonderbar maan.
From your experiment with this kind of system how do you think using lateral flourescents in 4 corners of a space (Mine is 6x5 ft *8ft high) with a 400w HPS from above? ( I have this area curtained off w/panda to enclose the plant structure which is 3x3) Looks like those lats are giving the girl the light she needs. In your experience you think this is viable for a few plants? Do you think adding lateral lighting to my grow space will make my plants bushier and more full of flowers? I really would like your opinion cause your grow came out very succesful & nice despite the space and heat problems you had. Rage dude you did a fine job.

How many watts are you going to use for side lighting? Sidelighing normally produces taller/stringier plants. However, if you were to grow a plan under a 400w MH during veg then switch it to a 400w HPS with abou 200 - 300w of 3000k fluorescent side lighting, you would get more budding in he bottom 2/3 of the plant.

So here's the deal. Tomorrow I will take photos, then it's time to chop down my xmas tree. I'm going to get you some nice photos of the harvest and I've a got a postage scale ready to measure the wet yield.

Also, yesterday, we took 2.5g off a lower branch and vaped it. This shit is a really strong indica. No chem tastes at all. I can't wait to figure out the final wet yield weight.

Anyone want to take a guess at how big the root ball will be when she's finally revealed?

Ok and the numbers are in. The wet weight was 1 lbs 6.4 oz. Tada!!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty rediculous considering this is a phototron.

Now for the harvest images:

DSC01737.JPG

Aproaching the enemy with cat-like stealthy precision...

DSC01738.JPG

Popped off her panel....

DSC01739.JPG

Here's my Marijuana rape kit....

DSC01740.JPG

One last look before hack and slash....

DSC01742.JPG

A beautiful thick stem... what a shame to have to defile it...

DSC01741.JPG

3 side panels removed... and like a cute little veal cow she springs forth from her cage, oblivious to the fate that awaits her...

DSC01743.JPG

1 beautiful chopped stem...

DSC01744.JPG

Thrown to the floor... No one can help you now...

DSC01745.JPG

Yeeha! Yeeha! Ariba! Ariba!

DSC01746.JPG

Onto the cutting table... 2 white trash bags laid out

DSC01749.JPG

Here's the start of 2 hours of metidulous trimming and manicuring

DSC01751.JPG

Here's the pile of clipping left over from the harvest...

DSC01754.JPG

Look! there's a 6 quart stainless steel bowl heaping with buds...

DSC01753.JPG

Exciting, huh?

DSC01755.JPG

Side shot of the buds. According to my scale the buds weigh 1 lbs 6.4 oz wet...

DSC01757.JPG

Here I've laid the buds on a 20" x 20" box fan which is on medium and is blowing down. the fan is sitting on two 1.5" spacers to provide room for exhaust from the bottom. These buds will be turned daily for about a week until they are ready for curing...

This is a cheap easy way to dry your buds while maintaining excellent airflow; In about a week I'll give you guys some shots of the curing process and I'll take another weight measurement so we can see how much water is lost due to drying.

Back
Top Bottom