RageMonkey's Phototron & homeade bubbler experiment Northern Lights

DSC01607.JPG

DSC01608.JPG

DSC016091.JPG

Unfortunately the level of detail is not there in these camera images to show the white hairs, but trust me - they are there! hehehe

I am seriosuly running out of room fats int his phototron and as of today this is only the first week of the 12/12 cycle. I'm going to have a serious jungle in there in a month.

Congrats on the girl man!That's great!:peace:

Beautiful young lady you got there. Shes gunna be sweeeeeeeeet.

I quit using and never mention'd the 'photontank' grow i had because they just ain't big enough!!!!! If you plant's just now flowering your either going to need a MAJOR trim or take the top of the tank to get the plant out!!! The wiring inside is'nt that complicated you can rebuild it w/o the shell in a bigger area + add more cfl's. Get her out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC01610.JPG

Here's a shot from the side. i had to move the LED's up 4" today because the top was touching the led's. When this gets to that height again I will have to take the led's out.

DSC01611.JPG

Close up of top

DSC016121.JPG

This plant looks like it wants to be 4' wide when you look at the branches through the sides. I think I grew a damn X-mas tree here.

DSC01613.JPG

DSC01614.JPG

Everyday I have to add 1.5 gallons of new nutrient solution. 0.75 at 8am and another 0.75 at 7pm right before the lights go out. She's really drinking it up. I also boosted the concentration of my nutrient mixture by 25% starting today. I swear the other day I could hear the plant screaming "Feed me, Seymore! Feed Me!" coming from the other room.

I'm already losing some leaves to the heat from the side lamps when they press against them. Sinc ethis was only the first 9 days of flowering, I imagine I will have to bend the main cola over in a few weeks so that it will continue to fit in the tron. Come harvest I'll be cutting it out of the tron in pieces. The size of this thing is simply rediculous given that the tron is 58" high. I've never seen a plant this healthy. There's not even one purple line on the stem.

Shes definitely gunna out grow her Tron. Shes a monster!

I didn't think a phototron was capable of growing a plant like this. Last time I grew in the phototron, I used dirt and the size of the plant wasn't 1/3 of this one. I think much of the size could be attributed to the DWC setup. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to fill the resevoir everyday. I couldn't go on a vacation for 2 weeks without an auto top off mechanism and an external resevoir. I'm going to look around an see if i an find a float controller for a aquarium.

This plant looks like it wants to be 4' wide when you look at the branches through the sides. I think I grew a damn X-mas tree here.

not a bad idea. can you imagine santas face if you used your pot plant as a christmas tree :thedoubletake:

If i were him id take the tree and leave the sack o toys.

very nice plants.

not a bad idea. can you imagine santas face if you used your pot plant as a christmas tree :thedoubletake:

If i were him id take the tree and leave the sack o toys.

very nice plants.

That's one evil ganja smoking santa.... What ever happened to Rudolph the red-eyed raindeer?

Just took some more pics today. I removed the LED's this morning since there is now only 6" of clearance between the top of the plant ant the top of the box. I don't want to risk burning the main cola with the lights. the plant seems to be growing in height by 1 - 1.5" per day as far as i can tell. So i'll probably have 4 or 5 days before I need to start bending the main cola over.

She's been budding for approximately 2 weeks and in that time it's more than doubled in size. The size could get really rediculous really fast since I haave another 45 days of flowering to go. hehe

At this point, I'm forced slide the bucket lid about 2" to the back to check the resevoir, etc. So a picture of the root ball won't be possible anymore until harvest. From what I can tell the root ball is seriously large and very dense. This plant is sucking up close to 1.5 gallons per day in nutrient solution too. I'm trying to figure out a good way to automate the resevoir top off. I may end up buying a horizontal float switch and wiring in a submersible pump that will fill from a separate 10 - 20 gallon resevoir off to the side. that might buy me enough time if I have to go away for a week.

Considering this is my first hydro grow, I'm really amazed at how relatively low maintenance this grow has been. I really expected mor eproblems. Last time I grew in dirt I had problems with bugs, nute burn, over watering and in the end the weed had a really harsh chemical taste. Dirt is such a pain in the ass. The way this plant is turnbing out I expect it could end up being some really great weed.

Anyway, as soon as my camera battery finishes charging, i'll upload the new pics. they should be up tonight.

Jesus man that things a monster.

Back
Top Bottom