Raiven's 2nd Indoor Grow - THC Bomb Auto - Cr+ - Fruity Chronic Juice - 2014

PeeJay, that is impressive growth rate for 10, 15, & 25 days. As good as I've seen on 420.

Raiven, you've put a fair amount of faith in me by listening to my advice about a soil growing medium. That makes it worth while for me to spend a little time explaining some things I've learned in detail instead of with short answers.

You were successful at germinating your seeds. On the other hand, you've sort of failed at achieving a few of the important plant structural qualities prized by those who grow in limited spaces. What you want to do down the road is limit the initial stretch and encourage tight node formation so you end up with a squat little bush instead of a lanky plant.

I've used rapid rooters before and didn't care for them. I like to soak the seeds and plant them between 1/2 and 3/4 inch deep into a lean well drained soil before they even split open and show a root. The same method works well if you use the paper towel method and get a little root before you drop it in the soil.

The planting depth is very important. If you plant too shallow the seedling will not shed it's seed coat before it breaks ground. It grows up like crazy until the seed coat is shed and the cotyledons open. As the seed coat moves up through the soil friction particles drag against it and pull it off. All you have to do is make sure the soil is moist. Measure 3/4 of an inch on the tip of a pencil or something and use it to make a hole to drop the seed in. You just leave them in a warm place and they sprout in a couple of days.

planting1.jpg

planting2.jpg

Notice that this seedling just breaking ground has already lost it's seed coat. That's what you want.

wp2up.jpg

I leave the sprouting pots on top of the fridge where it's pleasantly warm until they sprout or I put them right under the lights and mist the top of the soil once or twice a day.

You want the plants right under cfl or fluorescent lighting - like 2-3' above the top of the plant. That plays a big role in keeping the plant short right out of the gates. It won't burn them.

level1.jpg

vb2.jpg

As the plant grows up I adjust the plant downwards. I find it is much easier to move the plant down than raise lights so I set the pot on a stack of old books or something and simply remove a book when the plant is getting too close. So long as they have an inch or so of clearance they are fine. I keep the young plants very close to the light until they are 30 days old or so. I take them out from under the cfls into the greenhouse to take pictures and that's it. If you put them in the sun they will also stretch aggressively.

These are 10 days out of the ground. They are in the same soil you'll be using in the future and grown under cfls.

og10d1.jpg

og10d2.jpg

The same plant at 15 days.

ogsdlupdtd15a.jpg

ogsdlupdtd15b.jpg

At 25 days

ogd25a.jpg

ogd25b.jpg

By starting the plants out carefully you will get the most out of your limited space.

Day 28
Seed. Day 19
08-20-14 6:00 pm

The two remaining plants THC Bomb & Fruity Chronic Juice are doing great
Today they received a little boost of YumYum mix...Just a touch scratched into the top 1/2" of soil...A tip graciously given to me by PeeJay

I also mixed up all the soils SEED soil VEG soil and BUD soil...Thanks again to PeeJay for all your help!!

Here are some pics

20140820_185950.jpg
20140820_190155.jpg
20140820_190228.jpg
20140820_190513.jpg

20140820_185922.jpg
20140820_185928.jpg
20140820_185819.jpg
20140820_185916.jpg
20140820_200412.jpg

Day 33
Veg. Day 1
08-25-14 6:00 pm

Transplanted into VEG SOIL MIX today...
Plants are healthy and happy!!
The new light setup in the seed chamber worked great and should keep future plants short and full...
Also changed the setup in the veg room to encourage low growth...

20140825_173927.jpg
20140825_173934.jpg
20140825_173949.jpg

They seem to be bushing up nicely, Raiven. The taller of the two may be getting a little too light and heat bombed. I like to raise and lower the plants when they are little instead of raising and lowering the light. That way I don't have to worry about one plant being taller than the other because I can control their distance from the light independantly. I just use a stack of books or magazines or whatever under the pots and remove them as necessary to keep the plants at the right level.

I'm excited to see how they do in the veg mix. :popcorn:

They seem to be bushing up nicely, Raiven. The taller of the two may be getting a little too light and heat bombed. I like to raise and lower the plants when they are little instead of raising and lowering the light. That way I don't have to worry about one plant being taller than the other because I can control their distance from the light independantly. I just use a stack of books or magazines or whatever under the pots and remove them as necessary to keep the plants at the right level.

I'm excited to see how they do in the veg mix. :popcorn:

I agree with you PeeJay, on using stackables to raise and lower the plant instead of the light...
I believe I will be using both methods in my veg and bud chambers due to the height of the chambers...
Not sure I have enough stacking material to make it to the light if it was attached to the top hahahaha...But the combination of the two methods could work for me...Then I could have the independent control you were mentioning along with any height I want with the light...

I was also toying around with the idea of creating two chambers inside each one (veg & bud) since the height I mentioned earlier is overkill especially if I want to keep the plants low and bushy...

Thoughts anyone??

:thanks::Namaste::peace::blunt:

Day 41
Veg. Day 10
09-03-14 6:00 pm

quick update today on the ladies...
They seem to be loving the organic mix thanks once again to PeeJay...
Water Only once a week at this point...

They are growing low and full and its great
I topped both plants and starting LSTing the FCJ...I decided not to LST the THCBombAuto and just top it a few times and see how it goes...

I figured I would have a better chance manipulating the FCJ than the THCBomb since the FCJ is not an AUTO...
See pictures below and let me know what you think!!

20140903_183557.jpg
20140903_183613.jpg
20140903_183630.jpg
20140903_183642.jpg
20140903_183652.jpg
20140903_183712.jpg
20140903_183718.jpg
20140903_183931.jpg
20140903_185910.jpg
20140903_185918.jpg
20140903_185930.jpg
20140903_185939.jpg

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Autos dont really need to be topped. But if you experience stretching then best way to combat that is place in a new pot and cover the main stem up to the cotelydons with soil. Also have an osciallating fan blowing over them. That will strengthen the stems. Hope you come back to this with an update soon. Also sent you a private message too.

Back
Top Bottom