Rain on the horizon

s00thsayer

420 Member
I'm doing my first ever grow which happens to be ourdoor from Swiss Cheese by Nirvana Seeds. I've been reading a lot on when to harvest and I came across a number of helpful links about using a microscope/loupe to look at trichromes. I spent $10 and got a cheap one off amazon but after examination I'm not sure if mine are cloudy or clear...

To make matters worse there's like 6 days of rain on the horizon. I've read my strain is fairly resistant to mould but I thought I'd post here to see what the experts had to say. So far I'm planning to shake the water off a few times a day and try to tough it out.

If they're clear (which I think they are) I'm sort of hoping to make it 2 more weeks since there should be a couple more good sunny patches to come.

Advice? Ideas? Sorry about the quality of the pictures, I'm trying to use a magnifier with my iPhone...

41EKIiR.jpg

4SbZpYS.jpg

I don't know, man! But considering you're growing outdoor, it's gonna be ready to cut probably in a week or two, or even three. Nirvana says 60-63 days on average, which makes it 9 weeks. It's very hard to say what colour your trichs are at the moment, cause the picture is lil bit outta focus.

How's this pic? Any easier to tell? Seems pretty milky I assume?

XQFiLEk.jpg

I don't know, man! But considering you're growing outdoor, it's gonna be ready to cut probably in a week or two, or even three. Nirvana says 60-63 days on average, which makes it 9 weeks. It's very hard to say what colour your trichs are at the moment, cause the picture is lil bit outta focus.

Ok, so you got 95% milky, 4% clear and about 1% amber. Considering it's a hybrid you can keep it till you reach about 10-20% amber (4-5 days), but you can also chop it down now if you're afraid about mold as it reached a peak of THC production and trichs will continue to mature while being dried. Hope that helps!

Cool thanks. It's a torrential downpour here right now with crazy winds. I'm monitoring things pretty closely, I'll keep you posted!

Ok, so you got 95% milky, 4% clear and about 1% amber. Considering it's a hybrid you can keep it till you reach about 10-20% amber (4-5 days), but you can also chop it down now if you're afraid about mold as it reached a peak of THC production and trichs will continue to mature while being dried. Hope that helps!

Cut it down yesterday when it started to rain (forecasted to rain for the next 3 days). Got to about 10-15% amber so I'm happy with that!

Back
Top Bottom