Raided in N.Y. State - Please help!

skully65

I live in N.Y. State and got raided yesterday . I had 5 plants growing outside of my house in the country . They were nothing huge by any means . 3 of the plants were no more than 1-2 ft tall , the other 2 were a little bigger (enclosed pic.) I have been reading conflicting stats on what I may be looking at criminally . The cops said that I am looking at a felony , possibly a class E . This was for personal use only for my wife and I . No scales were found or anything to point towards sales . I spoke with my attorney briefly about this and he hasnt got back to me yet . ( no-one will fight for your freedom as hard as You do ) . Some things I read states that cultivation is as serious as sales . Others say it is just a misdemeaner . Honestly I am worried . I have no priors for this at all , although I do have 2 prior prison bids for other crap . My name is not on the lease , just my wifes is ,and my wife wants to say that they are hers . Nice but I do not want her to go to jail . My wife was not charged at all what-so-ever . The plants were just starting to bud , and maybe 5 ft tall . Can someone please give me some advice and/or help as to where to look for accurate info. on N.Y State marijuanna laws . What is the difference between growing and cultivation ? Or is it just a play on words ? PLEASE HELP ! Thanx ! Having a hard time uploading photos . sorry .

Re: RAIDED in N.Y. State , please help !!

Shitty man, remember cops are legally allowed to lie to you. So never believe anything from their mouth.

According to NORML, here is cultivation law info: Growing cannabis is a class A misdemeanor and is punishable by up to 1 year of imprisonment and/or a fine of up to $1000.

I'm sure with a decent lawyer you can get this lowered, just take some stupid classes about drugs, then get it wiped clean.

I would contact a MJ lawyer, here's a list, not sure which is closest to you.

Michael F. Griffith
Amagansette, NY

917-748-7246

Steven Hubert
Brooklyn, NY

718-522-4646

Timothy C. Parlatore
New York, NY

212-679-6312

Joseph Bondy
New York, NY

212-219-3572

Howard Weiner
New York, NY

212-785-1100
917-921-3363

Neal Wiesner
New York, NY

212-732-2225

Eric Franz
New York, NY

212-355-2200

Michael Kennedy
New York, NY

212-935-4500

does it matter how much the five plants weigh ? One N.y state stature I read said growing cannabis with a weight of 4-16 oz. can carry 1-7 yrs . I am in Upstate N.Y . 65 miles north of Syracuse . I thank You for the list , although none are even remotely near me . Backward Hick county . Heroin ,bath-salts , and meth are rampant here and cops harass us few "mom and pop " growers . I read the NORML reprt and wasnt sure of its accuracy . mental gymnastics right now . Plants maybe would weigh 1/4 lb when dry

Anyone reading this needs to re-read the following sentence a few times and make sure it sinks in.
"cops are legally allowed to lie to you"

They will and constantly do, it's their job, and they are more than likely much better at it than you are. But here is the good news, cops are also full of crap. They want you to think they WILL catch you, you WILL go to jail, and there is nothing you can do about it. They have caught you, now it's time to utilize any and every advantage that the wonderful united states gives us. Get a good lawyer, this is your number one defense, there are so many loop holes in our laws it's ridiculous. Make sure you go over the raid with your lawyer in detail. Many times you can get your case thrown out of court because the police violated your rights. Cops tend to go on the assumption that you don't know the law, so they can do pretty much what ever they want. I've had 2 possession charges thrown out as well as a distribution charge. Purely because the police didn't do things exactly by the book. Mainly what I'm saying is this isn't the end of the fight, it's the beginning. It's time to play dirty because I promise you they will. Big things to mention is the force used while detaining you, especially your wife, and the treatment of all evidence (plants, books, materials, bud, anything they took).

Because you only have 5 plants that will help you a lot in sentencing if your found guilty. Also keep in mind police weigh wet, and the value they put on your weed will astonish you. I actually had a cop try claiming that my O was worth $800 -_-. They will generally also try to charge you based on what the plant would yield if matured. Even plants that aren't even flowering. Last time I checked the DEA claimed an average marijuana plant yields around a pound. Which we all know is full of crap. So they could try to charge you with 5 pounds. These are all things you will need to check with your lawyer about and start building a defense for.

Also keep in mind anything you do on your phone or computer. You could be getting monitored. These things can and will be used against you in court.

And keep in mind, in the united states the law is, prove without a doubt that I am guilty, not the other way around. Depending on the precautions you took, this may be of little use to you though.

I wish you luck in your battles, and know that every day we are fighting for people like you. My heart goes out to you.

I am guessing a snitch . I still havent been charged yet . I am to turn myself in the first week of sept . From what my lawyer says they (cops) process the cannabis here in n.y . As when it is wet it is not considered a drug . Which has its pros and cons . Drying it reduces the weight I told him and that is what I am concerned with . My lawyer is going to get all info as to how , and why I was busted .

Back
Top Bottom