Raising pH

Grower2020

If I was to buy the premium platinum potting mix I'm looking at buying. "Searles"
The ph is controlled and guaranteed between 5.3-6.5. 6.3-6.7 being the ultimate ph for soil grows, if I ph test my potting mix and it's closer to 5.3 than 6.3 will my mega crop fertiliser bring the ph up?
Thanks in advance

If I was to buy the premium platinum potting mix I'm looking at buying. "Searles"
The ph is controlled and guaranteed between 5.3-6.5. 6.3-6.7 being the ultimate ph for soil grows, if I ph test my potting mix and it's closer to 5.3 than 6.3 will my mega crop fertiliser bring the ph up?
Thanks in advance
Your water will have a bigger influence. Mix a gram with a gallon of tap water and measure it. I think you may be surprised to find it right in the range. I wouldn’t buy a PH’ed soil with MC. A theory is that MC does not need to be PH’d. I am not sold yet but many are having good luck not PHing. Go with Promix or something similar and cut with perlite.

Your water will have a bigger influence. Mix a gram with a gallon of tap water and measure it. I think you may be surprised to find it right in the range. I wouldn’t buy a PH’ed soil with MC. A theory is that MC does not need to be PH’d. I am not sold yet but many are having good luck not PHing. Go with Promix or something similar and cut with perlite.
I live in Australia and our potting mix all contains slow release. The potting mix I'm looking at isn't actually ph'd it's just the way they blend it and what they use creates that particular ph. Would u say using MC would sort out the 5.3 Issue if I ph the mix and it is low?

I let mine sit a month or more. If you don’t have that long I think I would roll with just MC and see how the plants react. I stopped using PH up because I was adding 1.5 ml of potash which started causing issues. I don’t test soil PH.
Ok cool do the idea of the fertiliser is to obviously correct the ph of the soil anyway. Do u grow outdoors or in

Back
Top Bottom